47 replies to this topic

#21 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:30 AM

Sold out in a little over a day. Waitlist is open on Eventbrite!
  • Part Of Me, JohnnyLunda and DanielKr like this
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#22 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

That's great to hear.  I was interested in this class, maybe next time.

• Mr_White likes this

#23 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:49 AM

I currently plan to attend.  I guess I'd better start working on my Beast Mode skills.

Current plan is to use my Timmy rig but my Production gamer rig is calling to me hard.

• Mr_White likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#24 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

Fight like you game.

'Bullets out' is where it's at on the streets.
  • Mr_White likes this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#25 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:00 AM

I've only taken Ayoob's LFI and a local school's 201 level defensive course. Oh, and ninjatrained my way to IDPA Master...

...That's the grand sum of my faceshooting cred.

Honestly? ATL is only a six hour drive. If I hadn't just dropped $1k on primers/powder/evil black rifle ammo in case of a ClintonPocalypse, I'd have registered immediately. I like your attitude on the Podcast, and online. Wading through the bullshit is the hard part about choosing the right Operator to learn deathstalker skills from.

Do another one in the South, please, sometime next year.

(If you might consider a Memphis area one and need hooked up with a world-class facility, drop me a PM sometime)

I REALLY appreciate that! I may well reach out to you in the coming weeks/months. I'm going to be contacting folks I know in a few different areas to see if they want to host me. In the lasts two weeks I've gone from getting back from class in CO to setting up for GA in April and now in the coming weeks/months I'll see what else I can get going. Would absolutely love to come back to the South!

Looks like a great course! I didn't see mention of a "training cadre" AKA Gabe's Posse. Or are you going to be the lone instructor? Trying to handle 14 people of mixed or unknown skills sets/background single-handed would make me nervous, but perhaps you've some process that works. Just curious.

Totally hear you there George. It is just me teaching the class. That is a real concern and it definitely has to be managed. Pistol Shooting Solutions uses a variety of training formats and mixes it up quite a bit. There isn't much of the class where everyone is on the line all at the same time. There's a pretty varied mix of two relays, several people at a time, paired drills, and individual exercises. Disorganization is the enemy of safety, and a whole lot of great training can be accomplished safely if it's tightly regulated and that's how I try to do it. Class size is a central aspect of safety too, and the fourteen person maximum class size is dependent on not having unskilled/unsafe people. Irrespective of how class exercises are arranged, part of my responsibility is to first help, then ultimately dismiss people who aren't safe enough to be working from a holster or run around and shoot their gun. That's rare, but when it has to happen it's my job to do it soon enough to prevent catastrophe. The fourteen person maximum is a hard maximum too, including class host(s.) There will be no 'oh look, there were supposed to be fourteen in class but somehow thirty-five got booked, guess we can't do the individual exercises, hurr durr' situations here. I cannot abide the loss of safety OR value to the students.

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

#26 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:04 AM

That's great to hear. I was interested in this class, maybe next time.

With any luck I will continue to be out and about, so hopefully this will be far from the only chance.

I currently plan to attend. I guess I'd better start working on my Beast Mode skills.

Current plan is to use my Timmy rig but my Production gamer rig is calling to me hard.

You know what I'm all about personally, but I just can't find it in me to get humpty about someone else having different priorities than I do. If you want to use your Production rig, it is perfectly welcome.

#27 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:44 AM

Is this class better than Ben's class?  Are Glocks mandatory because I hate Glocks.  Will it help me make A Class?  Do I need a fishing vest?  Will there be smoke breaks?  I've been thinking about donating plasma, does it hurt?  Should the real sycophants junk carry?  If it meant making GM in Limited would you consider shooting a custom 2011 built by the world renowned Shay Akai of Akai Superguns?  What's wrong with Florida?

• Mr_White and peterthefish like this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#28 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

Is this class better than Ben's class?  Are Glocks mandatory because I hate Glocks.  Will it help me make A Class?  Do I need a fishing vest?  Will there be smoke breaks?  I've been thinking about donating plasma, does it hurt?  Should the real sycophants junk carry?  If it meant making GM in Limited would you consider shooting a custom 2011 built by the world renowned Shay Akai of Akai Superguns?  What's wrong with Florida?

No. There is a little crossover in the shot calling drills but that's about it. Mostly addresses different stuff.

That is not a question, but if it were, no.

Maybe. I think a B shooter is very likely to benefit from the technical skills work, but the class does have a dual tactical focus along with the technical work.

No. If you wear a fishing vest or other concealment, you would get a quarter second bonus in the technical skills testing. Concealment is optional however. I hate neither the Playa nor the Game.

There will be breaks but not many. And not enough time to leave the range to go to the mini mart, so you better not run out of tobacco products.

I don't know.

I guess if someone really wants to be a sycophant (I prefer the terms flunky or henchman myself) then yes, glock, junk carry, slovenly golfer untucked polo shirt, Adidas or Pumas.

Consider it yes, probably wouldn't actually do it. There would be a lot to consider and even more testing and logistical issues. Probably not going to happen.

I thought nothing was wrong with Florida. Is there something wrong with it? Did America's Wang get VD or something?

#29 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:56 AM

I shot my carry G19 vs. Stock 2 in an indoor match last night.

Black rear sights, front file sight, basically a stock trigger with a $0.25 polish job. Speed was right there with the 'go fast' guys and their gamer guns/rigs.

Accuracy at distance at speed was *terrible* and I had built stages as usual with LOTS of long partials. Sight pictures were unrefined. Probably serious trigger control with a heavy trigger - I'm sure I was ignoring any difference and there IS a difference. Also I haven't done a POA/POI check since I replaced a flat black front sight with a (theoretically according to Interwebs) same height FO front sight.

Closer shots and a shooting-on-the-move exercise went fine. I shot OWB not AIWB/concealment.

Anyhow - this was a serious reality check.

If I'm going go full Timmy at this class I guess I'd better log some practice time with my Glawk.
  • Mr_White likes this

In Doodie, Veritas.

#30 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:11 AM

Sounds good to me.

Don't know if it factors into it for you, but we do mostly shoot at 7-10 yards and incorporate a lot movement with it. Not much long distance shooting.

#31 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:13 AM

That would have been a non-issue. These were 15-20 yard partials, lots of hard cover, no-shoots, small arrays with lots of movement & hard entry/exits etc.

I still need to practice with new Keepers rig and figure out what to do with magazines. I normally just keep a spare in weak side pocket but for a class my other option is some Tek-lok mounted blade tech mag pouches from IDPA. Functional but not very stealthy....

In Doodie, Veritas.

#32 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:17 AM

You could get away with reloading out of a pocket in this class. Mag pouch is easier, but as long as you have several magazines on you it will be fine.

#33 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

No worries there.

What are you doing for (concealed) mag pouches for your EDC, training and/or matches?

In Doodie, Veritas.

#34 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:15 PM

No worries there.
What are you doing for (concealed) mag pouches for your EDC, training and/or matches?

Same for all those contexts. I was using the basic blade tech owb x 2 on the support side. Worked great but was the weakest part of my concealment overall. I have switched to the JMCK AIWB pouches, which have taken some retraining. I haven't done a lot of digging into numbers compared to the OWBs, but subjectively I feel like they are similar speed-wise. Way better for concealment though.

BTW, using soft loops on both pouches now.

26795099645_acf38ce2c7_h.jpg

26795658315_8c8c9c21b7_k.jpg

26670697296_0467420245_k.jpg

Video of some reloading practice from a while back. Not beating the par, but it was set for one second just as a reference.

Same video in slo-mo:

#35 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:32 PM

To think, you carried drop wallets once..

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#36 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:44 PM

Operator as fuck.  No other words in the English language to say it.

#37 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

That cannot be comfortable.  

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#38 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

I have so many things that are Operator As Fuck that you don't know you can't even

24555789509_154f43cb24_k.jpg

24398816372_21aa654143_b.jpg

Ok I don't really keep the Clinch Pick taped to my face. But the rest is no bullshit. And I was able to fit a third spare magazine into the extra pocket of the tourniquet ankle holster. I have been experimenting with the new Magpul 21-round Glock magazines, but they are just a bit over the line for concealment so I don't know if they are going to work out.

Comfortable, hell yes. Maybe not for a less dedicated Operator, but it's a small price to pay to be a little more ready for a surprise match in the food court.

#39 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:03 PM

See there's my problem. I don't wear socks. Or pants.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#40 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:16 PM

That's what the face tape is for. Are you even paying attention?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users