thegrandwazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:00 AM

Yeah I don't think bench will help with anything other than the ol' lady. ;-P

For assistance work I am doing box squats, box jumps and thought about the ladder drill. But hey big posterior chain moments can't hurt.

#22 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:47 AM

Don't forget curls for the girls.

• thegrandwazoo likes this

#23 Moustache6

Moustache6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationCONUS/OCONUS

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:44 PM

Food for though: "Athleticism is not very trainable, but strength is. And whatever the level of athleticism, an increase in strength increases the ability to fully display that level of athleticism"

some legit fitness/training resources:

• http://projectleannation.com/         ***custom pre-made healthy meal plans built to suit your macros, and delivered to your door... for those too lazy and/or stupid to cook

#24 thegrandwazoo

thegrandwazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:20 PM

Cool set of links. Pat is hard core.

Moved a shit ton of weight last night. Somewhere around 18k lb total.

And now some motivation.

• GuanoLoco likes this

#25 yomamma

yomamma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:26 AM

Maybe if you were a man you wouldn't have to lift weights to be able to shoot.  Pussy.  

• thegrandwazoo and peterthefish like this

#26 thegrandwazoo

thegrandwazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:06 PM

Hmm. Seems like someone needs a hug. It's ok I understand, your feelings of inadequacy make you lash out. 

#27 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:58 PM

some legit fitness/training resources:

The book presents a number of good exercises (hadn't seen some of them before), but it's left as an exercise for the reader to figure out programming. I'll build a circuit of three or so of them and run through it a couple times after squatting, deadlifting, or the like.

#28 Moustache6

Moustache6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationCONUS/OCONUS

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:29 PM

The book is basically a primer for the CST course that he offers

He teaches you how to create your own programming protocols.  Using generic training programs is not an effect way to train, one needs to customize a plan to fit within their capabilities and goals... "one size does not fit all".

#29 Shippj

Shippj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationMonfuckingtana

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:42 AM

This is the program I used to use alot.    I just recently got back into it, I like the simplicity and the use of multi-joint lifts.    

http://www.jimwendle...for-a-beginner/

Probably as good as any other program, as long as you stick with it.  

#30 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

This is where I do my damage.

IMG_20151218_223242355_zps69wzuczc.jpg

• Stubb, dsa and thegrandwazoo like this

#31 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:37 AM

I lift a playstation controller sometimes.

• thegrandwazoo likes this

#32 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:01 AM

I lift a playstation controller sometimes.

double entendre ???

The-Gamer-2__77926.1433788018.1280.1280.

#33 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

I take HIIT classes and run to try to stay in shape. I have thought of spending more time in the weight room but all of the epic asses on the fit chicks in the leggings keep me happy doing HIIT.

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#34 thegrandwazoo

thegrandwazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:29 PM

No epic asses in my gym except for my wife's. Just 4 walls and a bunch of iron. There is a pull up bar just to the left, the black things at the top are arm slings.

My favorite place in my house.

rack.jpg

#35 Moustache6

Moustache6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationCONUS/OCONUS

Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:47 AM

@RockOutGLOCKOut

If you're taking a "HIIT Class" with a bunch of chicks, then odds are what you're doing is not real HIIT

Here's a few examples of what HIIT is supposed to look like:

POWER HIIT

Take 60% of your squat max and load onto the bar. Then take your squat max and load that onto the leg press.

So if your squat max is 400 pounds, you put 240 pounds onto the squat, then 400 pounds on the leg press.

Do 8 reps on the squat then immediately get on the leg press and do 12 reps... this is one round.

Immediately go right back into the squat rack and repeat.

At the end of every second round you can take a 20-to-25 second breather, if you need it.

Do 10 full rounds

The Gut Check

1. Active warm up
-5x40 yards (jog down, walk back
-5x40 yards (75% run, jog back)
**5 mins stretching

2) Sprint medley
-Set cones 30 yards apart
-Sprint down, touch line, sprint back (Max effort, not a fucking jog)
-That is one rep. 20 seconds rest. 5 reps total.
-Now do the exact same thing with the cones 40 yards apart (5 reps, 25 seconds rest)

3) Lunge/Sprint
-With the cones still 50 yards apart, lunge walk 25 yards, then sprint to cone, turn and sprint back.
-This is one rep, 30 seconds rest, 10 reps total

4) Finisher
-Cones 50 yards apart.
-Sprint all out to cone, immediate turn and sprint back to start, immediate turn, sprint back down, immediate turn and sprint back to start.
-So it's 200 yards total. Down, back, down, back. This is one complete rep!
-2 mins rest. 4 total reps

*100% Max effort/Max speed on every sprint, don't sellout and leave anything left in the gas tank. Don't let the bullshit feeling of pain, burning lungs or shortness of breath make you quit. You should end up puking during or after this workout, if not then odds are you're not pushing hard enough

The Sprinter

1) 16x110 yard (100 meter) sprints.
Try to complete each sprint within 15 seconds or less

2) Take 35 seconds rest between each sprint
3) This HIIT workout shouldn't  take more than 20min to complete

Rowing machine
- 3 minutes @ 50 percent row for warm-up

- 1 minute maximum intensity, one minute moderate

- 2 minute max, 2 minute moderate

- 1 minute max, 90 seconds moderate

- 90 seconds max, 1 minute moderate

Repeat for a total of 2 sets, entire workout takes less than 30min.

The Smoker

-30 sets of bleachers (stairs) for warm-up (run up, run down).

-15 push-ups, sprint 40 yards (10 sets, no rest).

-30 mountain climbers, sprint 20 yards, touch the line, sprint back (8 reps, no rest).

-50 standing squats, lunge 25 yards, jog 50 yards (8 sets, the jog is your rest).

-20 leg lifts with hip thrust, sprint 50 yards, slow jog back (8 reps, the slow jog is the rest).

-90-second plank, sprint 100 yards (the plank is your rest, 6 reps)

Deadmill & Incline Deadmill Sprints:

#36 phil datpus

phil datpus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

i am doing almost 3 fantasy football leagues and am prepping to add in some March Madness bracketts for good measure. Even with that load, I still discipline myself to read every post on Doodie.

Had to drop dryfire for a few weeks with end of my football leagues nearing, but I am going to hit that shit hard after spring training and baseball drafts.

#37 Part Of Me

Part Of Me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:35 PM

I have been doing the 5X5 for over a year. It is a good system to start lifting.  I feel it does help my shooting a lot. Recently I started replacing one 5x5 workout a week with some HIIT/cardio/explosive speed training.

I also don't work  out on Fridays at my max weights if I have a Saturday match to shoot.

#38 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:31 PM

What is a dry fire equivalent for weight lifting? Dry fire helped my shooting a bit, I wonder if same thing exists for lifting.
Bonafide asshole

#39 Moustache6

Moustache6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationCONUS/OCONUS

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:36 PM

What is a dry fire equivalent for weight lifting? Dry fire helped my shooting a bit, I wonder if same thing exists for lifting.

Easy, that would be "dynamic visualized resistance" aka "Visualized Resistance Training" aka "Dynamic Self Resistance"... it's a variation of "ISO" (Isometric) resistance training that doesn't require the use of anything other than your mind & body to get your muscles taxed from a workout.

For those who're recovering from a serious injury and cannot perform weight training, or body-weight training, incorporating a 100% unassisted mental DVR/VRT training routine is about the only way to prevent major loss in muscular strength & endurance.  You'll also get the added benefit of bouncing back from your injuries sooner while maintaining a good chunk of your size, strength, and endurance... hell in some extreme cases people make fitness gains doing just this stuff for resistance training.

The simplest way to describe it is that you'll use "virtual" resistance, which is essentially tensing/flexing your muscles to maximum contraction while you lift/move imaginary weights. 

Once you get used to it and start building up more proprioception and kinesthetic awareness the effectiveness of the workouts will increase, and if uninjured you can combine this method of training while lifting weights and/or doing body-weight training so that you can achieve better results via maximal muscle contractions.  Arnold Schwarzenegger was a big believer in it, and incorporated the stuff into nearly every training session during his professional bodybuilding career.

#40 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:05 PM

Easy, that would be "dynamic visualized resistance" aka "Visualized Resistance Training" aka "Dynamic Self Resistance"... it's a variation of "ISO" (Isometric) resistance training that doesn't require the use of anything other than your mind & body to get your muscles taxed from a workout.

For those who're recovering from a serious injury and cannot perform weight training, or body-weight training, incorporating a 100% unassisted mental DVR/VRT training routine is about the only way to prevent major loss in muscular strength & endurance.  You'll also get the added benefit of bouncing back from your injuries sooner while maintaining a good chunk of your size, strength, and endurance... hell in some extreme cases people make fitness gains doing just this stuff for resistance training.

The simplest way to describe it is that you'll use "virtual" resistance, which is essentially tensing/flexing your muscles to maximum contraction while you lift/move imaginary weights. 

Once you get used to it and start building up more proprioception and kinesthetic awareness the effectiveness of the workouts will increase, and if uninjured you can combine this method of training while lifting weights and/or doing body-weight training so that you can achieve better results via maximal muscle contractions.  Arnold Schwarzenegger was a big believer in it, and incorporated the stuff into nearly every training session during his professional bodybuilding career.

good troll.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users