233 replies to this topic

#41 Larry Costa

Larry Costa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:52 PM

I think we can get close with 7 more divisions.

Somebody somewhere tell me why it matters if me...a guy who is there for the competition, and competing, trying to be my best; why it make a difference if we have PCC, CO, Vintage Military, .22 Rim fire, etc, etc, etc.. .

Because of who I am dawg = EABOD

#42 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:14 PM

I am not at that level yet, but I think the idea is that you want to put your abilities against the best of everyone else. If there are too many divisions then you don't get to do that.

#43 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:19 PM

Somebody somewhere tell me why it matters if me...a guy who is there for the competition, and competing, trying to be my best; why it make a difference if we have PCC, CO, Vintage Military, .22 Rim fire, etc, etc, etc.. .

It doesn't matter to me.  All I'm saying is we can make everyone happy with more divisions.

• ToddKS likes this

#44 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:52 PM

Rim fire iron sights and rim fire optics, I'd go for that....as soon as I could find the next S&W hotness to shoot in that division.

#45 mosher

mosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:56 PM

I'm getting bashed by the anti PCC crowd on the USPSA forum. Can't run for re-election, can't go in the carbine business, I'm likely going to wind up on skid row.

oh Jesus Christ, quit being a pussy about it. I asked valid questions.

Don't act like some poor victim of internet bullies like the last guy, and start acting like the guy we voted for.

It's a tough gig, it ain't all sunshine and rainbows or flowers and football tickets.

#46 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:45 AM

There's a better way of running right to left with a rifle

https://youtu.be/reuZJ08B82U?t=20

(wouldn't embed start at 0:20 url)

#47 M1911A1

M1911A1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:40 AM

Someone at benos is actually bitching that a rifle shooter might win match overall.  He shoots open.  hahahahahaha

Wouldn't surprise me if that was the main basis of complaints.. Or it's the people whom only look at overall scores, like myself, are likely to get bumped down a couple spots when/if this gets going.

Course people like to bitch no matter what, seems even more so when you're hiding behind a screen name....

#48 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:15 AM

Don't act like some poor victim of internet bullies like the last guy, and start acting like the guy we voted for.

It's a tough gig, it ain't all sunshine and rainbows or flowers and football tickets.

So ask them again here.  Some of us no longer waste our time in that other cesspool.

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#49 bailey

bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:50 AM

Not exactly. While I agree that you can't make everybody happy all the time, I think the internet trash is a real challenge to having a good organization. A lot of it is plain bull$hit. The rest comes from people who are not happy with anything and just want to drag us all down that rat's nest.

There is a way to have your concerns known without public trash talking which won't work anyway. A polite and private communication will get your ideas some consideration.

I still think the internet is the most divisive invention mankind ever created. It takes bull$hit to a new level. Is there any chance that out organization (or any other one) can ever work properly again. This crap makes freedom of speech look like a really bad idea  

• slemmo likes this

#50 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:17 AM

Can't see the humor in that post? You wrote a shitty post, I wrote a sarcastic one. It really looks to me like you questioned my character, on a keyboard, that's cool. I'm not selling PCC, people want it.
  • jthhapkido, Roons, thegrandwazoo and 8 others like this

#51 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:21 AM

I am not at that level yet, but I think the idea is that you want to put your abilities against the best of everyone else. If there are too many divisions then you don't get to do that.

let's not forget it IS a hobby sport
  • Mistadobalina likes this

#52 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:47 AM

Not exactly. While I agree that you can't make everybody happy all the time, I think the internet trash is a real challenge to having a good organization. A lot of it is plain bull$hit. The rest comes from people who are not happy with anything and just want to drag us all down that rat's nest.

There is a way to have your concerns known without public trash talking which won't work anyway. A polite and private communication will get your ideas some consideration.

I still think the internet is the most divisive invention mankind ever created. It takes bull$hit to a new level. Is there any chance that out organization (or any other one) can ever work properly again. This crap makes freedom of speech look like a really bad idea

I couldn't disagree more.

The internet allows what was in the back of someone's mind or what was whispered behind people's backs to be publicly viewed by all.

We are only now learning how big of a douche people have been all this time. It is going to take an increasing thick skin to stomach it all, any fuckwit can say anything at any time. We are going to have to recognize that many people will not be happy regardless of what is done.

It also is going to take some perspective. There are 30,000 members of the USPSA and 17 of them are talking shit on a forum.

It is actually a good thing that people have the ability to say any damned thing on their mind. We caught that fucker +2ing people, that wouldn't have happened on that overmoderated enos forum. I'm sure he wished there was less freedom of speech.

What it is going to take in this less genteel environment is the ability to justify your thoughts so you get taken seriously, the good sense to recognize malcontents and the stones to say "Fuck that guy".
  • Buck Turgidson and bailey like this

#53 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:47 AM

I once heard that if you go to the US as a tourist, don't use sarcasm, they dont understand it.

• T "G" O and JimS like this

#54 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:05 AM

#55 mosher

mosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:52 AM

It really looks to me like you questioned my character, on a keyboard, that's cool.

Just stop already. Your trying way too hard to read too much into things. They were valid questions and you overreacted.

#56 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:11 AM

I'm not selling PCC, people want it.

Is there an accurate assessment of a demand for it? I don't care one way or another, simply curious. I talked to a lone dude who shoots carry optics in our club. He told me that CO enrollment in Area matches is at single digit rates. Not worried about yet another small niche division in PCC?

Bonafide asshole

#57 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

Here in area 6 land it's talked about quite a bit. I know several shooters at our club want it.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#58 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:22 AM

What I think would make a match more fun is if you could shoot some stages with a pistol and some with a carbine.  You could opt to shoot all pistol or all carbine but have designated stages you shot with one or the other if you chose to.

So I guess we need two more divisions. PCC and PCC/Glock.

#59 jnkranch

jnkranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

Just stop already. Your trying way too hard to read too much into things. They were valid questions and you overreacted.

Mosh you are a cunt. Your character was in full display on the BE post that you edited. Mike Foley is a class act and your posts just parlay you more into irrelevance.
  • aceinyerface, thegrandwazoo, Buck Turgidson and 2 others like this

#60 bailey

bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:39 AM

Here in area 6 land it's talked about quite a bit. I know several shooters at our club want it.

In my club also. I believe it will be very popular here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users