243 replies to this topic

#241 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

It's often faster to run up close and blast vs staying back and taking harder shots. Especially if you're fast on your feet.

Staying back you shoot slower and often still get lower quality hits. Even slower guys can cover a fair bit of ground in say 2 seconds.

It seems to work better if it's just 1 or 2 targets. If you can stay back and eliminate a 1 or 2 target position then it's more often worth it.

#242 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:00 AM

By hanging back I eliminated a closer position with three targets. But it required a decently hard lean on each. Pretty sure my setup time x2 ate all the time "saved."

#243 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:47 PM

Local outlaw steel match.  I'm once again reminded that feeling like I'm going fast is irrelevant.  Also, not calling shots is bad M'kay.

Got caught a couple times trying to leave a position before I'd called the shot only to register the lack of steel ringing and having to go back to a position I'd already started to leave.

-Eyes need to stay on the target until the shot is called. 

My perception of time while shooting is seriously fucked up.  While I know this is normal, it's very disconnected from reality these days.  I'm not sure if that's because I'm actually getting fast or what, but I need to just settle down and ignore my perception on the matter.  It's seriously freaky though, like the beep opens a hole in the space-time continuum and things might speed up or they might slow down.  

Also:  I'm cleaning mags everytime before I load them from now on.  Just walking around and shooting stages, enough shit got into one of them to start causing failures to feed.  Brushing out the mag and rolling all the ammo around in a silicone rag fixed things.

#244 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:51 PM

Need new springs on my extractor. Hopefully I remember.

I haven't been practicing at all lately. So I'm fine with a very stagnant no improvement finish today. Except for the malfunction and buffoonery to clear it. New springs I tell you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users