#1 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:23 PM

I may have a Glock 22 Gen 3 at Christmas.

Plan is to use it in Standard/Limited but with only a trigger job and shooting major ammo. Looking for "better" trigger without sacrificing ability to set off primers, 

Question is what I should do to it besides going for trigger kits like Vanek, Zev etc.

Already saw the 0.25c trigger job which is pretty much polishing contact surfaces, and the 3.5lb connector from Lone Wolf or Glock. Anything else?

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#2 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:50 PM

Yes: no.

On injured reserve.

#3 SME at Pistol Forum

SME at Pistol Forum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:58 PM

Ejector blocks with an overtravel stop are legit.  Reduce striker springs are good too.  5# striker spring with a extra power trigger return spring and light firing pin block spring and you are good to go.

• nwhpfan likes this

Pistol Forum Subject Matter Expert...  Which pretty much equals B class at Doodie Project

#4 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:48 AM

Get a spring pack and a ghost rocket connector. Then use federal primers to be on the safe side. Good trigger for really cheap.

#5 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:02 AM

I think the factory one is just fine.  A little bit of polishing and a dob of grease is all that is needed.

#6 nwhpfan

nwhpfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:23 AM

I think an ejector block with the overtravel stop is worth the $20. I have one from Zev. You'll get alot of mileage in your trigger from a striker spring. I've gone as low as a 4.5# Ghost spring and a stock striker and CCI SPP. A heavy trigger return spring and light firing pin safety spring also help. That with a - connector I think my trigger is around 3#. I've also used stock springs with 3 coils cuts and they run about as tight as a 5# spring.

I've used Zev and DK trigger bars but I don't believe they are USPSA Production Legal. That will not be a concern obviously if you shoot Limited. I like the Zev trigger bar.

In the end you are still shooting a Glock and I think you can get it very good...but not amazing or great. I think XDM and M&P are better.

#7 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

First eject the connector and then disconnect the ejector.  Second compare a ghost spring to a Wolff spring and if there is overtravel, then stop.  A coil cut may be in your future.  Polish all metal moving parts without removing metal.  Polish all plastic parts to a high shine.  Reduce the striker spring unless you have cut coils then install the most powerful return trigger spring you can find – a coil spring for a ’67 Chevelle will work great but the fit may be tight and you will have to dremel a cavity to fit. 

Replace the factory trigger with a Zev or Apex model – very carefully – and then replace the factory trigger and return the Zev/Apex.  Apply a thin film of lubricant – but DO NOT use tincture of benzoin even if it is on sale UNLESS it is marketed as tactical.  Once the film develops have the resulting image blown to an 8x10 glossy and look for stress crack evidence.  If the results are negative, apply Crisco to a pan and take a break for lunch.  If out of Crisco you may use Fireclean but only if you are concerned about carbon build up in your intestinal tract, and enjoy smoked elm flavor with hints of Vermont Maple Syrup harvested in the traditional fashion. 

Then finish reassembling the firearm and use individually inspected federal primers with a metallic cup façade no thicker than .003 inch, plus or minus .0001, and you should have a reliable Gat with a trigger pull less than 3.5 pounds depending on where you place the trigger gage!

• nwhpfan, GuanoLoco, ZachJ and 2 others like this

On injured reserve.

#8 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

Recoil spring.
Sights.
Magwell and accompanying 140mm compliant extensions.
Grip tape wherever blows your skirt up.
Trigger springs here and there, overtravel stop, ghost rocket...

And done. No more fuckery aside from an SJC frame weight if you want to play with one. Leave it alone at that point and it'll run and run and run.

Glocks work. They work great. Until you jump the shark modifying one for Limited or Open to the degree that you're trying to keep up with the 2011s.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#9 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:35 PM

I may have a Glock 22 Gen 3 at Christmas.

Plan is to use it in Standard/Limited but with only a trigger job and shooting major ammo. Looking for "better" trigger without sacrificing ability to set off primers, 

Question is what I should do to it besides going for trigger kits like Vanek, Zev etc.

Already saw the 0.25c trigger job which is pretty much polishing contact surfaces, and the 3.5lb connector from Lone Wolf or Glock. Anything else?

TTI Trigger Kit. 

#10 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:54 PM

Taran Tactical Grandmaster Trigger kit is the best deal I've found, decent trigger for $45 and it will set off CCI just fine.

You can spend a lot more for not much benefit.
  • sirveyr and aceinyerface like this

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#11 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

Spend lots of money and fuck with it until it isn't reliable, then unfuck it one step. When you once again become dissatisfied then repeat the process. After enough cycles you will become jaded, then sell the 'competition tuned' Glock to a noob for a modest loss and buy a better competition gun like a CZ or Tanfo for less than you spent competition tooning your wonder Glock. Keep carrying your Glock 19, just skip the unecessary fucking/unfucking cycles and learn to shoot it.

Worked for me, anyhow.
  • sirveyr, slemmo and StrongHandOnly like this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#12 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

My main division is very much still production, I'm gonna be shooting the same or more 9mm than this year even though I'm going to school. I'm not planning to go that heavily into Standard, just a way to kick back and go fast in matches with the major ammo without having to worry about my A count too much. Also I figured I should get in on this major ammo thing since it's supposed to make me manlier or something and worry less about popper fucking, and since .40 costs more, I'd damn well better be getting more points for off-center hits.

A trigger job and major ammo, no mag well, stock sights, stock recoil spring whatever-the-fuck-is-in-glocks assembly unless it doesn't run.

The TTI kit actually looks worth it, most of them I've seen are in the $100+ range so I discounted aftermarket trigger kits. Will see if it sets off the primers in the ammo I'm planning to run.

I am unafraid to miss.

#13 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:31 AM

You can't shoot a Glock in Limited without a magwell unless your last name is Vogel. No sir. Not allowed.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#14 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationIn the sauna, naked.

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

How come nobody mentioned a red dot and carry optics yet? Shame on you all.

• LeadChucker likes this

~ Does Your lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#15 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:35 PM

Stock sights is crazy talk. I would replace those with Dawson's before I did anything else.

#16 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:04 PM

I am the only one on this forum professional enough to tune a Glock. Here is my resume: http://www.doodiepro...d-perfected-it/

Lee-Paige-agente-DEA-pierna_TINIMA201201

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#17 Linkscoach

Linkscoach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:37 PM

I wouldn't honestly do much to a Gen 3. Add a minus or TT connector and a set of sights and call it good. A couple thousand rounds will be all the trigger work you need.

But I hate Glocks so do what ever you want. You can put as much money as you want into it. It'll still be a Glock. Crunch, sproinggg, bang, repeat.

#18 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:59 PM

I wouldn't honestly do much to a Gen 3. Add a minus or TT connector and a set of sights and call it good. A couple thousand rounds will be all the trigger work you need.

But I hate Glocks so do what ever you want. You can put as much money as you want into it. It'll still be a Glock. Crunch, sproinggg, bang, repeat.

Don't worry, I hate glocks too. The $300 off $900 was too much for my dad to pass up. But the possibilities for training are there.

Looking at a couple options, tune it slightly for standard (trigger job), make its trigger heavy as hell and use it for training, or do nothing and shoot it in standard as is.

I am unafraid to miss.

#19 poopgiggle

poopgiggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

stop making your shitty guns even worse

#20 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:51 PM

stop making your shitty guns even worse

?

I am unafraid to miss.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glock, 22, MAJOR, Standard, Limited, POPPER, CALIBRATION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users