#21 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:13 PM

It's a desireable pair of features called trigger creep and pre-travel. Only elite SIG operators get to play with these secret tools, though. Sorry. You're not cool enough.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#22 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

Bruce walked me through this drill last year.
It's a drill that I think he uses often at the beginning of basic pistol classes to teach the perspective students what a group even looks like and how accurate your pistol can shoot.
He says that for some students, it's essential the first time they have ever even shot what can be called a group on paper.
These concept is that if you have a five pound trigger that with an absolute perfect scenario trigger pull that you would use five pounds to pull the trigger and nothing more.
Bruce is a longstanding USPSA GM but has spent a fair amount of time and effort shooting Bianchi. In that game you have a bit more time to shoot but your shots need to be absolutely perfect. The way he shoots NRA AP is that he takes up the slack and then starts working at the wall where the trigger will break, trying to pull straight back and ideally put just pull on the trigger to make (let) the gun go off and nothing more. The bump drill is only a demonstration of what I clean shot break can do and a lesson on how to sneak up and prep for a break, but is not supposed to be used outside of that context.
USPSA is far too fast paced to prep every shot; however, some shooters may still effectively idea prepping and focus on light release for more difficult shots encounter. I took a Shannon Smith class earlier this year and he mentioned having three distinct types of trigger pulls with something similar for the most difficult shots.

• TSO and GuruOfGuns like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users