Photo

Are you good enough to be a Frontsight Handgun Combat Master?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Kingstree

Kingstree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

If you were the guy that took back a hijacked plane, rescued all on board and took out a hijacker who was shooting at you with a full auto AK then I guess you could call yourself whatever you wanted.

If you were the guy who led a raid to take back a hijacked cruise ship and saved everyone on board then you could also use whatever special titles you choose.

Sometimes the irrevrant fucktardery of the dipshits on this board gets a little hard to take.

Got a link?

#22 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:25 PM

it helps to know something about him first.

My interest in the tacticool world and its heroes is about fucking zero

• Motosapiens likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#23 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:29 PM

Well, evidently he was a Rhodesian Army badass too.

Back when they used mud and blood as camo no less...

#24 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

A lot of what he did is still classified, which on this board will be taken to mean I am full of shit. So be it.

He worked with the Israeli special forces to retake a hijacked plane. He led a team to take back a hijacked cruise ship. He was awarded a bronze star for combat. He trained soldiers all over the world.

Later he opened a shooting school. One of his attempts to broaden his market was to come up with a 5 gun master test.

The people who cared back in the day knew who he was, nowadays with every dipshit in the world "training" people the sceptisim is rampant. I just think that the douchbaggery gets out of hand sometimes. He deserves respect for what he has done.

The chiropractor is a conman at best. Front Site is a joke, my buddy and I went there and outshot all of them back in the day and I never made it out of A class.
Dude, I thought you would be better...... MFCEO

#25 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

Well I don't care that you don't care, my interest is piqued. We can make fun of Chuck Taylor if he deserves it.
Or maybe just because, but it helps to know something about him first.

He's old school. Not much on the Internet. He was a lead writer for Soldier of Fortune back when only real Soldiers knew what it was. Find old back issues, he's in all of them.

#26 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:36 PM

He's old school. Not much on the Internet. He was a lead writer for Soldier of Fortune back when only real Soldiers knew what it was. Find old back issues, he's in all of them.

Well that seals it. Definitely no one made shit up before there was a quick and relatively easy way to verify bullshit claims.

#27 phil datpus

phil datpus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

A lot of what he did is still classified, which on this board will be taken to mean I am full of shit. So be it.
He worked with the Israeli special forces to retake a hijacked plane. He led a team to take back a hijacked cruise ship. He was awarded a bronze star for combat. He trained soldiers all over the world.
Later he opened a shooting school. One of his attempts to broaden his market was to come up with a 5 gun master test.
The people who cared back in the day knew who he was, nowadays with every dipshit in the world "training" people the sceptisim is rampant. I just think that the douchbaggery gets out of hand sometimes. He deserves respect for what he has done.
The chiropractor is a conman at best. Front Site is a joke, my buddy and I went there and outshot all of them back in the day and I never made it out of A class.

No, this is Chuck Taylor we are talking about. You are thinking Chuck Norris who is an undeniable Combat Master. He took back the hijacked plane in Delta Force 1, I think. Of course, who can forget when he broke in to North Vietnam in MIA ( and again in MIA 2 & 3). I think Chuck Norris is the only person to have kicked ass in both the Pentagon and also an octagon. Dual wielding Mac 10's is also a Chuck Norris specialty (come to think of it, this other Chuck should include dual wielding m10's in his combat master badge club).
  • slemmo and Buck Turgidson like this

#28 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:17 PM

I don´t know what would make Chuck Taylor the real deal, nor do I care....

Do you understand that I don´t care who he is?

My interest in the tacticool world and its heroes is about fucking zero

Interesting.

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate how much you care about making sure we all know how little you care about Chuck Taylor?
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#29 mustakrakish

mustakrakish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:40 PM

I took it to mean that you could tell us, but then you'd have to kill us.  Still, you mentioned some specific incidences, so those are presumably not classified.  Can you tell us about those, or was this just a security violation?

• phil datpus likes this

#30 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:04 AM

I took it to mean that you could tell us, but then you'd have to kill us. Still, you mentioned some specific incidences, so those are presumably not classified. Can you tell us about those, or was this just a security violation?

That's it exactly. I could tell you but....

What I've decided to do instead is get really spun up, rage quit and then come back as a new user.
  • Mr_White likes this

#31 mustakrakish

mustakrakish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:47 AM

No link, then?  Bummer.

#32 Kingstree

Kingstree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:51 AM

Was this the hijacked plane rescue?

http://www.telegraph...a-disaster.html

#33 Conspiracy Brother

Conspiracy Brother

Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationBanned for something?

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:50 AM

Oh man, the way he used to spin that Winchester around, I love it. 

• Yard Sale, GuanoLoco, phil datpus and 1 other like this

#34 mx5

mx5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the least populated state.

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

Sometimes the irrevrant fucktardery of the dipshits on this board gets a little hard to take. 

Grow a bigger pair and some thicker skin. FWIW, I know Chuck Taylor is the real deal, but I really don't care because my interests don't span across the world of "operators".  BTW, I am so old school I had to Google Chuck Taylor to see what the hell that name had to do with shoes.

• Buck Turgidson likes this

"...wheeling out to my vehicle (in a wheel chair) with a walker across my lap."

#35 Kingstree

Kingstree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:33 AM

Oh man, the way he used to spin that Winchester around, I love it.

He did a good job hosting The Love Connection, too.
  • Mr_White and Conspiracy Brother like this

#36 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:30 PM

Was this the hijacked plane rescue?

http://www.telegraph...a-disaster.html

An article written by typical liberal press bedwetters.

Whatever mistakes they made, whatever assumptions they made to cover intelligence gaps, the IDF did what it had to do to come out victorious and show the world that jews are done being fucked over by anyone.

Who dares wins.

• Mr_White likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#37 Kingstree

Kingstree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

An article written by typical liberal press bedwetters.

Whatever mistakes they made, whatever assumptions they made to cover intelligence gaps, the IDF did what it had to do to come out victorious and show the world that jews are done being fucked over by anyone.

Who dares wins.

Oops.

I was trying to get Unclassified spun up enough to blow snot bubbles.

• Buck Turgidson likes this

#38 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

http://www.thehighro...p/t-660549.html

#39 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:58 PM

From there:

Chuck Taylor first gained notoriety as a very successful sniper in Vietnam, then was able to parley that into a number of varied money making opportunities, mostly with Bob Brown the publisher of the old Soldier of Fortune magazine crowd. If I remember correctly Mr. Taylor was also involved with Mr. Jeff Cooper at Cooper’s Gun site ranch, and worked in L/E along the line.
Chuck was the head instructor of Gunsite at one time and was the heir apparent when Cooper called him "The Best Tactical Gunfighter Alive"...shortly before the USPSA shooters demonstrated that the Weaver grip/stance wasn't optimal for placing fast and accurate fire on a target

Taylor left shortly after to start the ASAA, who's most famous, and successful, student is Dr. Ignatius Piazza...who started Front Sight

I wonder what to make of that.....

#40 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:25 AM

Oops.

I was trying to get Unclassified spun up enough to blow snot bubbles.

How's that working out for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users