56 replies to this topic

#41 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:04 PM

Do they usually hit to point of aim at 25yd? Also, DP sights will run me about $100 dollars up here to get rid of the front and rear, that's 100 dollars for a division I don't much care about.

I can live with these sights if they hit to point of aim despite the fucked up looking sight picture. Not like I use the rear sight anyway..

If you refuse to change out the dovetail protectors, then at least get some sharpie or nail polish on the back one so you only have the front dot.

But seriously, buy some damn Dawson's.

#42 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:14 AM

If you refuse to change out the dovetail protectors, then at least get some sharpie or nail polish on the back one so you only have the front dot.

But seriously, buy some damn Dawson's.

Better yet, turn the sight around backwards
  • ZachJ and GooldMember like this

#43 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

This just in: Glock 22 has a 7.5lb pull weight, that's .5lb more than my Shadow's DA

That would mean the NY trigger spring is in that gun?    

Put in a 3.5 lb connector and the Glockmeister heavy trigger return spring.  Polish as needed per the 25 cent trigger job.

Also, the sights fucking suck, or my eyes are just fucking with me. To get equal height for front and rear sight blades, only 3/4 of the top of the white dot on the front sight is visible. Was this on purpose, or what?

Just level them up (equal height), ignore the dot.  Put whatever you want to hit (target spot) just on top of the front sight.

Put some grip tape on the gun.

I would have no problem competing with that gun...in Canada.  

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#44 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

That would mean the NY trigger spring is in that gun?    

Haven't detail stripped the lower yet, have taken apart the slide sans sights though.

But I always read that despite the advertised 5.5lb pull weight, they can vary from 5.5-7.5.

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#45 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

I think the variation in trigger weight is more often about who measures them, where they place the measurement and how consistent they are.  

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#46 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:59 PM

Put a tiny dab of grease on the connector, makes a big difference to me.  

#47 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:05 PM

I think the variation in trigger weight is more often about who measures them, where they place the measurement and how consistent they are.

If it matters, I first depressed the safety with my finger, slightly pulled the trigger so the safety wouldn't come up, then slid the measuring bar on top of the depressed safety & trigger and just pulled straight back from wherever the measuring bar stayed.

This puts the measuring point a lot higher on the trigger since if I just try to measure without pushing the safety first, the safety never gets depressed.

Just took more measurements.

Tried pulling upwards slightly, down slightly, and if possible without depressing the trigger safety beforehand, I get a range of weights from 7-8lb

I am unafraid to miss.

#48 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

I was just doing some measuring on some of mine. $0.25 trigger job, some dry and live fire to wear it in, a little 5% moly grease on the connector, and putting the trigger gauge right on the tip of the trigger (supposedly how Glock does it) and I started to get numbers that were more in line with expectation.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#49 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:20 PM

I was just doing some measuring on some of mine. $0.25 trigger job, some dry and live fire to wear it in, a little 5% moly grease on the connector, and putting the trigger guage right on the tip of the trigger (supposedly how Glock does it) and I started to get numbers that were more in line with expectation.

I know a dude with a 5.5lb stock trigger in his Glock. Hasn't messed with it, hasn't even detail stripped the gun.

I am unafraid to miss.

#50 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

I was just doing some measuring on some of mine. $0.25 trigger job, some dry and live fire to wear it in, a little 5% moly grease on the connector, and putting the trigger gauge right on the tip of the trigger (supposedly how Glock does it) and I started to get numbers that were more in line with expectation.

Glock measures in the middle of the trigger.

#51 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:10 PM

The trigger bar typically has some flash where it rides on the striker. Left overs from stamping? In any event, just smoothing that crap out makes things much better.

#52 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:10 PM

You can't trust anything you read on the interwebs. Including the 5.5 lb 'middle' trigger pull weight on my last 2 gen3 G19's.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#53 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:59 AM

Do they usually hit to point of aim at 25yd? Also, DP sights will run me about $100 dollars up here to get rid of the front and rear, that's 100 dollars for a division I don't much care about.

I can live with these sights if they hit to point of aim despite the fucked up looking sight picture. Not like I use the rear sight anyway..

Glock shoot high, aim low

#54 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

This is really easy to detail strip compared to the CZ. WTF. Only one punch needed, no slave pins needed etc.

Serrations suck. It's like they don't exist. I can rack from the front of the slide just as easily as I can on the serrated rear.

If only this thing was optimal for IPSC Prod like the CZ (and 9mm, not .40). I like the simplicity.

I am unafraid to miss.

#55 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:36 AM

The only firearm I've met which was easier to detail strip than a Glock was an AK-47. Simple guns.

I agree on your other points, however. Requiring a 5lb pull weight for *every* trigger pull would make the Glock much more competitive internationally, but that's not the world we live in.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#56 Roland THG

Roland THG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

Do the 25 cent trigger job. Get a Dawson fiber optic front and I run a factory steel rear sight. I like the white outline. At close range I put the dot inside the white line and squeeze the trigger. 

The buy lots of ammo and shoot often.

enjoy every sandwich

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVIO

#57 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:48 AM

Do the 25 cent trigger job. Get a Dawson fiber optic front and I run a factory steel rear sight. I like the white outline. At close range I put the dot inside the white line and squeeze the trigger.

The buy lots of ammo and shoot often.

You forgot the 3.5# ghost connector, an ISMI 13-lb recoil spring on the factory plastic rod, and if you feel like it, a trigger spring. (Not striker spring.)

End of modifications.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glock, 22, MAJOR, Standard, Limited, POPPER, CALIBRATION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users