#21 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:34 AM

That is bullshit and you know it.  D through B class are paying most of the freight.

#22 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

We just need to rename the classes so they aren't so classist, rank-ordering, because fair.

Something like Marksman and Sharpshooter and so on because nobody knows what order those go in.

Oh, and give the Division winner something too, dammit.   Even if they're a sandbagging mofo, they still beat everybody else.

• RockOutGLOCKOut likes this

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#23 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

Class sandbaggership skills are predicted to rise.

New book: How to dominate your class while shooting credible but sub-par Classifiers.
  • BenB and ToddKS like this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#24 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

Until we get over the fact that shitty shooters are shitty, this sport is going nowhere. Have a pro and amateur league if everyone wants to win the "I suck but I showed up where's my reward" medals.

Never have I thought I was paying for prizes for the high end shooters to the point of demanding something out of it. They earned it, I did not. I paid to show up and test myself against great guys. It's called competition.

• Ben, slemmo, Mr_White and 3 others like this

#25 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:49 AM

Here is what makes sense to me.

1. Figure out what the match fee needs to be to run the match, charge a basic fee to cover that.

2. If people want to shoot for prize money they can buy in for their class or division.

3. Maybe have a buy in for prizes to be raffled.

4. If a sponsor donates a "major award" it can be awarded however the sponsor wants.

#26 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

Until we get over the fact that shitty shooters are shitty, this sport is going nowhere. Have a pro and amateur league if everyone wants to win the "I suck but I showed up where's my reward" medals.

Never have I thought I was paying for prizes for the high end shooters to the point of demanding something out of it. They earned it, I did not. I paid to show up and test myself against great guys. It's called competition.

I agree for a normal match fee.  I thought that the issue with the A-6 match was the very large entry fee.

#27 Strick

Strick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:53 AM

That is bullshit and you know it.  D through B class are paying most of the freight.

And the GM's are still paying to shoot so, yes if they are not recognized for beating every one else their entry is a subsidy to class winners.  

#28 Strick

Strick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:55 AM

I agree for a normal match fee.  I thought that the issue with the A-6 match was the very large entry fee.

No the issue is people like you who say they are to lazy to practice, demanding prizes and trophies simply because there are more of you.  

#29 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:59 AM

No the issue is people like you who say they are to lazy to practice, demanding prizes and trophies simply because there are more of you.  

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension.  I think the sport would probably be better off if there were no prizes at all.

#30 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:00 AM

This give everyone an award bitching has a lot of merit.

Division winners and the next 2 should get a prize/plaque

Class winners can take a fucking screen shot of the results and use their home brewed photo printer to make themselves a plaque.

Seniors, Ladies etc are fucking adults and should have outgrown unneeded gratification

As for Juniors, I believe in giving them a Plaque.
  • BenB and Motosapiens like this

#31 Strick

Strick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:03 AM

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension.  I think the sport would probably be better off if there were no prizes at all.

Yeah that way no special snowflake's feelings would be hurt. 

"You're all WINNERS!!!!"

#32 WhatDoesTheCatsupSay

WhatDoesTheCatsupSay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:17 AM

Have a pro and amateur league if everyone wants to win the "I suck but I showed up where's my reward" medals.

You can find those at your local club match or your child's little league awards ceremony.

#33 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:36 AM

I want my fucking plaque. I like gold stars. Always have.

Personally, I'm ok with prizes all being random, order of finish, classes, whatever. I'd like there to be category prizes out of selfishness and because it gives me a reason to choose one great match over another.
  • Mr_White likes this

#34 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:42 AM

One of the things I found when racing mtn bikes is that if I chose races based on prizes I had less fun than if I chose races based on challenging courses and competition and overall level of execution of the event. I think shooting is similar. Prizes are nice, but if I can leave the event 4 hours earlier, I can work 4 hrs more and earn enough to buy myself a very nice prize.

In general, I'm all for recognizing division winners, and even jr, super senior and chick categories. I think recognizing class 'winners' is totally retarded.

• Ben, Gecko 46 and slemmo like this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#35 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

This give everyone an award bitching has a lot of merit.

Division winners and the next 2 should get a prize/plaque

Class winners can take a fucking screen shot of the results and use their home brewed photo printer to make themselves a plaque.

Seniors, Ladies etc are fucking adults and should have outgrown unneeded gratification

As for Juniors, I believe in giving them a Plaque.

Ribbons, where are the ribbons?  Preferably with little gold/silver/bronze stars on them.  Perfect for Nth place Z-class.

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#36 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

A2 was more and there weren't cash payouts.

#37 WhatDoesTheCatsupSay

WhatDoesTheCatsupSay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:09 AM

How did Battle In the Bluegrass do it? Plaques for class winners to appease the masses but wasn't the prize table in order of overall finish?

#38 Not Will

Not Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

4. If a sponsor donates a "major award" it can be awarded however the sponsor wants.

Fuck yeah

Attached Files

#39 NickBlasta

NickBlasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

Match fees are up because of demand and clearly it's still what the market will bear, because your ass paid for it and the match was full. Not because they want to give sick prizes. If you don't like it, don't pay.

• BenB and GuanoLoco like this

#40 WJM

WJM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationS.L.U.T

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:32 AM

Dude, the fact that you need to tiptoe around the issue on this shows how fucked the culture in the sport is.

​They held a shooting event and did not recognize the division winners of the event. That is fucking retarded. The MD fucked this up... big time. Its ok, you can just say it.

The MD followed USPSA rules to a T. Which after reading appendix A2 in the rulebook, there is no stipulation stating how awards must be given. So who is to say that the MD fucked it up? You?

To the best of my knowledge division champs were recognized at Area 2, but were not given an award. I got kinda hazy at their ceremony though as the awards lasted about 5 hours.

So this is all about the guy who won and ended up with a First place M trophy, instead of Division Winner trophy?

Or is it secretly just a knock on the Team SIG GM who got beat by the M class division winner?

Haters.

I think most of the anger has been because of the division champ in Single Stack. Wins the division HOA, and GM. Doesn't get an award for either of them, or get recognized.

Wyatt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users