Photo

How do we apply for the Executive Director position?

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#21 CrappyShooter

CrappyShooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationYour wife's Boner Garage

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:48 PM

Isn't a company in India doing the work on the new website?  Pretty sure it won't be hosted in India, with all of our personal information on their servers.

#22 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

Burlington is great. Y'all need to come visit.
  • bgary likes this

#23 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:58 PM

Area 6 or Area 2 are the best locations for USPSA HQ being they have the most activity and year round shooting, not that good weather is required for HQ. The Beard is in Kentuck, so why not move it there ;)

#24 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

It surely didn't hurt his election run.

Totally different deal. Howler monkeys are great for making a lot of noise and bringing attention to themselves but you certainly don't want to staff the office with them. Nothing would get done and the poo flinging, while entertaining, would incur significant janitorial expense.
  • Miculek is a Noob likes this

#25 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:08 PM

Totally different deal. Howler monkeys are great for making a lot of noise and bringing attention to themselves but you certainly don't want to staff the office with them. Nothing would get done and the poo flinging, while entertaining, would incur significant janitorial expense.

I think you missed my point. If you'll recall, the bearded wonder was a contributing member of this dump and still managed to win the election. By your logic that would make him one of the "howler monkeys" that you claim are incapable of staffing an office. Care to rethink your logic or will you try to squirm out with some fucked up justification of your words?

#26 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:14 PM

Area 6 or Area 2 are the best locations for USPSA HQ being they have the most activity and year round shooting, not that good weather is required for HQ. The Beard is in Kentuck, so why not move it there ;)

because ticks.

• subQ likes this

#27 BHill

BHill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationSouth East Texas

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:16 PM

I think you missed my point. If you'll recall, the bearded wonder was a contributing member of this dump and still managed to win the election. By your logic that would make him one of the "howler monkeys" that you claim are incapable of staffing an office. Care to rethink your logic or will you try to squirm out with some fucked up justification of your words?

It could just be that the bearded wonder is the only mushroom this pile can produce. But maybe not.
  • Unibrain and GuanoLoco like this

#28 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:19 PM

because ticks.

You're right, I choose northern Alaska. Then it's equally middle of nowhere from everyone.

• edub224 likes this

#29 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:20 PM

You should recalibrate your humor (or if trolling, well played).
  • edub224 and Buck Turgidson like this

#30 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:40 PM

Was he a contributing member? I thought he was just pandering for votes.

#31 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:43 PM

I think you missed my point. ...Care to rethink your logic ...

You should recalibrate your humor

Weird how some people come on here and act like a-holes.

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#32 bailey

bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:48 PM

You're right, I choose northern Alaska. Then it's equally middle of nowhere from everyone.

Good idea. Then we could hire Sara Palin so you could see what fucked up is really like. 

#33 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

Good idea. Then we could hire Sara Palin so you could see what fucked up is really like. 

what do you have against Palin?

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#34 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:04 PM

My junk, hopefully, some day.
  • Brownie, Woodieproject, Mr_White and 2 others like this

#35 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:06 PM

The bugs in Alaska are way worse in the summer than they are down south. And we have no man-eating polar bears to contend with.
  • edub224 likes this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#36 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:17 PM

Please explain how building a website with a database (I refuse to glamorize it by referring to it as "The Tech Project") roots HQ to a physical location.

Part of the tech project is a change in the way scores and classifier data is input into the system.  Now a person is responsible for much of that data entry.  If it was all automated, like it was supposed to be in 2014, you do away with a requirement to have a person physically at the office to receive that data.  Switch the slot system to an electronic based slot instead a giant ass slot that has to be mailed out in a $3.00 envelope and you remove another reason to require physical presence.  Update the membership system so that more is automated and again you cut down on the reason to have a physical single location.  Much of current tasks that are done at the office now can be eliminated.  The remaining tasks can be done with a remote workforce managed by the President.  It's not possible at this time but it could be accomplished if they want to.  

• Roons and LeadChucker like this

#37 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

Part of the tech project is a change in the way scores and classifier data is input into the system.  Now a person is responsible for much of that data entry.  If it was all automated, like it was supposed to be in 2014, you do away with a requirement to have a person physically at the office to receive that data.  Switch the slot system to an electronic based slot instead a giant ass slot that has to be mailed out in a $3.00 envelope and you remove another reason to require physical presence.  Update the membership system so that more is automated and again you cut down on the reason to have a physical single location.  Much of current tasks that are done at the office now can be eliminated.  The remaining tasks can be done with a remote workforce managed by the President.  It's not possible at this time but it could be accomplished if they want to.  

So basically someone with a laptop and an account at the UPS Store could run all of this out of their car? Got it.

• BenB and Will like this

#38 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:28 PM

Weird how some people come on here and act like a-holes.

No shit.

#39 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:29 PM

Was he a contributing member? I thought he was just pandering for votes.

What's the difference? He typed shit and you read it because.....forum.

#40 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

You should recalibrate your humor (or if trolling, well played).

the-world-may-never-know.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users