54 replies to this topic

#1 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

Some readers see this part of your email after the subject line in the inbox.
Write something brief and catchy, compelling them to open the email.

Announcing

The GUNFIGHTER Club

Where Value and Performance Combine

Austin, TX

December 15, 2016.....

Here at The Range at Austin it is my goal to ensure the student's training experience is bar none the best. As a student, you will be exposed to proven training methods and best practices designed to enable peak levels of performance when the need arises. However, most skills are perishable and shooting is no different. That is why I am very pleased to announce the launch of our GUNFIGHTER Club.

The GUNFIGHTER Club

The primary purpose behind the GUNFIGHTER Club is helping students sustain their skills. The secondary purpose is providing a gateway for improving their skills. Whether you need to brush up, or invest time at building a solid foundation this program is an excellent balance of value and performance.

The GUNFIGHTER Club gives access to all training classes put on by the Range at Austin for a low monthly fee of $225.00. The monthly fee will give you access to 16 hours per month of training.

What else do you get for being a part of GUNFIGHTER Club; access and opportunity. You will have access to participate in our staff's monthly 2-hour Professional Development or PRODEV sessions commensurate with your skill level. In addition, the opportunity to try new courses of fire, drill of the day and concealment league scenarios.

The goal for the GUNFIGHTER Club is to sustain skills we know to be perishable, but also to improve upon them and that takes hard work. I have struggled over the years recognizing the limitations to training opportunities and the frequencies of training. It is my intention to shatter these barriers that prevent folks from reaching their goals.

The monthly fee does not include ammunition, rentals or supporting equipment and cannot be used in conjunction with any sales or specials to include our guest instructors. The first 3 months must be paid in advance to join with monthly payments beginning after and no rollover for training hours. 

For more information or to secure your spot please feel free to contact me at jeffg@therangeaustin.com

V/R,

Jeff Gonzales

Director of Training

The Range at Austin

####

#2 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

Are we hating or nuthugging? I'm happy to do either but need some guidance.
  • sirveyr, Flexmoney, Cheap Shot and 5 others like this

#3 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:53 PM

Little bit from column A and ...

#4 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:00 PM

You need to pay $225 a month to get good at shooting? Fuck, and here I thought 15 minutes of dry fire here and there for free in my basement got me to where I am.

Unless folks are sorely in need of combative or actual tactical training for their jobs and this gunfighter club will deliver that in spades, what's the point exactly? I suspect the thing stopping most people from becoming better is a case of being lazy as shit. Disposable cash isn't going to fix that.

• Stubb likes this

#5 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

Does that include the cost of ammo? And a gun?

• GuruOfGuns likes this

#6 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:08 PM

The First Rule of Gunfighter Club is don't talk about Gunfighter Club.

/oblig

• Buck Turgidson and Cranky Gunsmith like this

On injured reserve.

#7 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

Is this like overcharging for stupid crossfit but for guns?

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#8 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:45 AM

Sometimes I'm very happy to live in a place where you can pay the same amount yearly and have 24/7 access to 3 shooting ranges with all the poppers, swingers, bobbers and every other practical shooting prop you can imagine.

• Stubb and Buck Turgidson like this

#9 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:10 AM

Sometimes I'm very happy to live in a place where you can pay the same amount yearly and have 24/7 access to 3 shooting ranges with all the poppers, swingers, bobbers and every other practical shooting prop you can imagine.

For the same amount yearly I could belong to 6 clubs with indoor (24/7) and outdoor ranges, with not only a ton of steel, stands, and props, but also sporting clays, trap, 5 stand, skeet, and rifle ranges running from 200-1000 yards (which are like your meters but better because America).

Look, you're just not gonna convince me that life's worth living in a country where someone calls a Toyota Yaris a pussymobile with a (semi)-straight face.
  • Miculek is a Noob and barry owens like this

#10 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:43 AM

Ben needs to learn something from this dood's business model. People mostly pay for memberships in things like gyms then don't attend because lazy and life. But they feel good that they are Investing a lot of cash moneys to get gooder at some vague romanticized idea. Plus bragging rights.

I'd tweak the business model though and offer a small discount for setting up monthly payments and a larger discount for paying for a year up front.

Recurring revenue for the win.
  • Stubb, peterthefish, Buck Turgidson and 1 other like this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#11 Suck It Trebek

Suck It Trebek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

Does that include the cost of ammo? And a gun?

The monthly fee does not include ammunition, rentals or supporting equipment and cannot be used in conjunction with any sales or specials to include our guest instructors.
  Maybe it will help some people get live fire time that isn't just slow-fire on a static target at an indoor range.  Or maybe he's found a way to get people to pay real money for range time they won't show up for.

#12 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:59 AM

For the same amount yearly I could belong to 6 clubs with indoor (24/7) and outdoor ranges, with not only a ton of steel, stands, and props, but also sporting clays, trap, 5 stand, skeet, and rifle ranges running from 200-1000 yards (which are like your meters but better because America). Look, you're just not gonna convince me that life's worth living in a country where someone calls a Toyota Yaris a pussymobile with a (semi)-straight face.

Auris...Yaris is the smaller model.

• ToddKS likes this

#13 Cheap Shot

Cheap Shot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:03 AM

"The GUNFIGHTER Club gives access to all training classes put on by the Range at Austin for a low monthly fee of $225.00. The monthly fee will give you access to 16 hours per month of training."

$225/16hrs per month = $14 an hour

#14 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:33 AM

Ben need to learn something from this dood's business model. People mostly pay for memberships in things like gyms then don't attend because lazy and life. But they feel good that they are Investing a lot of cash moneys to get gooder at some vague romanticized idea. Plus bragging rights.

I'd tweak the business model though and offer a small discount for setting up monthly payments and a larger discount for paying for a year up front.

Recurring revenue for the win.

Reference my idea from the Black Friday Thread:

Where's my fucking order, it hasn't even shipped yet? 

Tell Timmy to get to work on Stegger Prime, $99/year you get free 2 day shipping and access to stream all Ben's secret match videos.

#15 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:43 AM

"The GUNFIGHTER Club gives access to all training classes put on by the Range at Austin for a low monthly fee of $225.00. The monthly fee will give you access to 16 hours per month of training."

$225/16hrs per month = $14 an hour

Per student. Whether they show up or not.

Just think how many timmy wannabe's you could get to do simultaneous 360 degree scanning assessments on the head of a pin.

In Doodie, Veritas.

#16 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

Auris...Yaris is the smaller model.

Extra 50 mm of wheelbase must make a big difference...

#17 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

Extra 50 mm of wheelbase must make a big difference...

Dude, that's like 5 centimeters.  HUGE!!!

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#18 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:41 AM

It was just the extra few millimeters I needed to fit my pelicase with the back seats down.

#19 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

I wanted to hear more about how the 50mm helps with the extra-tall nordic amazon blondes you are banging in your pussy wagon.

In Doodie, Veritas.

#20 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

You didn't know Norwegians are on average 50mm bigger than the rest of the world?

• poopgiggle likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users