#21 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

After further review - I'm confident in the following:

1 - they are at the bottom of the pocket, fully seated, all the way in, done fucking right (because when I started reloading years ago I learned this one the hard way)...  it's a solid go to, just assuming I'm retarded...

2 - I'm not buying another gun... lots of mystical slide milling or not...  no...

3 - I clearly overstated the observation "they go bang in other guns" - here's the numbers after "testing" yesterday...  I have had about 25 rounds not go bang on initial trigger pull (out of about 400) and then subsequent pulls (after putting back in mag to test - I know my gun is striker fired, I'm not full retard)...  1 of them ignited in a non-Sig brand branded pistol (and it was also not a CZ or Tang, so it's still my fault, right?) - the rest have not gone bang anywhere...  OAL is fine...  primers are "in"...  logic dictates a batch of shitty primers...  does it matter that the box says CC"eye" ?

4 - a large portion of the response was as rewarding as I expected it to be from anyone living in Canada...  thanks, eh!

Basically - I think the box o primers is shite...  it's not a p320 issue unless it has infected many other guns... which I don't think can happen...  can it?

Thanks.

Post a pic of the primers on some of the rounds that failed to go bang.

#22 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

What about case lube? Do you use lots of it? That can cause failures to fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:31 PM

You should trade it for a Glock.

Or clean it, then relube with fireclean

#24 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

Federals come in a dumb box and make fireworks in your press.  CCI changed their cup hardness a couple years ago.  If a 1.25 lb trigger will set them off in 2011's , your gun is shit or your primers are shit.  

#25 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:32 PM

What about case lube? Do you use lots of it? That can cause failures to fire.

bullshit.  unless you are filling the case full

#26 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:13 PM

bullshit. unless you are filling the case full

I've seen it happen, but never to me. I think it's mostly if you don't let it dry for a few minutes, like spray a bunch of it and load right away.

#27 irritablebowel

irritablebowel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLord Cumo's Kingdom of NY

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:07 AM

@(Sh)ItJustGotReal - pic attached of 10 of them...  every one of these failed multiple pulls in the original gun and then failed at least one time in another gun...  some have been through several makes and models...  they won't "bang".

@Lloyd Christmas / @Scott ...  VERY INTERESTING...  so - that is actually one variable that HAS changed in the last 1000 rounds or so - and with somewhere north of 15K rounds of CCI over the last couple of years - this is the FIRST time that I have had en-mass, totally sure it's not something physical, primers not prime a round...  And - I DO think CCI is a solid primer manufacturer so it's much more likely a change on my end (and have I mentioned I'm not a retard and they are seated deeply).

I recently just started using a new lube... I don't think much about lube unless I'm on the tits thread on straight walled brass - just a few spritzesss on the batch of brass that's gonna go in the hopper for the next run, just to make the press run a little smoother...  (I do let it dry before loading them)  This bottle was a gift...  and now I think it was potentially a hate gift...  It also seems stickier than other lubes AND seems to dry slower.

So I activated my kungfu grip (all this lube talk) and then did some Google-Fu and discovered 2 things about this lube I'm I was using that is now in the trash can...

1- apparently it's now discontinued...

2- it's apparently hated - like deeply hated...  like, death threats so they stopped making it kind of hated... - https://www.midwayus...pump-spray-8-oz

For the "If it ain't Federal, it ain't real primered boolits" folks...  I'm in NY...  we just get whatever the rest of the nation doesn't want or releases into the water or whatever...  Federal primers around here are more rare than 22LR...  Winchesters are sometimes seen in small numbers, often crossing the border out...  CCI's seem to be the most prolific...  and, like everyone else - never had an issue before...  I shoot a gun with more than 2 coils in a hammer spring - so I don't need the elusive and moonfaced bubble headed boxed primer.

Attached Files

• BenB likes this

#28 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:10 AM

Load up 100 without any case lube and shoot them, I bet they all go bang.

• Alma likes this

#29 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:12 AM

FWIW, I use regular Hornady One-Shot and I've never had this issue, the guys that I'm referring to that have had this issue have used other stuff that they also said "took forever to dry" which I read as "might not actually be dry by the time you're done waiting and want to reload already". Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

A non hazardous version of any chemical product is suspect.
  • BenB, peterthefish and irritablebowel like this

#31 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

Lanolin and alcohol works real good.

#32 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:47 AM

Doesn't the alcohol burn your wiener?

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#33 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationShowing stuff to the kids

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:02 PM

Alcohol won't keep the STDs away.

~ My lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#34 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

No, but with enough of it you won't care.

#35 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:08 PM

Doesn't the alcohol burn your wiener?

You aren't supposed to light it.

#36 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationShowing stuff to the kids

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:18 PM

No, but with enough of it you won't care.

I only experience flatulence from lanolin.

~ My lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P320, CCI, reload, light strike, Primer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users