13 replies to this topic

#1 ny32182

ny32182

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

For those familiar with Bladetech and the Double Alpha belt, does the Teclock work with the thicker AA belt?  Is it strong enough to hold a holster well?  Is it the best Bladetek mount or is one of the other choices better?  Thanks.

• Nilyizkcmk, tonypxoceb, tonyutmyhc and 5 others like this

#2 Alex Gac

Alex Gac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

The Teklock will fit, yes. It has a thinner mounting width than the Stingray mount, though. The thicker Stingray mount provides more stability front to back and resists rotation better.

That said, both mounts are pretty sturdy on the Double Alpha. That belt is stiffer than a kid at prom during a slow song.

argumentum ad ignorantiam

#3 Parks

Parks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Location........ over here

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

The Teklock will fit, yes. It has a thinner mounting width than the Stingray mount, though. The thicker Stingray mount provides more stability front to back and resists rotation better.

+1 on the stingray for holster mount.  Teklocks will work for mag pouches.  I had to use pliers to get them closed. Once they are locked on - they are not moving.

Doodie 1.0 Original

#4 ny32182

ny32182

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Stingray for holster mount... check.

#5 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

-1 on Stingray; middle bar that sets the belt width falls out constantly.
Bonafide asshole

#6 Alex Gac

Alex Gac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

That piece was a pain to reset, but once it's in, I can't imagine how it would casually fall out. Is it broken? Missing a piece? Not seated fully?

#7 StrongHandOnly

StrongHandOnly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

Bladetech makes another holster mount that works better. http://shop.blade-te...-125-p-144.html

#8 ny32182

ny32182

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

I ordered the "adjustable SR loop"... I hope that if that turns out to suck, the mount is modular?

#9 Alex Gac

Alex Gac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

Yes, the rest of the holster and DOH arm can be detached independently.

#10 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

That piece was a pain to reset, but once it's in, I can't imagine how it would casually fall out. Is it broken? Missing a piece? Not seated fully?

Have hard time seating it and keeping it stable. It just springs out of position. I've not used this holster since I snapped it in last, maybe it settled. That said, zero problems with TekLock...

Bladetech makes another holster mount that works better. http://shop.blade-te...-125-p-144.html

1.25 inch wide?
Bonafide asshole

#11 TMReich

TMReich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

When ordering a holster, it is not currently an option to get a dropped off set mount with a SR 1.5 or 1.25.  Three weeks ago I ordered a holster with a D/OS TekLok.  Today I called and asked if I could get a D/OS w/ SR1.5".  The customer service rep, Vickie, checked and said it can be done.  She changed my order.  I

I informed Vickie that a D/OS SR 1.5" should be a standard option.  Their D/OS holsters seem to be the most common in Production and most competition belts are 1.5" wide.  She seemed to doubt what I was telling her, but said she would talk to the IT guys to make it an option.  More people need to let them know.

#12 Alex Gac

Alex Gac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Their website is bunk. I had the same conversation with a rep about 8 months ago. Blamed it on IT.

#13 StrongHandOnly

StrongHandOnly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

Have hard time seating it and keeping it stable. It just springs out of position. I've not used this holster since I snapped it in last, maybe it settled. That said, zero problems with TekLock...

1.25 inch wide?

My fault. 1.25 is too small. Here is the 1.5 link. http://shop.blade-te...-150-p-145.html

#14 StrongHandOnly

StrongHandOnly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

When ordering a holster, it is not currently an option to get a dropped off set mount with a SR 1.5 or 1.25.  Three weeks ago I ordered a holster with a D/OS TekLok.  Today I called and asked if I could get a D/OS w/ SR1.5".  The customer service rep, Vickie, checked and said it can be done.  She changed my order.  I

I informed Vickie that a D/OS SR 1.5" should be a standard option.  Their D/OS holsters seem to be the most common in Production and most competition belts are 1.5" wide.  She seemed to doubt what I was telling her, but said she would talk to the IT guys to make it an option.  More people need to let them know.

It is quite obvious that Bladetech does not study or care to learn more about this market share. I sent several emails pointing out stupid shit that they have done to make it HARDER for people to buy their products, like changing the name of their DOH holster. They don't offer a "DOH Holster" anymore. They actually do but they don't call it "DOH" or "Stingray" anymore. Fu-king idiots!

This attachment is WAY better than the adjustable stingray bullshit.

http://shop.blade-te...-150-p-145.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users