233 replies to this topic

#101 mosher

mosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:05 PM

I'm comfortable with dissent. I *ask* for dissenting views in my communications with the clubs/sections in Area-1, because I want to understand all the viewpoints. And, frankly, what happens here on Doodie is childs-play compared to the environment I deal with in the hallways at work.

Minor point. I wasn't dissenting. Completely agree with you on the last point. In that we find common ground.

The thing is, tone affects content. If you want people to hear your ideas, offer them and build support them. If you want people to react negatively to your ideas, take an adversarial tone and complain that they're being disrespectful / obtuse / over-sensitive / mean / unfair / whatever.

Kinda like you've been doing.

Your choice. You're the one crafting the tone.

Another minor point. I'm not pushing any ideas or arguing any position. I asked some questions.

And I disagree on the tone thing. The reader interprets the tone, and sees or hears what they want. I write a question, if you ignore it as written and choose to read "between the lines", read more into it, or make assumptions that aren't written, that's on you.

Am I too direct? Apparently so. I hear it all the time, oddly enough only from competitive shooters, so it can't be a coincidence. I come from a place where people appreciate directness and knowing where they stand without all the bullshit beating around the bush. I'm learning that doesn't work to well with these competitive shooter guys, especially the Internet ones.

Do people often misinterpret that as being confrontational? I guess. I have a completely different view of what is confrontational. I am learning in the shooting community feelings are mostly on sleeves and grudges run long. It's new tone. I don't take this stuff personal, hold any grudges, and I like most all you motherfuckers or I wouldn't be doing what I do.

Foley is pushing PCC. That's all I knew. I hear some stupid shit about why whispered by people who are scared to say it out loud. I despise rumor and innuendo like that, so rather than play gossip games or worry about how to craft this or that question and how it will be received, or sweat how people are going to interpret the tone and react, blah blah blah, I said fuck it I'll just ask the guy. I got more important shit to be worried about than his feelings and wording my questions to suit your preference.

Aside from getting his feelings stung by what he interpreted as accusations, I thought he gave a great answer and i can take that back and squash any bullshit I hear because I can say I asked the motherfucker and he told me.

As far as all his fanboys dog piling on me with all this other bullshit it most certainly will discourage others from asking any questions in the future, keep them in line and quell any appearance of dissent. But it ain't working on me.

#102 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:10 PM

Good thinking on the propeller hat but isn't howler monkey more appropriate?

You're right but the propeller hat was easier to photoshoop in there than a monkey. My skillz are limited.

• Alma likes this

#103 mosher

mosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

Yes, I did read your threatening posts on BE, in real time before you edited them.

You are lying. What threatening posts on BE are you alleging I made? Please be specific, and substantiate your claims.

#104 mosher

mosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:21 PM

And FYI Andrew any edits on BE forums should be kept in perpetuity in some form of audit logs viewable by mods or at the very least admins. Call me confrontational or whatever but you talking bullshit and I'm calling you out on it and putting you on the spot.

We could probably find one BE mod/admin trustworthy enough to check on your claim and escrow a wager.

Talk is cheap. Put your money where your mouth is. Substantiate your claims.

#105 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:42 PM

Minor point. I wasn't dissenting. Completely agree with you on the last point. In that we find common ground.

Another minor point. I'm not pushing any ideas or arguing any position. I asked some questions.

And I disagree on the tone thing. The reader interprets the tone, and sees or hears what they want. I write a question, if you ignore it as written and choose to read "between the lines", read more into it, or make assumptions that aren't written, that's on you.

Am I too direct? Apparently so. I hear it all the time, oddly enough only from competitive shooters, so it can't be a coincidence. I come from a place where people appreciate directness and knowing where they stand without all the bullshit beating around the bush. I'm learning that doesn't work to well with these competitive shooter guys, especially the Internet ones.

Do people often misinterpret that as being confrontational? I guess. I have a completely different view of what is confrontational. I am learning in the shooting community feelings are mostly on sleeves and grudges run long. It's new tone. I don't take this stuff personal, hold any grudges, and I like most all you motherfuckers or I wouldn't be doing what I do.

Foley is pushing PCC. That's all I knew. I hear some stupid shit about why whispered by people who are scared to say it out loud. I despise rumor and innuendo like that, so rather than play gossip games or worry about how to craft this or that question and how it will be received, or sweat how people are going to interpret the tone and react, blah blah blah, I said fuck it I'll just ask the guy. I got more important shit to be worried about than his feelings and wording my questions to suit your preference.

Aside from getting his feelings stung by what he interpreted as accusations, I thought he gave a great answer and i can take that back and squash any bullshit I hear because I can say I asked the motherfucker and he told me.

As far as all his fanboys dog piling on me with all this other bullshit it most certainly will discourage others from asking any questions in the future, keep them in line and quell any appearance of dissent. But it ain't working on me.

Your mad skillz in communicating effectively on forums, addressing problems in a non-confrontational manner and resolving conflicts gracefully have been well established.

Looking at your your track record, I would suggest that it may be time to re-assess your style.

When someone gets dog piled around here it is generally because they did something to deserve it and Doodies are all too happy to oblige.  If you write this off to fanboy-ism you are doing yourself a disservice.

Ask all the questions you like. 

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#106 mosher

mosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

Looking at your your track record, I would suggest that it may be time to re-assess your style.

When someone gets dog piled around here it is generally because they did something to deserve it and Doodies are all too happy to oblige.

Maybe I do deserve it. I don't really care. I don't have ceramic feelings. If a couple anonymous randoms on the Internet being mad at me is the worst thing that happens today, I'm doing pretty darn good.

#107 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:14 PM

Maybe I do deserve it. I don't really care. I don't have ceramic feelings. If a couple anonymous randoms on the Internet being mad at me is the worst thing that happens today, I'm doing pretty darn good.

You know what they say. If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day...

#108 thegrandwazoo

thegrandwazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:24 PM

5c4fb38d9fa1d87ad032a0a3c81ce6d5_zps6bc1

• Suck It Trebek likes this

#109 mosher

mosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:26 PM

You know what they say. If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day...

I'll take an honest asshole over someone who blows smoke up your ass and runs his mouth behind your back.

#110 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:24 PM

There a lot of dudes out there that say a lot of shit, don't get the reaction they want and write it off as 'I was just being honest'.

Clearly the problem is with someone else.

In Doodie, Veritas.
  • bgary and Trigger Warning like this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#111 jnkranch

jnkranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:10 PM

And FYI Andrew any edits on BE forums should be kept in perpetuity in some form of audit logs viewable by mods or at the very least admins. Call me confrontational or whatever but you talking bullshit and I'm calling you out on it and putting you on the spot.
We could probably find one BE mod/admin trustworthy enough to check on your claim and escrow a wager.
Talk is cheap. Put your money where your mouth is. Substantiate your claims.

"Putting me on the spot".... Says the one who edited his posts. It's your name that is shit right now, substantiate your own claim, you were, after all, the one who erased the evidence. Or are you going to lie about that too?

#112 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:25 PM

I'll take an honest asshole over someone who blows smoke up your ass and runs his mouth behind your back.

Perhaps the subtlety of this turn of phrase was lost on you. When you go and post a wall of shit, and one guy's an asshole, well that one guy might just be an asshole. But when it seems like everyone responding to it is an asshole, it might just be because the person posting the wall of shit is the asshole in the first place.

Like fucking pearls before swine.

#113 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:27 PM

#114 MilkMyDuds

MilkMyDuds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:06 PM

If net membership growth is what Mr. Foley is aiming for, has he done any analysis on potential cannibalization on other divisions?  It's unlikely PCC attracts many new members but it can and will attract many shooters from other divisions.  I am for PCC for its fun factor, but I do not buy in the idea that PCC can result in more than 1% net membership growth.  Then the question is whether or not the <1% membership growth (and the fun factor) is worth all the hassles.

If Mike said "let's have PCC for the fun" I am all for it.  Just make it so.

#115 mosher

mosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:45 PM

There a lot of dudes out there that say a lot of shit, don't get the reaction they want and write it off as 'I made a humorous sarcastic post"

FIFY

#116 mosher

mosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

"Putting me on the spot".... Says the one who edited his posts. It's your name that is shit right now, substantiate your own claim, you were, after all, the one who erased the evidence. Or are you going to lie about that too?

What post did I edit? You say you distinctly remember, but can offer no proof or substantiation.

Who are you claiming that I threatened? You make big false claims, and you have offered zero evidence. It never happened, you talked out of your ass got called out on it and are trying to deflect away from your lying.

Sure, I'm not a popular guy. I rub some people the wrong way. You seem to think that makes it okay for you to swoop in and make patently false accusations with no proof.

People aren't defending me because they don't like me.
People aren't supporting you because they don't believe you.

Like I said, I'd rather be an honest asshole all day long instead of some chump making false accusations and getting squirmish when called on it.

You made the claim that I threatened fellow shooters on BE. That's a pretty serious accusation, and it's completely false.

That thread was viewed over 10k times, at times by 30+ people in real time. I've seen regurgitated screenshots galore, and anyone who subscribed to the thread and chose to receive email updates has all my posts that were made before being edited. A lot of people that don't like me that followed the thread know your lying.

All that exists, and you know why I can confidently state that none of it contains any threats from me? Because it didn't happen.

You know why you can't offer a single shred of evidence to support your claim? Because your lying. You made it up and you got busted.

You didn't realize people who followed threads received email updates that contained the posts prior to editing. You slipped up, and assumed you could make up whatever ridiculous lie you wanted and claim that I said things that never happened and point to "aha look at you edited posts!" As proof.

You got busted, guy. You got caught lying. You thought it would be okay, to fudge the truth, because people don't like me, you thought it was ok and you thought you would get away with.

Mr. Andrew Medina, A74400, false accuser, proven liar, talked bullshit, got called on it.

#117 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:03 AM

If net membership growth is what Mr. Foley is aiming for, has he done any analysis on potential cannibalization on other divisions?  It's unlikely PCC attracts many new members but it can and will attract many shooters from other divisions.  I am for PCC for its fun factor, but I do not buy in the idea that PCC can result in more than 1% net membership growth.  Then the question is whether or not the <1% membership growth (and the fun factor) is worth all the hassles.

If Mike said "let's have PCC for the fun" I am all for it.  Just make it so.

One cannot sell PCC under the premise of, "I want the division because it's what I want."  

It's easier to sell something under the guise of "This will grow membership."

We need the $700 in annual activity fees from people that are already shooting PCC.  Even at the cost of pissing off 40% of the current membership.

• BenB likes this

#118 mosher

mosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:14 AM

Perhaps the subtlety of this turn of phrase was lost on you. When you go and post a wall of shit, and one guy's an asshole, well that one guy might just be an asshole. But when it seems like everyone responding to it is an asshole, it might just be because the person posting the wall of shit is the asshole in the first place. Like fucking pearls before swine.

I don't think anybody here is an asshole.

Well, except for maybe me.

How's that work in the analogy?

I'm a simple guy. I play by simple rules. A question enters my mind, I ask it. I don't suffer from sensitive feelings, or worry about yours. Character flaw? Probably. I acknowledge that as much. I find it much more efficient to cut bushes down, than to beat around them hoping they fall. Change because a few random sore assess on the Internet want to dogpile and resort to making up random shit to teach me a lesson because "that's what doodies do"? Not happening.

#119 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:27 AM

There's more drama in this thread than a COPS country midget domestic disturbance marathon.
  • skittles likes this

#120 mosher

mosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:59 AM

There's more drama in this thread than a COPS country midget domestic disturbance marathon.

We just getting warmed up. I can dance all day, try and hit me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users