Photo

How do we apply for the Executive Director position?

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#61 used up

used up

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:37 PM

We all know HQ belongs in Area 6.  I say move it to Frostproof and make it Disney for shooters.

First decent idea I have ever read here.

#62 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:13 PM

Here is my vote for "ED," because besides being my all time favorite, I bet Pres Foley looks a lot like this stripped down.

Revo tat disqualifies. 

Bonafide asshole

#63 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:38 AM

Can't believe you went there

Its the truth tho

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#64 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:53 AM

Frostproof? You have got to be joking. They need more than a double wide to move in to.
But if everything turns to shit they could all go have jobs as fruit pickers.
  • bailey likes this

#65 bgary

bgary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:36 AM

You can't even trust that these days, they may be on a dude.

I'm so tempted to click "like", but want to make it clear I'm just liking the comment.... not boobs on dudes.

Disclaimer: I post here as an individual member of USPSA, and speak only for myself...

#66 bgary

bgary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

Holly shit, it's 2016 and we have folks manually entering data?    Seriously, if it's taken this long for the tech project to fix this we have much bigger problems...

That's not entirely centered on HQ processes.   There are still a surprising number of USPSA clubs that don't have power or internet at the range; and there are still USPSA MDs who don't use email.  So, yeah, HQ still gets paper copies of match results in the mail... the actual "mail".

• Buck Turgidson and phil datpus like this

Disclaimer: I post here as an individual member of USPSA, and speak only for myself...

#67 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:48 AM

I'm so tempted to click "like", but want to make it clear I'm just liking the comment.... not boobs on dudes.

This is Doodie. We wouldn't judge you.

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#68 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:53 AM

That's not entirely centered on HQ processes.   There are still a surprising number of USPSA clubs that don't have power or internet at the range; and there are still USPSA MDs who don't use email.  So, yeah, HQ still gets paper copies of match results in the mail... the actual "mail".

That makes sense - but it is unfortunate. I'll make the captain obvious comment by stating getting the source data in a digital format is a solid step in the right direction because some of a digital solution is better than none. I'll also state a partnership with practiciscore is a no brainier.

I saw the pod cast where Phil stated there were risks in going this route, but many companies partner with other companies for data needs. Here's a use case you guys should investigate, a company called Yodlee; their solutions power the majority of digital financial services for virtually every US bank. If the banks have decided the risk is worth the gains, and there is much more risk in screwing up someone's money than a classifier score, I think we should reconsider our policy.

In the end how much cost and pain are we willing to accept for a management philosophy?

I'll step down from my soapbox where I only have part of the information and head back to the tits thread....

#69 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:12 AM

virtually every US bank. If the banks have decided the risk is worth the gains

US banks and their go-nogo on risk taking?  President Bernie Sanders will take care of them.

• Will likes this

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#70 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:35 AM

I think it's time to set a date for 100% conversion to digital match results submission. Just pick a date, make it a fair amount of time to allow compliance.

We need to help these people enter the 21st century.
  • Will likes this

#71 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:16 AM

Indeed. There's no internet or phone service at half the ranges I shoot matches at but they still somehow figure out how to use decades old technology to upload scores online.

#72 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

amishgun.jpg

• Will likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#73 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

Indeed. There's no internet or phone service at half the ranges I shoot matches at but they still somehow figure out how to use decades old technology to upload scores online.

Exactly

Scores can be uploaded from home or work

#74 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:26 PM

I think it's time to set a date for 100% conversion to digital match results submission. Just pick a date, make it a fair amount of time to allow compliance.

I think it's unfair to single out Area 6 all the time.

• Conspiracy Brother and RockOutGLOCKOut like this

#75 Fourtrax

Fourtrax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:01 PM

So, is there a process to hire the new ED? Did I miss it?

Are we suggesting names?
I am a pre PTCRBH Doodie member. For all you post PTCRBH members, EABOD and piss off.

Best post ever,

DR. Yellow Visor Guy said....

"Glocks work. They're like that somewhat thick chick. They're low maintenance, will always put out and generally perform better at it than you'd expect."

#76 used up

used up

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

Frostproof? You have got to be joking. They need more than a double wide to move in to.
But if everything turns to shit they could all go have jobs as fruit pickers.

FL fruit industry is all but dead. Ex fruit pickers will be a great source for cheap target pasters.

#77 spiffy

spiffy

Cookie SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

You know what's really sad........99% of the IDPA clubs upload scores online........even if they don't have the whole pay online thing down yet.

A77854

To everyone one I beat in a match or on a stage. I'm a lard ass half blind screw up who doesn't fire a shot outside of a match.......just how bad do you suck now knowing that.

#78 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:08 AM

^I think we only have a handful that don't out of 426. It's coming, but why force compliance in the middle of trying to make it easier with one button uploads from PS, without the need to convert, and other club features to entice the switch in our own website? This is all on our plate, and we are removing obstacles one by one.
  • Brownie, Fourtrax, LeadChucker and 2 others like this

#79 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

<<<< happy The Beard is a posting member of Doodie.

Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#80 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

So, is there a process to hire the new ED? Did I miss it?

Are we suggesting names?

Given his experience with non-profits Suber seems like a natural fit.

Alternately, I will consider taking the position under the following caveats;

- Base salary same as Kim's.
- incentive compensation is 50% of any reductions in staff and administrative costs I achieve and continues in perpetuity.
- If membership grows additional incentive compensation of 50% of pro rata cost savings.
- I maintain my current office (my back deck).

These terms are non-negotiable and are based on a minimum availability of $100K in incentive compensation based on a biased review of financials by me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users