Photo

What do you look for in a minor power factor load? (powder)

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:07 PM

My load for 135gr Bayou Bullets is 3.7gr ETR-7 @ COAL 1.110"- @ 134- PF.

I just worked up a 124 gr load (ACME 124gr NLG) with ETR-7 for a Stock 2 (4.5" polygonal barrel). COAL without adjusting seating die came out to 1.085"-. I started at 3.8gr and finally hit 134-135 PF at 4.1-4.2 gr of ETR-7.

With the 134's, Extreme Spread was wild at lower powder loads (3.8) but got better as I increased, ending stupid tight at 4.2gr. This powder likes to be burnt hot.

No opportunity to test yet, curious how the 124's at the same PF will measure (e.g. Bill Drill speed/accuracy) and 'feel' relative to 135's in a heavy-ass Stock 2. Also group size - IF I can shoot consistently enough to tell a difference.

UPDATE: I can't feel an appreciable difference between 124's and 135's.  The ACME NLG 124's are harder to get the MBF tooned properly for.  Even after a fair amount of fiddling I still get upside down bullets occasionally - and this kills any savings.  The 135's 'just worked' in the MBF regardless of how the 124's were or weren't working with various tweaks.  Sticking with the Bayou 135's.

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#42 StrongHandOnly

StrongHandOnly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:04 PM

1. N320
2. N320
3. N320

Now STFU and start loading. Jesus H Christ don't complain about the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#43 adoo

adoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:00 AM

VV powders is the cheapest you can get here.. :) 

#44 3gunDQ

3gunDQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

What is 125 PF??? IDFK???

#45 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:06 AM

You'd need to understand arithmetic (that's math, btw).  I understand you know how to count.  That's a start.  Keep at it.  You'll get there someday.  If not, you can always move to Norscandia.  

• GuanoLoco likes this

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#46 TRBDN

TRBDN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Location- (n) The key to getting rich in real estate.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

Is this a weak attempt at a troll?  Did you actually join Doodie without know what PF is?  And no timmy, it is not short for Pistol-Forum!

Games are won by players who focus on the playing field; not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard - Warren Buffett

I'm here to improve my match performance, not to impress you.

#47 TRBDN

TRBDN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Location- (n) The key to getting rich in real estate.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

Clean consistent burn, which "should" lead to less some and the gun recoiling consistently. 

I had good consistency out of Unique, but it wasn't really clean.  It wasn't horrible and it filled the case enough where 9mm double charges were impossible.  It is serviceable, but not great.

I am currently using CFE.  It burns clean and throws consistently in my SDB.  It is made of small grains though, so a double charge is possible without over-filling.  Accuracy and shot to shot consistency is similar to Unique, but with less smoke and a lot less carbon build-up.  The recoil push is sharper, but not enough for me to care.

I have some Ramshot Competition I will try after I use up the CFE.  I know the Ramshot will be dirtier, but it is still worth trying.

Current load:

125 gr RN SNS

4.7 gr CFE

1.090" COAL

Primers, Fed, Win or CCI.  Magnum or regular seem to have no appreciable effect.

Games are won by players who focus on the playing field; not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard - Warren Buffett

I'm here to improve my match performance, not to impress you.

#48 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:03 PM

I doubt you'll find the RS Comp to be dirtier. In fact you'll probably find its substantially cleaner than CFE pushing minor loads.

#49 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:09 PM

Add your boolit weighth in grains unto itself a number of times equivalent to the boolit's velocity in feets per second then round down one tenth of one percent of the result. If the result is less than 125 mystical PF's then proceed immediately to the nearest Steel Challenge or 3Gun match where they careth not for arcane pistol ballistical maths.
  • Stubb and ZackJones like this

In Doodie, Veritas.

#50 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:07 PM

Sheesh... let's agree to leave the creative writing essays to Trigger Warning, okay? That was tortuously painful and made me think even less of you than I did before.

#51 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:28 AM

I'll admit to not being in TW's league, but I refuse to give up the ground I have laboriously claimed.

I'm pretty sure TW is a perfessional, whereas I am mostly self-trained from work and writing on the interwebs. Engrish wasn't a strong suit for me in my college days but it got better. Sort of.

In Doodie, Veritas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users