Photo

How do we apply for the Executive Director position?

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#121 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:35 PM

1) This place is haunted by evil genies. It's what pases for moderation around here.

2) It's nice to have a Prez and at least one AD who can interact on Doodie without having a mental breakdown.
  • LeadChucker likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#122 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:59 PM

7 pages of this thread, a dozen Foley posts -- and the topic question remains unanswered. Very smooth, oh bearded one.

Hey, what's that over there? A squirrel!

• CrappyShooter likes this

#123 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:05 PM

We are changing the role formerly known as ED. More to come in the future on that.
  • Miculek is a Noob and LeadChucker like this

#124 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:28 AM

We are changing the role formerly known as ED to "Jakes New Job". More to come in the future on that.

• Miculek is a Noob, CrappyShooter and Mistadobalina like this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#125 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:11 AM

Vag, have you re-upped your membership yet?

#126 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

Vag, have you re-upped your membership yet?

There's really no point until my 2nd surgery is over and rehabbed.  Looking at another 6 months minimum.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#127 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:51 AM

There's really no point until my 2nd surgery is over and rehabbed.  Looking at another 6 months minimum.

That sux, being injured sux

#128 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:03 PM

We are changing the role formerly known as ED to "Jakes New Job". More to come in the future on that.

I promise you that isn't what will happen, and so will Jake. Jake already had a boat load of duties and I have added to them in such a way that our other needs will still require a new hire in a management role.

#129 eBAG

eBAG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:18 PM

Maybe you should consider formally retaining Doodie as the executive recruiter for filling the ED position?
  • Buck Turgidson likes this

#130 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:57 PM

^I think we only have a handful that don't out of 426. It's coming, but why force compliance in the middle of trying to make it easier with one button uploads from PS, without the need to convert, and other club features to entice the switch in our own website? This is all on our plate, and we are removing obstacles one by one.

Please make one button uploads from PS work on both iOS and Android ASAP. IOS is close, but Android is still kind of a pain. That's why the club I run only uploads scores to USPSA when we run a classifier. It's too much hassle for no benefit for a weekly match.

One button upload to USPSA will get our club (and I assume others like us) to upload scores to USPSA again.

#131 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:02 PM

Please make one button uploads from PS work on both iOS and Android ASAP. IOS is close, but Android is still kind of a pain. That's why the club I run only uploads scores to USPSA when we run a classifier. It's too much hassle for no benefit for a weekly match.

One button upload to USPSA will get our club (and I assume others like us) to upload scores to USPSA again.

Just tell that guy Euxx to get working on it. If it already works on iOS I'm sure he can just port it to android or something simple like that. No need to overcomplicate things.
  • Mistadobalina likes this

#132 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:45 PM

There is code for USPSA to full from PS web from what I understand but it was never implemented at HQ. I am certain Ken and the guys will come up with something that works. Something to consider is we will most likely still have to go to the HQ page after uploading to make payment.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#133 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:34 PM

But what if I want to pay with a check?

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#134 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:52 AM

There is code for USPSA to full from PS web from what I understand but it was never implemented at HQ. I am certain Ken and the guys will come up with something that works. Something to consider is we will most likely still have to go to the HQ page after uploading to make payment.

For right now, I'd settle for the Android version having the ability to create and export the match and activity files like iOS can. I still have to open up the laptop to upload but I don't have to sync anything to ezwin score.

#135 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

For right now, I'd settle for the Android version having the ability to create and export the match and activity files like iOS can. I still have to open up the laptop to upload but I don't have to sync anything to ezwin score.

Agreed. I would like to see one of two paths take place either (1) Android and iOS mirror all capabilities as closely as possible or (2) Android be stripped down to perform scoring only functions and iOS handle everything else.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#136 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:41 AM

I'm all for it. Just add in a $300 abacus operator convenience fee and everyone wins.

#137 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:59 AM

What are these "checks" you speak of and where might I buy one?

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#138 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:02 PM

Agreed. I would like to see one of two paths take place either (1) Android and iOS mirror all capabilities as closely as possible or (2) Android be stripped down to perform scoring only functions and iOS handle everything else.

Considering that most clubs I've seen use Android for the majority of devices and the availability of relatively inexpensive Android tablets, stripping the Android version down would be a bad idea.
I agree that both versions should have the same capabilities.

#139 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

I would consider the ability to generate the upload files for USPSA (both match and classifier files) to be core functionality that should not be left out of either version.

#140 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:50 PM

I didn't do that! I'm guessing one of the mods or mfceo himself thought that'd be funny, but I'm switching it back. Targets have heads and Coke did not sponsor the world shoot. That is all.

Fuckers
  • Ben likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users