#61 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:24 AM

I am now a member of a super-secret shooting team that I know nothing about and that offers no advantages other than a free shirt that kind of fits.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#62 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:59 PM

Unless you get a 10-99 or a W2 it ain't real sponsorship

Well then I guess I'm sponsored by Glock.

BTW, you're doing it wrong unless you get paid under the table. Support the underground economy!

• SME at Pistol Forum likes this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#63 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:10 PM

It's funny because the dudes with jerseys (legit or not) obviously don't give a fuck what other people think about them wearing one.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#64 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:24 PM

Like the fine EBT landwhales of Walmart, that doesn't mean we can't poke fun at them.

#65 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:32 PM

I'm glad this is a topic of discussion.  It restores my faith in Doodie.

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#66 teenlaqueefah

teenlaqueefah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

It's funny because the dudes with jerseys (legit or not) obviously don't give a fuck what other people think about them wearing one.

How do you figure? Unless you're getting compensated in some meaningful way, the entire point of wearing one of those is signaling.

#67 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:07 PM

How do you figure? Unless you're getting compensated in some meaningful way, the entire point of wearing one of those is signaling.

99.999% of people are signaling via their clothing choices.  Even those who vehemently deny it.

#68 teenlaqueefah

teenlaqueefah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

99.999% of people are signaling via their clothing choices. Even those who vehemently deny it.

Yeah, but specifically, I'm talking about signaling "Hey fellow shooters, look how much better i am than you because i have all these fucking logos on me. Bow before my 5% Lucas Oil discount."

#69 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, but specifically, I'm talking about signaling "hey fellow shooters, look how much better i am than you because i have all these fucking logos on me".

I need to spend more time on Doodie, I'm not quite cynical enough.

I would be embarrassed to wear a shooting blouse.  The only thing I can think of that would compel me to wear one is to do a favor for somebody.  That or a huge chunk of money, which doesn't seem at all likely given that I suck at shooting.  Plus which, I don't like people much and wouldn't be a good ambassador for a brand.

Except for that piping dude that posts here.  I need to have my bathroom re-plumbed and would really put out (wink!) for him.  

• Mistadobalina likes this

#70 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:16 PM

Yeah, but specifically, I'm talking about signaling "Hey fellow shooters, look how much better i am than you because i have all these fucking logos on me. Bow before my 5% Lucas Oil discount."

Fortunately we have this thing called Practiscore.  I think that a thumbnail of the shooter wearing his or her jersey/blouse of choice should be available next to the score.  Then we will know the truth.

• Trigger Warning likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#71 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:44 PM

I need to spend more time on Doodie, I'm not quite cynical enough.

I would be embarrassed to wear a shooting blouse. The only thing I can think of that would compel me to wear one is to do a favor for somebody. That or a huge chunk of money, which doesn't seem at all likely given that I suck at shooting. Plus which, I don't like people much and wouldn't be a good ambassador for a brand.

Except for that piping dude that posts here. I need to have my bathroom re-plumbed and would really put out (wink!) for him.

If you need 316L electropolished, orbital welded, and chemically passivated lines for that baller crapper let me know! That would be a first in my book.

In the meantime our shooting team has grown and encompasses the East Coast top to bottom. Benefits are secret to even the members but their lives are enhanced in ways they may never fully understand.

I still believe One Great Jersey exists in the ether that would be a constant troll simultaneously insulting and humoring viewers so as to distract their stage planning and therefore be a piece of equipment that actually enhances your match standing. But so far, man has not reached high enough to create this garment yet I believe some day it will come.

On injured reserve.

#72 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:47 PM

Fortunately we have this thing called Practiscore. I think that a thumbnail of the shooter wearing his or her jersey/blouse of choice should be available next to the score. Then we will know the truth.

Finally a reason to buy a fake abs tshirt.

#73 jrb06

jrb06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:33 PM

So I can't believe nobody is sporting the grease stained wife beater? Show up, shoot the match, toke a pack of coffin nails, throw back a couple of cold ones while RO your buddy, head home and ask the bitch where is my dinner!

Double Wide White Trash Shooting Team Yeah that sounds about right

#74 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

So you've never shot a match in A6 I see.
  • Nimrod likes this

On injured reserve.

#75 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:53 PM

Just realized everyone is wearing jerseys at BJJ. Yikes.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#76 teenlaqueefah

teenlaqueefah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:06 PM

I've changed my mind. Team jerseys are cool. Nothing wrong with some good ol' camaraderie. And if you're going to bother getting a team jersey made, you might as well put a bunch of other shit on it.

#77 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationShowing stuff to the kids

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

A Hillary campaign jersey could be kinda fun. Veins would be popping everywhere. 

~ My lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#78 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:16 PM

I am now a member of a super-secret shooting team that I know nothing about and that offers no advantages other than a free shirt that kind of fits.

Don't lie. You paid Techwear $89.99 for that shit.

Plus $12.99 for express shipping so it'd be here in time for you to wear in the family's creepy christmas card.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#79 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

I think you are signaling that you feel inadequate about your shooting. My attire (plain shirts) definitely signals that I think jerseys look lame, but I don't get any vibe of any sort from shooters in jerseys. they seem exactly like the people without jerseys except dressed funny.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#80 teenlaqueefah

teenlaqueefah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

I think you are signaling that you feel inadequate about your shooting. My attire (plain shirts) definitely signals that I think jerseys look lame, but I don't get any vibe of any sort from shooters in jerseys. they seem exactly like the people without jerseys except dressed funny.

Nah, my shooting's just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users