25 replies to this topic

#21 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

Balancing shit on your front sight sounds like way, way more effort than it's worth. What the fuck will that show you that your sights won't? It's so dumb that someone must have made it up just to fuck with people.

I think it's for people that blink or look at the targets or otherwise ignore their sights.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#22 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:22 PM

I've tried it for giggles. 90% of the challenge is getting something up there and keeping it steady until you can grip the gun.

• slemmo likes this

#23 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:02 PM

I read this thread thinking people were using some sort of seashell or the like and balancing it on the front sight, then I realized casing..

I did the coin and casing thing, but it didn't really help me much, similar to taking a person's breathing rate while they know you're watching, they usually breathe differently. I knew the gun was empty, and wasn't jerking down like I obviously was in livefire.

Personally it took seeing the gun jerking down due to a snap cap loaded in with the live rounds to hammer it in as to how fucked up what I was doing was. Knowing the extent of how bad my trigger jerk was is all it took for me to eventually stop that habit except when I'm practicing at speed, where all that stuff is fine as long as you find out what it is (shot calling, what you recall the grip pressure on your gun was during the drill etc.) and know how to, and work to stop doing it.

I will say that Ben's advice works in the way that I had to dryfire with the gun a bunch to know what a good trigger press feels like, double, single, what's acceptable on a far target, on a near target etc.

Occasionally during practice, especially when I get the feeling I'm starting to lose focus or am on autopilot I'll run a drill, then ULSC, then try to run the drill again but without having loaded a mag(But kind of not remembering it, even though I decided to ULSC). It still surprises me how often subconscious me jerks the gun down hard. Gets me focused again because I just hate seeing that shit.

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#24 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:20 PM

​I will do sexual stuff for that kind of money

just hand stuff or oral?

is there a half hour rate?

#25 teenlaqueefah

teenlaqueefah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:41 PM

I've tried it for giggles. 90% of the challenge is getting something up there and keeping it steady until you can grip the gun.

What better drill than one where you spend 10x the time and effort preparing to do the thing than actually doing the thing.
  • peterthefish likes this

#26 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

So if I encounter a tango in the food court, I tell him to stop while I place the shell on the top of the gun?

Use command voice
  • Will and CheesyD like this
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users