Photo

CheesyD's School for Kids Who Can't Shoot Good....

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 TennJeep1618

TennJeep1618

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

You need friends and a haircut.

I paste faster than I shoot.

#82 CheesyD

CheesyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:16 PM

So I shot the Double Tap match and wanted to climb the tallest power transmission tower and jump off the fucker.

Wound up 29th of 50 and 5th of 6 B class in production. Fucking awful. Didn't have my mind on the match, let outside distractions kill me. 4 bad stages of 11 blows it all to shit, 5 mikes, 1 no shoot and dropped a shit load of points.  82% of points and 70% Alphas. Not nearly good enough.

Upside is I got to shoot with Tim Meyers, Matt Hopkins, and Casey Reed. Damn cool to watch those guys work.

I was embarrassed, damn embarrassed to get beat by an average of 6 seconds per stage against those guys. Yeah, I know judging myself as a low B shooter against highly competitive GM's is going to do that.  However, I'm really motivated now. Learned some things from them that I'm going to work into my practice sessions.  Also got a text from the new range owner that I'm good to join up, just have to meet her sign some papers & pay my money.

Now to really get to work, next major is Area 4 in September. Too many things to list, going to break it down to two major categories - shooting points & doing everything sooner.

#83 CheesyD

CheesyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

Spent a few hours on the range Friday afternoon.

Dots - Motherfuckers. On one sheet- Shot 1 clean, 2 close to clean and the rest were pretty damn bad. I forgot how much these identified the flaws in your game.  The basics: trigger control, grip, and sight alignment are very easy to isolate in this drill.

Bill drills -

1. 2.15 w/ 1 charlie

2. 2.46 w/ 2 charlie (bad grip)

3. 2.17 alphas

4. 2.12 w/ 2 charlies

5. 2.69 w/ 1 charlie (bad grip)

Blake drills - worked on speed with an understanding the hits might suck.

1. 2.13 - 1.10 draw, avg .186 split, avg .235 transition

2. 2.17 - 1.09 draw, avg .183 split, avg .265 transition

3. 2.19 - 1.10 draw, avg .175 split, avg .275 transition

Bit of an ego boost. First time I've shot these in 6 months and the first time around was abysmal! So yeah, I feel good about that.

Shot a few other drills - shooting while moving and easy entry/exit.  Found out I go to a a sight focus on everything, including 5-7 yard open hoser targets. Something I want to improve is utilizing target focus more. I've got a really strong index and feel comfortable put two alphas 15 yard open targets with target focus at speed.

Going back this week to start working on a bit more basic techniques; distance change-up, accelerator, and position entry.  I feel those are three major places which I can pick up a tremendous quantity of points along with time. 

#84 CheesyD

CheesyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:07 AM

30 minutes of dryfire broke the new hotness in Tanfo grips from Patriot Defense.  Fucking 3d printed pieces of shit.

Going back to factory wood and plastic.

#85 CheesyD

CheesyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

Been live firing once a week with a training partner. Which was not going so great, he wants to get better but was haphazardly putting drills together and I was being too nice to say something. Well, I started showing up 2 hours later so I could practice properly and last Friday he didn't show up so win-win, and I broke out Skills and Drills. Doubles - got to a consistent sub-second draw (.96avg) and .18 split. Fastest I've ever gone, especially with consistent Alphas at 7 yards. Easy entry, hard exit, and hard entry all went well. Did have some challenges to reduce the movement time but did get my transitions tight. 7 yard zebra to a 7" steel at 12yd was at .6 seconds. Last week shot Front Sight with hit factors averaging 8.8 with my best at 12.4. I plan to work on this for the rest of the summer with plans to be (1) 2 seconds on each string, (2) clean at 2.5 seconds per string and hit a 13hf. The draw and transitions have been my week spots historically. Looking at results from the last match, I'm behind by approximately 10% in time of the local GM and 5% of the M (limited GM). Points still need to get better, shot 87% at the last match, but it was clean. Well the points at the last match were better than I originally thought, 87% shot and 76% alphas. Still need more a's more quickly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#86 CheesyD

CheesyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:18 AM

Back to dry during on the regular again. .6 Burkett both phases 2.2 4-aces Dry fire - Focusing on draw, transitions, and fast reloads. Live fire - Focus on transitions and shooting sooner. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users