184 replies to this topic

#61 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:34 PM

Sorry once again my ability to use the written word has failed to properly communicate what I was trying to get across. Rev6 Major vs Rev8 Minor are not, and will never be equitable with 8 round arrays. Hell even ICORE, which is supposed to be 6 round neutral stages has made a Limited 6 division.

Get the fuck over it and buy an 8 shot gun. Anyone who shoots revolver enough to care about 6 vs 8 round equity should already have a couple, if not now you have an excuse.

#62 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:09 AM

We could always split revolver in to two divisions. Haha
  • SlivGod, peterthefish and NickBlasta like this

#63 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:11 AM

For a division so rooted in tradition the 8 round thing seems really stupid to me. 6 or go home, that was good enough for Eastwood.

#64 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

For a division so rooted in tradition the 8 round thing seems really stupid to me. 6 or go home, that was good enough for Eastwood.

Rooted in tradition my ass. It's two extra bullets. I don't see the single stack guys shooting with traditional 7 round mags with flush base plates.

The tradition in revolver is a shitty trigger pull, limited capacity, and reloads that demand some practice to get to a point where you can't time them on a sundial.

#65 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

Get the fuck over it and buy an 8 shot gun. Anyone who shoots revolver enough to care about 6 vs 8 round equity should already have a couple, if not now you have an excuse.

You still need the 6 shooter for nationals so be sure to keep it around.

• jakemartens likes this

#66 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:58 AM

Yeah that and the PSA shootout (cuz you're allowed to count to 8 for that but I'm too dumb.

#67 Suck It Trebek

Suck It Trebek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:11 AM

Sorry once again my ability to use the written word has failed to properly communicate what I was trying to get across. Rev6 Major vs Rev8 Minor are not, and will never be equitable with 8 round arrays. Hell even ICORE, which is supposed to be 6 round neutral stages has made a Limited 6 division.

ICORE dropped the requirement for 6 round neutral last year.  To be fair, their logic is that 6-shot was only competing against other 6-shot so the standing reloads hit everyone.  Reducing the max shots from a single position from 8 to 6 is letting the tail wag the dog, and waters down our sport.  It really becomes a moot point since taking one step makes two shooting positions

#68 Moustache6

Moustache6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationCONUS/OCONUS

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:29 PM

We could always split revolver in to two divisions. Haha

9033765.jpg 

#69 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:26 PM

So I should have to buy another gun, moon clips, and brass to compete because some fucktards thought allowing 8shot minor was going to grow the division regardless of it being a level playing field. It was supposed to get all those ICORE shooters out to shoot USPSA, it didn't. Splitting nationals off so revolver had a stand alone match with single stack is what increased the numbers at the nationals.

ICORE dropped the requirement for 6 round neutral last year.  To be fair, their logic is that 6-shot was only competing against other 6-shot so the standing reloads hit everyone.  Reducing the max shots from a single position from 8 to 6 is letting the tail wag the dog, and waters down our sport.  It really becomes a moot point since taking one step makes two shooting positions

ICORE dropped the 6 round neutral the same time that limited 6 was put into place. The 8 shot guns were still dominate over the 6 shot guns in limited, that was part of the thought/logic behind making the division. That and there are a lot more 6 shot guns out there then 8 shot, trying to grow participation.

Simple fix make it 10 rounds from a single position. If the 2 rounds do not make a difference then single stack major shooters should not have any problem with the change right?

#70 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:34 PM

well you can shoot the 8 shot in ipsick nats (and other ipsc rules matches) but just need to remember to reload after every 6 shots... in fact ipsick is looking at going to 6 major/8 minor soon too.

#71 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:52 PM

How did my Pasa Park rant devolve into this?

The 8-shot thing ain't gonna change. The 80 year old single stack shooters would throw a shit storm, cuz 45 ACP. As much as the IPSC 9 shot per position rule would fix revolver, it would just move the problem to single stack division.

If you don't like the way stages are being built at your local club, show up to the match 2 hours earlier and help build one.

Good stage design "fixes" the problem for the low-cap divisions. Good design takes a little effort, so it's not the norm at the local matches. My problem is that it should be the norm at anything labeled "USPSA Nationals."

• BHill likes this

#72 BHill

BHill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationSouth East Texas

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:07 PM

If you really want to fix revolver we need to allow 8 shot major or get your ass out there and help with some competent stage design that challenges everybody.

#73 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:10 PM

How did my Pasa Park rant devolve into this?

The 8-shot thing ain't gonna change. The 80 year old single stack shooters would throw a shit storm, cuz 45 ACP. As much as the IPSC 9 shot per position rule would fix revolver, it would just move the problem to single stack division.

If you don't like the way stages are being built at your local club, show up to the match 2 hours earlier and help build one.

Good stage design "fixes" the problem for the low-cap divisions. Good design takes a little effort, so it's not the norm at the local matches. My problem is that it should be the norm at anything labeled "USPSA Nationals."

Devolve? This is doodie project right?

Or 8 shot revolvers could shoot, if they wanted to really shoot those 8 shot revolvers, where the rules specifically allowed them to shoot before, in Production. 

#74 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:50 PM

just wondering how Revolver Division became such a hot topic..

#75 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:55 PM

You must be new.

"Bring in all the _____ shooters" is just code for "We wants it and have no proof of any actual demand so we'll pretend there are a huge number of shooters out there that would do this if only we'd make this one tiny little change to the rules" 

See: PCC, Carry Optics, Single Stack, L-10, Limited-Minor, etc

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#76 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:09 PM

Wouldn't changing SS nationals to be more like every other USPSA match make 10rd minor the default choice?

#77 NickBlasta

NickBlasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:08 PM

Wouldn't changing SS nationals to be more like every other USPSA match make 10rd minor the default choice?

It's pretty even either way, I think. "I should've shot major/minor" is just a coping mechanism.

#78 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:30 AM

just wondering how Revolver Division became such a hot topic..

Because no real drama. Although I expect that as microstamping laws come into their own, the timmynati will come to appreciate the practicality of the revolver and adopt them en masse. Still won't matter in USPSA cause gaming get you kilt in the streets.

#79 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:27 AM

So I should have to buy another gun, moon clips, and brass to compete because some fucktards thought allowing 8shot minor was going to grow the division regardless of it being a level playing field. It was supposed to get all those ICORE shooters out to shoot USPSA, it didn't. Splitting nationals off so revolver had a stand alone match with single stack is what increased the numbers at the nationals.

ICORE dropped the 6 round neutral the same time that limited 6 was put into place. The 8 shot guns were still dominate over the 6 shot guns in limited, that was part of the thought/logic behind making the division. That and there are a lot more 6 shot guns out there then 8 shot, trying to grow participation.

Simple fix make it 10 rounds from a single position. If the 2 rounds do not make a difference then single stack major shooters should not have any problem with the change right?

No you should stop being a retard and quit shooting a revolver.  Nobody give a fuck about revo other than to want it gone.  It makes me physically ill to watch you dickheads take 96 seconds to shoot a field course.  

• leas327 likes this

#80 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:30 AM

We will now offer revolver sickness bags at all stages for those who can't watch men do manly things for less than one minute.

• Intel6, Pseudonym, Mistadobalina and 6 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users