irritablebowel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLord Cumo's Kingdom of NY

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:01 AM

Just fishing for an opinion here.
Tim loves Sig... I love Tim.. I bought a p320 to prove that but he won't acknowledge me... But that's ok because it really seems to work for me. Anyhow, on to the question...

The interwebs say CCI primers are 'hard'.
My 9mm reloads w/ CCI primers yield from 2-5% of rounds that are light strikes in the p320 (except the primer has a hell of a dent in it) repeated rechambering and trigger pulling will not set the round off.

Those rounds (sometimes) go bang from other guns after the severe dimple beating the p320 throws at them...

My mind has a hard time believing a stock pistol of any sort would have an issue touching off a primer. (no fairy weight springs installed or super secret Team Sig parts either)

I pulled the striker - cleaned grime out - did not flood with oil... Still see this issue.

And - no - im not getting another gun to fix the issue...

#2 Canuck223

Canuck223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:15 AM

Fix the real problem, and start seating the primers on the bottom of the pocket.

Or alternatively, seat the damn primers deeper, shitcan the Sig, buy an X-Calibur, and I'll ignore you even better than TSO.

• Ben, Sad Sack, GuanoLoco and 2 others like this

#3 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:55 AM

I've seen a handful of failures to fire like you describe with a 320 and factory Blazer Brass (CCI) ammo.
I was surprised to see it too, factory ammo, decent hit on the primer, rounds fired out of another gun.

#4 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:03 AM

Call Sig and send it back. Their customer service is legendary.

#5 Canuck223

Canuck223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:01 AM

Call Sig and send it back. Their customer service is legendary.

The word you are looking for is biblical.

#6 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

What the fuck is an X-Caliber?  Is that a new division where you can shoot anything?

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#7 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

X-Calibur is a gun that, according to legend, if you can draw it from a stone holster in less than 1 second you are the true and Real Champ.

Ex-Caliber is what you have to shoot after your ex takes your money and your kids, except when they can see you at your apartment on alternate weekends, and is generally considered to be 9mm reloads made on a buddy's machine in his garage while he's inside spending time with his family intact family and ordering his next Infinity.

• Stubb, BenB, peterthefish and 1 other like this

On injured reserve.

#8 jayohee

jayohee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

The only option sounds like adjusting the primer seating to be a bit lower. It's doable with a 1050 but not sure what you have. Does anyone make an an extended striker for the P320?
  • Alma likes this

#9 Canuck223

Canuck223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:09 PM

X-Calibur is a gun that, according to legend, if you can draw it from a stone holster in less than 1 second you are the true and Real Champ.

Ex-Caliber is what you have to shoot after your ex takes your money and your kids, except when they can see you at your apartment on alternate weekends, and is generally considered to be 9mm reloads made on a buddy's machine in his garage while he's inside spending time with his family intact family banging your ex and ordering his next Infinity.

Something like that.  Shown below in the TiN finish as that's as close to gold as most are going to get.

3002870_orig.jpg

• Stubb and Trigger Warning like this

#10 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:28 PM

That's a Salient Arms X-Calibur, can we see a stock one?
  • Trigger Warning likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#11 Canuck223

Canuck223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

That's a Salient Arms X-Calibur, can we see a stock one?

Nope, that's all factory. Steel termites and all. 8988324_orig.jpg

#12 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

Something like that.  Shown below in the TiN finish as that's as close to gold as most are going to get.

3002870_orig.jpg

I need that.  Now.  Shit matches my gold teef, my Mr T starter kit, and the leather in my Eldorado.

• Canuck223 likes this

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#13 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

I haven't heard reports from anyone on the team having any issues with setting off primers. I think Angry Matt has even commented on the P320s general effectiveness with popping primers that won't work with other guns. 

I can ask if anyone has noticed any issues. I run Winchester primers and haven't had a single issue. 

#14 irritablebowel

irritablebowel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLord Cumo's Kingdom of NY

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:30 AM

After further review - I'm confident in the following:

1 - they are at the bottom of the pocket, fully seated, all the way in, done fucking right (because when I started reloading years ago I learned this one the hard way)...  it's a solid go to, just assuming I'm retarded...

2 - I'm not buying another gun... lots of mystical slide milling or not...  no...

3 - I clearly overstated the observation "they go bang in other guns" - here's the numbers after "testing" yesterday...  I have had about 25 rounds not go bang on initial trigger pull (out of about 400) and then subsequent pulls (after putting back in mag to test - I know my gun is striker fired, I'm not full retard)...  1 of them ignited in a non-Sig brand branded pistol (and it was also not a CZ or Tang, so it's still my fault, right?) - the rest have not gone bang anywhere...  OAL is fine...  primers are "in"...  logic dictates a batch of shitty primers...  does it matter that the box says CC"eye" ?

4 - a large portion of the response was as rewarding as I expected it to be from anyone living in Canada...  thanks, eh!

Basically - I think the box o primers is shite...  it's not a p320 issue unless it has infected many other guns... which I don't think can happen...  can it?

Thanks.

• Alma likes this

#15 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

Everybody knows that Federal go bang every time.  So why doesn't everybody use Federal?  Because some people are dumb.

• LeadChucker likes this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#16 Gecko 46

Gecko 46

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

I've had no issues with CCI primers in my 320.

#17 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:59 AM

Everybody knows that Federal go bang every time.  So why doesn't everybody use Federal?  Because some people are dumb.

Because availability and price.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#18 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:01 AM

I've been using all types of CCI primers for 40+ years.  I have had one failure and that was due to the primer being seated upside down.

#19 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:32 PM

Everybody knows that Federal go bang every time. So why doesn't everybody use Federal? Because some people are dumb.

Because every friend that has lit off a stack of primers in their press was loading Federals at the time.
  • Scott and not that bryan like this

#20 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:53 PM

Because every friend that has lit off a stack of primers in their press was loading Federals at the time.

I have while loading Federals. Now I don't like to use them unless I absolutely have to.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P320, CCI, reload, light strike, Primer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users