Photo

Most Awesomest Competition Powders

Econominical Pressure Signs Double Charge Reverse Temp Insensitive Bern Rate Primer Flow Extrooded Off Book Loads Meeeters Well Densenessity

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#41 adoo

adoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

97USD was for 2KG n310.n320,n330,n340 etc.... 

#42 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:46 AM

Grafs is running a promotional: No Hazmat fee with 10 lbs of Nobel Sport powders.  7.95 flat rate shipping.  Put in cart to see.

'Sale' price at Grafs for Prima V is $16.99, more than Powder Valley normal price at $15.15 (1.1 lbs tho!) but free Hazmat at 10 lb qty make for a nice buy for testing porpoises.

I just ordered 9 lbs Prima V and 1 lb Prima SV for me and my local krewe.  If that goes well we may pool up for a bulk order from PV.

• Stubb likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#43 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:23 AM

Please speak 9mm, I am unfamiliar with this language you speak

i've posted plenty of 9mm data for prima v in the past.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#44 adoo

adoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:07 PM

shipping ? yall yokels? I can drive my pimp ass electric treehugger veichle to what, at least 10 places that sells powder, probably more. 

#45 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:25 PM

That's cause you can drive from one side of your frigid country to another on a charge + maybe an extended life iPhone battery pack just in case. 

Try that in 'Murica.

• ToddKS likes this

In Doodie, Veritas.

#46 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

If everybody in the US lived in Georgia...

NO_area.jpg

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#47 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

This tells the rest of the story.  I wonder where Adoo lives.  I'm betting the south.

density-population-ppt-map-norway.jpg

Well, that and the entire population of Norway is about the same as a back-woods state like Alabama or a little less than a major metropolitan area like Atlanta.

What I want to know is why they have all the damned powder!

In Doodie, Veritas.

#48 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:14 PM

Bears.

#49 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

Norway is dumb.
  • Miculek is a Noob likes this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#50 u sofa king we todd ed

u sofa king we todd ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:07 PM

If everybody in the US lived in Georgia...NO_area.jpg

IF...There would all kinds of new shenanigans in Area 6...

#51 u sofa king we todd ed

u sofa king we todd ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

https://youtu.be/8jBuNMHzqmI

Norway has Trolls

#52 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

"We got trolls in Norway. So..." FTW

#53 adoo

adoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:13 PM

that clip is hilarous, if you speak norwegian, and if you seen trolljegern

You can flame me live at world shoot 2017, bring it ;) 

#54 spk

spk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

Why the hell would you want to run a slow burning powder in 9 minor, pray tell? The point of slow powders is to make lots of gasses to drive the comp. It doesn't mean nice soft recoil, that's accomplished with nice fast burning powders.

Assuming you're shooting Production (if not then GTFO) then Autocomp is about the worst possible choice, short of extruded rifle powder or a can of Goex.

Burn rate of powder has nothing to do with recoil.

Recoil is the momentum imparted into the gun by the projectile exiting the barrel at whatever velocity, a projectile weight of 180gr driven at a 1000fps will impart the same amount of momentum into the gun, regardless of how it is driven to that speed.

Basic physics,  P=MV

Aside from that where the fuck did I say I was achieving less or softer recoil?, I said it meters well and burns clean and is slower than W231.

#55 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:10 PM

Burn rate of powder has nothing to do with recoil.
Recoil is the momentum imparted into the gun by the projectile exiting the barrel at whatever velocity, a projectile weight of 180gr driven at a 1000fps will impart the same amount of momentum into the gun, regardless of how it is driven to that speed.
Basic physics, P=MV
Aside from that where the fuck did I say I was achieving less or softer recoil?, I said it meters well and burns clean and is slower than W231.

Oh shit, someone just schooled all you fucking morons who kowtow before "internet wisdom" without a basic understanding of physics.

The post above simplifies the reality here to a quick bit of multiplication. Well, oversimplifies maybe. And by maybe I mean definitely.

You see, recoil would be more accurately defined as;

the momentum imparted into the gun by the ejecta exiting the barrel at whatever velocity...

And by ejecta I don't mean the shit you wiped up with a Kleenex after thinking of
that hottie that sat in front of you in 10th grade physics. I mean you need to consider the mass and velocity of not only the bullet, but also the expelled gases. You see, contrary to SPK's Special (Ed) Theory of Momemtum, the powder used to launch that projectile doesn't just disappear when you pull the trigger. The bulk of it turns into gases that weigh the same as the powder in the case before said trigger was pulled. And those gases, expelled from the barrel at a velocity usually higher than the bullet they accelerated, are another component of recoil.

Now let me drop another knowledge bomb on your ig'nant ass. To achieve a given Power Factor with an identical bullet, you need more of a slower powder than you do of a fast one. So to make minor with a 147, you might need 3.2 GR of Titegroup, or 5 GR of HS-6. One load will recoil objectively less than the other. WAC is right in the middle and is thus non-optimal.

And that's before we get into things that might not impact total momentum imparted to the gun but do impact shooter comfort. Like residual pressure of those gases when the bullet leaves the barrel. What's louder? Popping a halfway inflated or fully inflated balloon? Because the residual pressure (and thus shockwave) of a fast powder is always less than that of a slower powder. Sometimes by a lot.

In summary - people laughed at what you said because it was dumb. Doubling down on dumb was a bad decision. Consider whether your knowledge base supports doubling down again for a minute before responding. And take a quick look at the thread title, which isn't "most mediocre powders for 9mm chosen by some dumbass reloader".

Or just get some HS-6 or AA9 and work up some new loads - they're both a bit slower than WAC so should be even better!
  • BHill likes this

#56 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:00 AM

So... (5gr HS-6 - 3.2 gr TiteGroup) = 1.8 gr ejecta / 180 gr boolit = 1% less M in the P=MV equation,

therefore 1% less P?

In Doodie, Veritas.

#57 spk

spk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:55 AM

So... (5gr HS-6 - 3.2 gr TiteGroup) = 1.8 gr ejecta / 180 gr boolit = 1% less M in the P=MV equation,

therefore 1% less P?

Exactly, which is why I tried to keep it simple.

The difference in ejected gases would not be perceptible to any human, it is only one very very small part of the recoil equation, when you consider the amount of momentum generated by the projectile leaving + the, insignificant, momentum added by the gases + the momentum of the slide moving and then stopping as it crashes into the frame at it's most rearward point, this shit just happens to fast for even the most sensitive of humans, we simply do not posses the 'clock speed' to tell these things apart.

#58 Desk Pop

Desk Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationNear the Keg

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:00 AM

Phuck science! You are all pussies.

2.2 grains of Tannerite, Small Pistol Magnum Primer, 137gr Dried Goat Testicle.  

Loud Bang, Balls out!

'Murica!

#59 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:31 AM

Exactly, which is why I tried to keep it simple.
The difference in ejected gases would not be perceptible to any human, it is only one very very small part of the recoil equation, when you consider the amount of momentum generated by the projectile leaving + the, insignificant, momentum added by the gases + the momentum of the slide moving and then stopping as it crashes into the frame at it's most rearward point, this shit just happens to fast for even the most sensitive of humans, we simply do not posses the 'clock speed' to tell these things apart.

There's a difference between trying to keep something simple and being a simple motherfucker. Based on your decision to double down on stupid I'm not sure your capable of telling the difference.

#60 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:27 AM

What, you fuckers don't tune your gun to the powder you're using? Do you even springs bro?
  • ralloway likes this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users