15 replies to this topic

#1 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:21 PM

Why hasn't anyone else in the world of IPSC started a new IPSC forum?  GV is simply Vince's personal forum and he's certainly pissed too many people off to count.

So why doesn't someone start a real IPSC forum?  I would if I shot IPSC.

#2 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:31 PM

This forum isn't it?
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#3 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:21 PM

I thought the European Union thought police frowned on forums of dissent, unless of course you're Muslim, or Gay, or both.

#4 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:52 AM

Basically, people don't bother to run forums anymore, and because of facebook you dont need forums anymore. I'd say at least 95% percent of the IPSC shooters I know in the Nordics are not on GV, either because they don't bother to use web forums at all or they can't stand the behavior.

The Norwegian ipsc forum is fairly dead. Me, adoo and a few other guys are running the biggest hunting/shooting forum in Norway where there's a lot of IPSC shooters.

You have the IPSC group on fb: https://www.facebook...roups/IPSC.DVC/

IPSC rifle matches group: https://www.facebook...92735750806050/ (there's more activity here than on gv)

IPSC rifle group: https://www.facebook...47452385685167/ (this is my group, so everyone except vp and vinda loo is welcome to join.)

and so on.

#5 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:05 AM

Europe need a Yodlers forum.

#6 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:49 AM

There is an ipsc euro doodie. It's called enos.com. Lolololol. Ipsc shooters of the world can ask about shit like grip tape in production etc without getting a new arsehole ripped open. Good times.
  • Nimrod likes this

#7 ralloway

ralloway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGreensburg, PA

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:52 AM

IPSC need a Yodlers division.

FIFY

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

---------------------------------
He's just this guy... ya know?!
---------------------------------

#8 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:07 PM

Basically, people don't bother to run forums anymore, and because of facebook you dont need forums anymore. I'd say at least 95% percent of the IPSC shooters I know in the Nordics are not on GV, either because they don't bother to use web forums at all or they can't stand the behavior.

The Norwegian ipsc forum is fairly dead. Me, adoo and a few other guys are running the biggest hunting/shooting forum in Norway where there's a lot of IPSC shooters.

You have the IPSC group on fb: https://www.facebook...roups/IPSC.DVC/

IPSC rifle matches group: https://www.facebook...92735750806050/ (there's more activity here than on gv)

IPSC rifle group: https://www.facebook...47452385685167/ (this is my group, so everyone except vp and vinda loo is welcome to join.)

and so on.

Makes sense.

#9 spiffy

spiffy

Cookie SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

Probably be a fair amount of backlash from Vinny too if someone started one. He can't really fuck with US shooters but he could screw over IPSC shooters if he wanted to.

A77854

To everyone one I beat in a match or on a stage. I'm a lard ass half blind screw up who doesn't fire a shot outside of a match.......just how bad do you suck now knowing that.

#10 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:47 PM

Probably be a fair amount of backlash from Vinny too if someone started one. He can't really fuck with US shooters but he could screw over IPSC shooters if he wanted to.

Seems like the best reason to start an IPSC specific forum....Just to piss off Vince.

• Cajun cracker likes this

#11 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:59 PM

People aren't flocking to forums, facebook is where the activity is at now. But the thing that might get people back to forums is facebooks anti gun stance becoming more and more obvious. I'm seeing that people on facebook are advertising for the hunting/shooting forum I run in Norway now since facebook is clamping down on gun sales for instance, so either web forums are going to steadily decline or maybe they are going to come back and be as relevant as they used to be a few years ago. If someone started an alternative ipsc forum now I don't think it would attract a lot of people, since the facebook groups are filling that niche already. It all depends on how facebook treat gun owners, and it's not looking very good at the moment.

#12 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:16 AM

Some of us just don't like being the product so we told facebook to fuck off.  I'm happy I closed my account permanently like 2 - 3 years ago.

And won't be going back for any reason.

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#13 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:24 AM

Someone is tracking your internet habits no matter where you are, so I don't really care. And since everything relating to shooting goes on on facebook I can't really just not use it. There's too much value still, even after the shutdown of gun sales groups.

#14 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:47 AM

Someone is tracking your internet habits no matter where you are

TOR

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#15 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:29 AM

TOR users are tracked. They might not know what you are up to but they know you might be up to something.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#16 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:50 AM

they know you might be up to something.

32830650.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users