funshoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

http://www.tridentco...junior-varsity/

I have observed over the years so much chest beating in the community, but few who can step up to the plate and perform better than their peers... Students who I believe need to be challenged are put to task during classes to facilitate growth and improvement. Many times, we all need that push to get us to the next level.

NEXT LEVEL TRAINING

Those who have trained with us are well aware of our performance standards. We are the only organization within this industry who first off collects metrics on performance and second holds students accountable to standards. I find it mind boggling we are the only ones and while some have their own system the integrity of our standards has not been compromised nor will it on my watch. It is the key why so many hard shooters continue to train with us, they can be evaluated versus observable, measurable and repeatable standards. Once we see a student reach a certain level, usually passing in the high 90% the next step is to lay the gauntlet at their feet.

DO WORK
You see,  most who train with us have no idea the scoring conditions they must meet are our junior varsity standards.

I didn't realize Jeff Gonzales/Trident Concepts was the only organization measuring shooting performance objectively and comparing the results. Would've sworn others have been doing this but I guess I was wrong.

-

John M. Buol Jr.

FirearmUserNetwork.com

#2 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:01 AM

Did you ever notice that braggadocio is proportionate to derp?
  • Stubb and Nimrod like this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#3 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

He's full of shit.

• Nimrod likes this

#4 phil datpus

phil datpus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

Sounds like a regular sausage fest. So many hard shooters training together makes the California boy in me want to do some slow scans followed by press outs.
  • Buck Turgidson likes this

#5 phil datpus

phil datpus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:16 PM

The metrics used when measuring soft shooters is pathetic to the amazing metrics of hard shooters. I bet they get every angry inch out of the junior varsity boys.

#6 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,072 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

I think he's talking about the training industry and not the shooting sports so it may be premature to take a shit all over him.

As an aside, I think he's on our side: http://www.tridentco...-sports-abound/

• funshoot and Larry Costa like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#7 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

Jabeezus, that was difficult to read.

Not the subject matter, the fucking awful English makes my head spin!

Get a load of the missing punctuation, run on sentences, sentence fragments, inappropriate word choices...

FUCK!

Doesn't ANYONE proof read their shit before publishing??
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#8 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

Why do you write stuff like that on your BUSINESS web site anyhow?

In Doodie, Veritas.

#9 phil datpus

phil datpus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:07 PM

They've got hard shooters, Doodie has hard readers.
  • Chett Luduston likes this

#10 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

We need to create a "really stupid shit" category for this and all other Timmy stupid shit topics and idpa stupid shit...

#11 Chett Luduston

Chett Luduston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:56 PM

I didn't expect the writing to be THAT bad. I nearly dropped my Cheetos in shock.
  • Flexmoney likes this

#12 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:07 PM

Jv standards mutha fuckas! For soft shooters who want to get hard.

#13 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

Quote from his incoherent rant about the election:

"She couldn’t’ even thank her supporters for what amounted to non-stop and even life alternating time away from their families to support her."

Yeah that life alternating stuff is hard.

#14 funshoot

funshoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

I think he's talking about the training industry and not the shooting sports so it may be premature to take a shit all over him.

As an aside, I think he's on our side: http://www.tridentco...-sports-abound/

I didn't intend to take a shit all over him for having actual standards and using them because that's a good thing. Considering all the MT schools have been establishing such things since before the Carter administration, Mr. Gonzales is far from the first and only. Then there's us gaymer fags...

-

John M. Buol Jr.

FirearmUserNetwork.com

#15 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

It's not the use of standards, it is the arrogant and presumptive way it is expressed - using your bolded text as an example.

How exactly does JG/TC know that theirs is the only org that collects statistics and hold students accountable?

How exactly does Tier 1 instructor dood "hold students accountable?". Withhold their certiicate of course completion? Make them take the course againa and again (at their cost) until they get it? Post their failures to learn and perform to his standards on their 'Permanent Record'? Make them run behind the class sucking their thumb with their pants around their ankles and their gun on their shoulder?
  • funshoot, Doc, peterthefish and 1 other like this

In Doodie, Veritas.

#16 Cheap Shot

Cheap Shot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

It's not the use of standards, it is the arrogant and presumptive way it is expressed - using you bolded text as an example.

How exactly does JG/TC know theat theirs is the only org that collects statistics and hold students accountable?

How exactly does Tier 1 instructor dood "hold students accountable?". Withhold their certiicate of course completion? Make them take the course againa and again (at their cost) until they get it? Post their failures to learn and perform to your standards on their 'Permanent Record'? Make them run behind the class sucking their thumb with their pants around their ankles and their gun on their shoulder?

Yes

#17 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,072 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:13 PM

Make them run behind the class sucking their thumb with their pants around their ankles and their gun on their shoulder?

"You climb obstacles like old people fuck!"

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#18 rob boudrie

rob boudrie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

There is a tendency of people who are over trained and under practiced (think of the guy who hardly every shoots but has a certificate from just about every big name shooting school) to develop what I call "excellence by verbal assertion".  They can show up at a match, shoot 40% and declare that despite never having served (police or military) or seen the elephant, they know how to "survive better" than those gamesmen with the A M and GM classifications.  It's like taking classes makes one a top notch grizzled veteran of the mean streets.

So, I think he is onto something measuring training performance - as long as the bar is set high enough it's not "everyone gets an excellent score".

Listen to some of the Timmies and you would think there must be a pile of dead USPSA shooters somwhere stacked up like cordwood.

#19 Roons

Roons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

There is a tendency of people who are over trained and under practiced ... to develop what I call "excellence by verbal assertion".

So, basically people who are frustrated because all they ever do is masturbate and never get to release. I have a much clearer view of Timmies now.

• Mr_White likes this

"You can give it the old spin."

#20 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

I think he needs to pair up with Sonny PazoooookASS and Yeagermeister. All in the same damn boat. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users