83 replies to this topic

#21 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:57 AM

"You are accosted by exactly nine assailants wearing their body armor diagonally for the third time in one night. Extract the unloaded gun from the tackle box in your lap and make them wait while you load it from your belt..."
Highly tactical.

I though it was formed as a revenge tactic by that angry fat dude that loved fishing vests because he couldn't get past u class?
  • CH3NO2 likes this

#22 Gunshy

Gunshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:45 AM

https://youtu.be/eW8FTWX6QSo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:27 AM

That's the only semi interesting video he's produced.
  • Buck Turgidson likes this

#24 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

There are way to many bitches in both sports for most normal peoples taste. People should just shoot and STFU. 

#25 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

That's the only semi interesting video he's produced.

Can anyone find the gif of him repeating "fuck idpa" (4:30 in)?  LOL

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#26 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

I think most of the ass clowns ( including that jackass ) who bitch like 8th grade girls can't win even local matches so they jump on the internet to use a keyboard instead of winning. 

Think about the most vocal IDPA critics just cant come off of their egos and accept they are simply not good enough.

Look around for the people who actually win HOA in any of the major sports.

Seems WINNING is the opposite of WHINING. Or the shooters with REAL sponsors learn to keep their traps shut. 

• redrider likes this

#27 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:13 PM

https://youtu.be/eW8FTWX6QSo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda harsh, linking to full-retard guy's videos without a warning. I just gave him an unintended view just clicking that shit.

• poopgiggle and peterthefish like this

#28 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:21 PM

I think most of the ass clowns ( including that jackass ) who bitch like 8th grade girls can't win even local matches so they jump on the internet to use a keyboard instead of winning. 

Think about the most vocal IDPA critics just cant come off of their egos and accept they are simply not good enough.

Look around for the people who actually win HOA in any of the major sports.

Seems WINNING is the opposite of WHINING. Or the shooters with REAL sponsors learn to keep their traps shut. 

Or not, because what you just said has no basis in reality. I'm guessing more than one person here has won HOA a time or two at matches; I find the complete opposite to be true, the more experienced a shooter becomes the more they see through IDPA's bizarre crap, contradictions and anti-competitve rules and all. Not everyone on Doodie is hanging out in D/marksman class.

People that bitch in general, sure. Folks like Yeager gotta stoke the ego and reinforce that they're doing the right thing even though they'd get their ass kicked in a basic display of fundamentals like USPSA. Gotta be unsafe to a huge fault and questionably sane to get "real" training. However that's an entirely different issue than seeing why IDPA is the "special" shooting sport.

#29 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

Having read the amount of wild ass bitching going on over at IDPA and the general actors whining in both sports, my comment was more that the people that walk away winning are NOT the ones doing the whining most of the time. I have been to USPSA matches where the arguments delay matches an hour. That sucks too. 

I think action shooting stirs enough shit for a housewives show. 

#30 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:40 PM

What super tactical tard Yeager said about idpa is spot on. I started off shooting idpa, and most of the folks that shot our match were really cool; but the rules are arbitrary and applied inconsistently which is total bullshit.

Yeah you get some whiney bitches in uspsa, and some of the rules are b.s. But the level of uspsa bullshit is far, far, far lower than idpa.

#31 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

Yeager's argument about slicing the pie on the clock is spot on. The whole 'cover' calls business for fast shooters is a pure charade of subjectivity being judged by lower-middle pack SO's who can't even begin to see and process that fast. But it is Bob, we know Bob and Bob is 'really good' therefore no cover call but Ben here is new and squirelly and we better drop the hammer and learn him up right.
  • Buck Turgidson and Will like this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#32 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:14 PM

Bill Wilson wanted USPSA to create a division that you could use his guns in. Because USPSA was all about the arms race and having to spend megabucks on a hi-cap gat to compete with.  USPSA said no, Wilson started IDPA where he could sell his megabuck singlestacks to the timmies casue Wilson diod not build hi-caps. Back in the day Bill Wilson was one of the biggest gamers in USPSA.

Nope. Wilsons were building "hi caps", what do you think Jerry Barnhardt was shooting back then? And many other Wilson team shooters.

If you think IDPA is why Wilson Combat has grown into the giant successful business it is now I don' think you've done much research, start with how many people shoot Wilson pistols in IDPA.

Bill Wilson was one of the original founders of IPSC/USPSA, he served on the board many years and donated a shit load of money into USPSA and supported a lot of shooters. No doubt he wanted there to be a division where a 1911 std capacity pistol could still be competitive. The reason there is so much confusion and misinformation about all this is because there are so few people still around or give a shit to tell the real story. It's easier just to believe Wilson got mad and started his own sport.  You have to realize how USPSA developed from a bring a pistol and shoot to a arms race, how much even small things like 8 round magazines becoming a reality changed the game at the time, then compensators, then 38 super, then double stack guns in 38 super with optical sights. The technical progress outstripped the rule book. There were times when you could actually buy a huge competitive advantage. Example when a few double stack frames became available and where allowed to compete directly against low capacity guns, at the local level you would see round counts expanded to the limit of the new double stack the match director just got.

So in time the idea of a Limited Division was floated and promised to be a back to basic 1911 Division so the masses of people who only had a single stack 45 wouldn't have to compete directly against a Caspian double stack 38 super. Bill Wilson was on board with this, long story short the script got flipped and Limited became nothing but Open without optics. It had nothing to do with selling more guns, Wilson Combat has never had a problem selling guns, it was all about shady dealings. The people controlling USPA at the time for some reason where influenced in the direction of everyone buying new equipment if they wanted to play and weren't concerned about losing people who wanted to be competitive with what they had. Anyone should be able to figure out where that influence came from.  Wilson felt like he had been lied to so he left and later started IDPA with the idea of getting back to the roots of Practical Shooting. Where things went sideways was his not wanting to run the program and trusting people to run IDPA that he shouldn't, that's still the problem with it.

• sirveyr, Stubb, poopgiggle and 1 other like this

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#33 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

I thought idpa was started so that disgruntled d grade USPSA shooters would have a place to shoot where they could get impressive sounding grades like 'sharpshooter' or 'marksman' to hide the fact that they still suck.

#34 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:19 PM

Negative, I have no doubt it was started due to USPSA bullshit at the time. I'd have been all over it if we didn't have the modern "realistic" divisions.

#35 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:34 AM

People have imaginations, even tough shooter types. IDPgAy is an outlet for bright people to play out their daydreams and fantasies. Joe Blow sits in a cubicle all day hating his job but seeing himself as the shepherd when a disgruntled wolf enters the office to harm the sheeple. He's secretly packing breaking all company policies on firearms in the workplace.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#36 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:54 PM

People have imaginations, even tough shooter types. IDPgAy is an outlet for bright people to play out their daydreams and fantasies. Joe Blow sits in a cubicle all day hating his job but seeing himself as the shepherd when a disgruntled wolf enters the office to harm the sheeple. He's secretly packing breaking all company policies on firearms in the workplace.

...and he's a postman.
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#37 Bananabarrel

Bananabarrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

Looks like no more PCC trolling in IDPA. Went to a match and someone did PCC, the rustling of the jimmies was real. Butthurt people can't say shit if you run a WC AR9! 

#38 MilkMyDuds

MilkMyDuds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:44 PM

I shot a match under the new rule.  

The fault line actually makes everything feel much more like USPSA.  You have to lean pretty hard for the inner most targets behind cover though, because there is only 1 fault line per cover position and that fault line is drawn based on the outer most target. 

On top of that, being able to reload on the move in the open also feels nice. 

1 point = 1 sec leads to a tenth of second more "visual patience" on usual distances, but 3-5 yardish is hosing as usual.  It also leads to a lot of makeup shots that I have not seen before in IDPA matches when people start "calling" their shots by examining the holes on the targets. 

Overall, I think the new rule is promising - now only if they remove the vest.

#39 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

now only if they remove the vest.

You don't have to wear a vest.  I never did.  I always shot IDPA wearing the same clothes I wear to conceal when I go about my business.

#becausetrainlikeyoufight

• sirveyr, ToddKS and peterthefish like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#40 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:01 PM

If there's a casual club match I just take the procedural and shoot in illegal gear, no concealment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users