25 replies to this topic

#21 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:01 AM

And it's SD is all over the place at 20+ and it's rather filthy as hell*. For practice ammo only. Next.

* = through my gun, on a Tuesday, when partially overcast. But if you try to state you had different results I will argue as if I'm a genius and you're a moron. Because Internet.

Not filthy at all in my experience. Actually on the cleaner / cooler side of things vs Titegroup. Some cocksmoker on BENOS actually called me a liar for saying I had decent results with it.

I shot a 20 round test with it over my chrono and had an SD of 13 and an ES of 50. Anyway I don't shoot minor in USPSA so it's fine for practice or steel matches.

#22 Crash

Crash

Man Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationEmbrace the Man Hack

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

Ramshot works fine for me.  My SD is a little wide but I always make PF, but I dont run the ragged edge either. 

Anyone shooting Nobel with .40 major?  Which one did you go with?

#23 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

Not filthy at all in my experience. Actually on the cleaner / cooler side of things vs Titegroup.

...versus titegroup. Ahh. I see the disconnect here. Clean = N320 to me. Being slightly less worse than the filthiest powder on the market isn't noteworthy.

I'm glad your SDs are good and it worked for you. I feel more than a little bitter about RS Comp because so many guys talked it up on BEnos, so I took a risk and bought into 8 pounds of dirty shit my gun didn't like.

Now that I've switched guns I plan to try use up that RS Comp again eventually. At least for practice ammo.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#24 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

Meh, I find it marginally dirtier than N320, not a little cleaner than Titegroup.

#25 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

Anyone shooting Nobel with .40 major?  Which one did you go with?

we use prima v for 40 major too. 4.25 gr, coated 180, 1.14OAL, 170pf out of an Edge.

I finally loaded up some rounds with ba91/2 to chrono today, just because i have some. figger i otta test it out before i buy more prima v or sv. I'll report my impressions tonight or tomorrow.

• Stubb likes this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#26 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

reporting back as ordered:

4.75 grains of ba 9 1/2 averages 902 fps. 4.55 averaged 870-ish, so I think i'll try 4.9 or 5.0 (all with a 180gr coated bullet @1.14 out of a new Edge).

I have a kilo of the stuff, and that seems like an awful lot of powder to make major, but i figure i can at least use it for practice, and compare it against the prima load for accuracy, cleanliness and quickness to return to point of aim. might be surprised. Kinda has me thinking about ba10 tho. I've heard that is supposed to be a good 45 powder, but maybe it's closer to the burn rate of red dot, TG and prima v for 40.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users