#1 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:10 PM

I got a Glock 43, brought it hope, functioned it, and took it apart to polish the trigger parts, install a different front sight, and reverse the rear sight.

Now the trigger fires when pulled, but also, while holding the trigger back and after cycling the slide and then:

• when the slide is cycled other than gently
  • when pressure is eased up on the trigger slightly (e.g., to begin to reset)
  • when the gun is shaken

I am almost certain it's the sear engagement, the back of the cruciform with the protruding piece of the striker. (My orange plate for checking engagement on full size guns doesn't fit.) Nonetheless, I bent the connector every which way before giving up.

By polishing I mean lightly, nylon brush on a buffer wheel and Dremel. No stones, sandpaper, polishing compound, or even toothpaste.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#2 Not Will

Not Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

So do you like the new sight setup?

I'm kind of jealous of your terrifying Glock.  Seems like just the thing to confound your enemies.  

• Mr_White likes this

#3 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

You installed the trigger bar wrong.

#4 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

Which part is the trigger bar? I never removed anything from the frame except the block that comes out with the connector. It was a bitch getting the cruciform back under the J hook.

Team F.T.P.

#5 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

Uhhh...the trigger bar is the long bar connected to the trigger.  The rear of the trigger bar is the "cruciform" you describe, and it attaches to the trigger return spring, fits into the trigger mechanism housing with ejector, and rides on the lateral aspect of the connector.  It shouldn't be a "bitch" to get any of it back together.  If it is, you're doing something wrong.

What and where is the "J hook" you speak of?  Are you talking about the steel tab attached to the trigger spring?  If so, check the youtubes.  The new trigger springs on the 42 and 43 have a couple of idiosyncrasies that you need to be aware of.    

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#6 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:25 PM

The J hook is the new integral spring part that hooks over the front of the cruciform on the new 43 apparatus, different from the old school Glock trigger springs.

I futzed around with it some more and broke out my 26 to compare what's going on with the trigger bar, connector, and cruciform. I can also see the engagement through a gap in the back plate. There is crap for engagement. When trying to reset, it's like the striker tab is just sitting on top of the cruciform.

Team F.T.P.

#7 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:23 PM

I forsee a neutering or an assectomy in your near future, padawan.

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#8 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:33 AM

Did you buy this 43 at a DUI checkpoint?
  • poopgiggle and ToddKS like this
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#9 AEuropa

AEuropa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:38 AM

So you don't know what a trigger bar is, yet you thought it was within your skill set to polish the action in a pistol?
  • poopgiggle and Buck Turgidson like this

Alex

A69778

#10 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

Glock 18s are cool too.

#11 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • LocationIn the sauna, naked.

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

I dunno, ever thought of revo-div?

~ Does Your lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#12 Sickmonkey

Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationColumbia Zoo, SC

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:23 AM

"I bent the connector every which way before giving up."

The connector when inserted solid into the trigger block should be pointing out to the right when viewed from the rear of the gun.  Do not bend this part.   it operates as a spring.  Not only does it provide the down forced travel for the trigger bar, it is also the reset.  So it will move left to right when operating correctly.  That is what the little bird head thing does.

Flip the slide over and look at the relation of the bird head to the inside of the slide as the gun operates.  With the slide off.  manually cycle the trigger.  Then press the bird head from right to left and it should click. The trigger bar should then move up into reset. 

#13 SoundsLikeBadger

SoundsLikeBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:06 PM

Only light polishing, with a Dremel. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

#14 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:00 AM

The connector when inserted solid into the trigger block should be pointing out to the right when viewed from the rear of the gun.  Do not bend this part.   it operates as a spring.  Not only does it provide the down forced travel for the trigger bar, it is also the reset.  So it will move left to right when operating correctly.  That is what the little bird head thing does.

Flip the slide over and look at the relation of the bird head to the inside of the slide as the gun operates.  With the slide off.  manually cycle the trigger.  Then press the bird head from right to left and it should click. The trigger bar should then move up into reset. 

Now that is some solid, useful advice. What the hell are you doing on Doodie?

I read the 42/43 require slightly more angle of the connector away from the block, compared to the bigger Glocks.

Team F.T.P.

#15 Sickmonkey

Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:08 AM

The "tits" thread brings me, then I stick around to read about shot timers and super shooters doing questionable things at matches.  Kind of entertaining.

#16 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

I played with the reset and compared it to my 26. It's working fine. I'm convinced it is the interface of the striker and cruciform. Compared to my other Glocks the striker face is not square and sharp.

Team F.T.P.

#17 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

Uhgg, You have other Glocks? Why?
  • Buck Turgidson likes this

#18 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:11 PM

Because Perfection and #getpaid.

#19 Sickmonkey

Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:13 AM

I played with the reset and compared it to my 26. It's working fine. I'm convinced it is the interface of the striker and cruciform. Compared to my other Glocks the striker face is not square and sharp.

It's good that you notice this relation.  My money is on the trigger bar.  Seems when aggressive polishing is involved the TB is usually the culprit. Good Luck. 

#20 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:48 AM

Without seeing it it's hard to tell for sure. I will say in all of the 42 I've seen I have never seen a firing pin cause a failure. You would have to remove a lot of material from it to cause a problem and it's easier to mess up the trigger bar.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glock, Perfection, fire on release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users