#21 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:12 PM

Prolly means like me. I perfected my Glock 35 so much, it cost me a major match.

#22 poopgiggle

poopgiggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:57 PM

Prolly means like me. I perfected my Glock 35 so much, it cost me a major match.

yup.

my favorite was when this guy showed up at a match once with his tacticlol'd wonderglock. it locked up so hard that in attempting to clear it he got DQ'd and got a trip to the ER (slide sliced his hand open and he dropped the gun).

#23 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

How's that possible unless you made it into an open Glock 35 (in which case you would have deserved that for the sheer levels of dumb)?

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#24 Larry Costa

Larry Costa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:43 AM

I always love how like on Glock Talk some ahole (and we're not too far away here) just talks about you should leave it stock. How many gunfights and championships that guy win again? Dave Sevigny didn't even run a stock Glock. But he didn't need a salient arms one that could only fire off pre-tapped federals either.

http://www.tactical-...-interview-faq/

-Glock 34- USPSA Production, IDPA SSP and Steel Challenge Limited
-Sevigny Competition plain black sights by Warren Tactical Series. Note: For indoor specific events, Sevigny Carry Tritium sights.
-Standard factory Glock slide stop lever (replaces extended version)
-Wolff Gunsprings- Conventional 14 lb. recoil spring, reduced firing pin spring, trigger spring (optional change), firing pin safety spring (optional change), steel guide rod (USPSA only) or stock Glock rod with the cap removed (IDPA/SSP division)
-Polishing to trigger parts (if necessary)
-Trigger pull weight 4-4.5 lbs.
  • gLocKsuCker69 likes this

Because of who I am dawg = EABOD

#25 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:09 AM

How's that possible unless you made it into an open Glock 35 (in which case you would have deserved that for the sheer levels of dumb)?

Was at Georgia state. Think I had 6 or 7 failure to extracts and had a dead trigger on a 34 round stage. Cost me big time. How you ask? Obsession with better trigger and aftermarket everything.

#26 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:56 AM

I always love how like on Glock Talk some ahole (and we're not too far away here) just talks about you should leave it stock. How many gunfights and championships that guy win again? Dave Sevigny didn't even run a stock Glock. But he didn't need a salient arms one that could only fire off pre-tapped federals either.

http://www.tactical-...-interview-faq/

-Glock 34- USPSA Production, IDPA SSP and Steel Challenge Limited
-Sevigny Competition plain black sights by Warren Tactical Series. Note: For indoor specific events, Sevigny Carry Tritium sights.
-Standard factory Glock slide stop lever (replaces extended version)
-Wolff Gunsprings- Conventional 14 lb. recoil spring, reduced firing pin spring, trigger spring (optional change), firing pin safety spring (optional change), steel guide rod (USPSA only) or stock Glock rod with the cap removed (IDPA/SSP division)
-Polishing to trigger parts (if necessary)
-Trigger pull weight 4-4.5 lbs.

Tell me more about pre-tapping Federal primers?

#27 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

Put all your Federal light strike cartridges from your tooned Glock in a bucket and save them for major matches.

Beats the effort of making sure primers are seated deeply and lets you get ahead of the game.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#28 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:30 AM

Lots of masters out there can help. Here's one to help with that new product:

#29 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • LocationIn the sauna, naked.

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:43 AM

Was that gramps fapping in the background?

~ Does Your lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#30 DynamicalFlinch

DynamicalFlinch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationA8

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:34 PM

I've been to the deep end of shooting raced out Glocks in Limited, with pretty good success by most standards. The gun can be tuned to be fast, and CAN be run as fast as a 2011.

That said... it will require a ton of work every time you press that trigger to run it as hard as guys with 2011s do, and the aftermarket parts, with few exceptions, SUCK FAT DONKEY COCK.

ZEV has fucked me over and over and over before I learned my lesson. Other triggers are decent but make it harder to compete if the second stage part of the trigger remains, and the gun is not safe if it's removed.

I've broken every part ZEV makes for the glock. Even shit that shouldn't break. And many times I've broken them the week before a major, and if you need fast customer service they will fuck you.

Consider overwatch precision for modified factory trigger parts. Great customer service, too.

The glock is simply not cooperative in trying to get every iota of performance out of it.

They say the last 10% of performance is responsible for 1/3rd the cost and 2/3 rds of the problems. This Is doubly true with this gun.

Have fun with it, learn the game, then figure out which direction you want to go. Wherever it takes you, it won't be to a glock in any of the racier divisions of the sport.

#31 DynamicalFlinch

DynamicalFlinch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationA8

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

Me, too.

#32 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

I've been to the deep end of shooting raced out Glocks in Limited, with pretty good success by most standards. The gun can be tuned to be fast, and CAN be run as fast as a 2011.

Have fun with it, learn the game, then figure out which direction you want to go. Wherever it takes you, it won't be to a glock in any of the racier divisions of the sport.

Besides shooting 9mm in prod because cheap as hell and my Shadow is pretty awesome to shoot, I think Open is cool as fuck. Open Glock is probably the way there, none of those fancy ass 2011s that shoot like a dream.

I am unafraid to miss.

#33 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:49 AM

Carry optics is a better option, will cost you less in the long run, and won't fuck up the gun.
  • LeadChucker likes this

#34 Slow250

Slow250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:31 PM

Carry optics is a better option, will cost you less in the long run, and won't fuck up the gun.

I took the open Glock talk as a joke...  You can run a Glock with any gun in any division if you're good enough, but it won't be a huge pain in the ass in Production and CO.  Slightly more aggravating in Limited, and probably not worth it in Open. 

#35 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:53 AM

This just in: Glock 22 has a 7.5lb pull weight, that's .5lb more than my Shadow's DA

Also, the sights fucking suck, or my eyes are just fucking with me. To get equal height for front and rear sight blades, only 3/4 of the top of the white dot on the front sight is visible. Was this on purpose, or what?

I am unafraid to miss.

#36 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:06 AM

You're using the dovetail protectors as sights?
  • gLocKsuCker69 likes this

#37 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:47 AM

Yeah, you can't use those things that come in the dovetails for aiming.  Dawson will fix you right up.

#38 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:08 AM

I took the open Glock talk as a joke...  You can run a Glock with any gun in any division if you're good enough, but it won't be a huge pain in the ass in Production and CO.  Slightly more aggravating in Limited, and probably not worth it in Open.

After 43 posts you should know this is a serious forum that is dedicated to sportsmanship, friendship, and treating members with the utmost respect.

#39 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

This just in: Glock 22 has a 7.5lb pull weight, that's .5lb more than my Shadow's DA

Also, the sights fucking suck, or my eyes are just fucking with me. To get equal height for front and rear sight blades, only 3/4 of the top of the white dot on the front sight is visible. Was this on purpose, or what?

I addressed the issue of stock sights in post 15. Get rid of them or get rid of the gun. Dawson Precision is your friend.

#40 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

I addressed the issue of stock sights in post 15. Get rid of them or get rid of the gun. Dawson Precision is your friend.

Do they usually hit to point of aim at 25yd? Also, DP sights will run me about $100 dollars up here to get rid of the front and rear, that's 100 dollars for a division I don't much care about.

I can live with these sights if they hit to point of aim despite the fucked up looking sight picture. Not like I use the rear sight anyway..

I am unafraid to miss.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glock, 22, MAJOR, Standard, Limited, POPPER, CALIBRATION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users