29 replies to this topic

#21 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

I have friend that has broken 3 pp2s in the same time I have owned the one ced7000.

I bought a second ced that I keep in my range bag with my other inner belt.

Pocket Pro 2s suck balls.

Yep, I agree. They do suck.

#22 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:40 AM

Had a CED 7000 battery wear out after several years and had to trash it.  The antique CED 6000 that uses 9V batteries is still rocking along.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#23 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:34 AM

Been using the same CED7k since 2010. I charge it 2 or 3x a year.

I wish it was quicker to change par times though.

A PP made in the size of the 7k would be great.

#24 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:59 AM

ced7000

I like having a battery I can replace at the range.

External battery pack for $12. Low profile.  I don't know its on there when using.
  • ZachJ likes this

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#25 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:48 PM

I have friend that has broken 3 pp2s in the same time I have owned the one ced7000.
I bought a second ced that I keep in my range bag with my other inner belt.
Pocket Pro 2s suck balls.

Dropped a PP2 once and it went bonkers randomly changing settings and basically doing whatever the hell it wanted. I was able to tweak it to my satisfaction and then moved on.

On injured reserve.

#26 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:11 PM

The antique CED 6000 that uses 9V batteries is still rocking along.

Mine is still going strong, too, despite several drops to the ground. Must be the Nokia phone of timers.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#27 Jay870

Jay870

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:40 AM

I have a PP2 and CED7000. 

PP2 is better for match use IMO. The time display is bigger and easier to read, and once setup for RO use it is generally easier to use and harder to fuck up than the CED. Also, the easily replaceable common battery is a bonus for match use. Biggest problem I have had is the battery contacts... if the timer gets bumped just right the battery breaks contact with the terminals and the unit loses power. Generally not an issue when RO'ing, but when its on your belt for practice its not hard to induce. They should have used a snap connector instead of the shitty spring terminals. 

The CED7000 is better for practice and dry fire. I like that I can see the total time and first shot time on the same screen, and I like how the review works better. Its less obtrusive on the belt, and the piercing beep seems easier to hear for me than the buzz of the PP2. That being said, it is entirely too cluttered with buttons, has about 30 features I never use that only make harder to get to what I do use, and it is complete horse-shit that a belt clip is $15 "accessory". I've also had a weird power quirk with the CED...sometimes after charging the unit, it won't power on unless it is plugged in. Once it has been powered up then it works fine.

• GuanoLoco likes this

#28 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

My PP2 has a battery clip which broke and a slightly different buzzer than older ones. So, still kinda crappy.

#29 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

You PP2 fags need to get on the PP1 bandwagon.

• Blueeyedme likes this

#30 wurm

wurm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

Just bought a PP2 after having used a CED 7000 for the last few years. So far I'm liking the PP2. My old eyes appreciate the bigger numbers. I mostly picked the 2 over the 1 just so Ben could hate on me.
  • Twinkie and RMJack like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users