Photo

Who is feeling like being the guinea pig?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:23 PM

Because the Shotmaxx II is now shipping.
http://www.doublealpha.biz/shotmaxx-2

Given the stellar reputation of the first version... I'll let one of you fine gentlemen tell me if the suck has continued, and continue to use my "supposed to be long dead by now" CED 7000.

(They also removed Bluetooth from the SM2 entirely, it looks like.)
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#2 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

I'm pretty happy with my Pocket Pro.  I wish they would have made the slider that changes it from instant to random start a little bit longer though.

#3 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

This should be an app for the Apple Watch.

#4 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

I'm sending my second shotmaxx in for another dead speaker this week. CED or PP for me next, it seems to die the moment it gets cold, and in WI that makes it near useless. I don't need something that goes on my wrist, I just need easy powering and easy setting of par times.

#5 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

PPI for match timers.

PPII for practice sessions.

...some of our PPIs are over 20 fucking years old.
  • GuruOfGuns likes this
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#6 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

I use a ced7000 and it's the tits as a practice timer (yes I had a pp2).

But for matches it's hard to beat the ol 'yellow peril' speed timer 3000. Easy to use and buzzer is loud as fuck. No complex modes or buttons. It just times shit and the shows you that time. Win.

#7 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:22 PM

I really like how easy it is to set the par times on the PP2, how is it on the 7000? The quicker the better since I do it often. I like that the 7000 can charge off of what I assume is USB, and that it isn't brick sized.

Whatever I get next needs to be reasonably weather proof too with light rain and temps in the 10s and below.

I hate buying timers...

#8 MilkMyDuds

MilkMyDuds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

I spent about $200 on ShotMaxx 1...

$130 for the watch from DAA, then $25 to ship it back to Netherlands 3 months later because the beeper failed

$25 to ship the replacement back 2 months after that because the beeper on the replacement failed

No I will not buy another ShotMaxx #.

#9 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

... for matches it's hard to beat the ol 'yellow peril' speed timer 3000...

I had never heard of this... and had to google it.

It looks like a VHS tape. Except from a time before they had VHS tapes. How old is this thing?!

cat9.gif

#10 MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:12 AM

I looked for a ShotMaxx when I bought my first timer, they were out of stock. Bought a PPII and love it. If it broke today, I'd buy another PPII.

#11 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

But for matches it's hard to beat the ol 'yellow peril' speed timer 3000. 

lolz

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#12 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

I had never heard of this... and had to google it.

It looks like a VHS tape. Except from a time before they had VHS tapes. How old is this thing?!

cat9.gif

I got cramps in my hand and passed out while holding one of these while the local Open deathstalker made ready for 4 minutes. The "hold down for three seconds" operation is for the birds.

#13 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:05 PM

I spent about $200 on ShotMaxx 1...

$130 for the watch from DAA, then $25 to ship it back to Netherlands 3 months later because the beeper failed

$25 to ship the replacement back 2 months after that because the beeper on the replacement failed

No I will not buy another ShotMaxx #.

CED was handling the replacements...I don't know why you sent that shit 7000 miles away instead. 

#14 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:05 AM

I really like how easy it is to set the par times on the PP2, how is it on the 7000? The quicker the better since I do it often. I like that the 7000 can charge off of what I assume is USB, and that it isn't brick sized.

Whatever I get next needs to be reasonably weather proof too with light rain and temps in the 10s and below.

I hate buying timers...

It's pretty easy. Also it'll let you do custom par. Like say - start, then 1sec as your draw par, then another beep 1.2 sec later for a reload etc. and multi-par where you can set say 1sec for say par1-5 then 0.9 for 5. Then when you press start it'll run the 1 sec par. Each time you press start it'll progress (par2, par3 and so on) through the pars you set. It also has 'auto-par' but I have nfi what that is.

To set a par you pres menu, down button (once), then enter. You're now in par setting. Set the par then hit enter and it goes back to home screen ready to run.

Yes battery charged off USB cable or mains and lasts a good amount of time. And if you're the type who forgets to charge you can buy a little aa battery pack for about 10bux.

Fairly weather resistant as screen is not facing up when clipped to pocket or belt and silicone skins saves it from drops nicely.

I like that it stores multiple strings and is really easy to review.
  • Peally likes this

#15 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:07 AM

Yes the 'speed 3000' is the old school timer. Is not quite VHS tape size but it is large.

Yeah the hold down can be annoying if you commit too early. But if you just press and let go it does 3sec countdown then beep. Hold down is just for instant beep. Great beep on them though.

#16 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

Fairly weather resistant 

What "weather" have you had it in?

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#17 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

What "weather" have you had it in?

That's the kicker, weather to some is 70s year round. I need something that won't crap out sitting in my range bag in the trunk when your boogers freeze up.

#18 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

Is the CED 7000 notorious for crapping out in the cold, flex and Peally? Just curious, since mine has been in light rain a good bit and out in the Tennessee "cold" quite a few times, but that's only 30s to 40s.

#19 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:43 PM

Beats me, I'd like to know too ;)

#20 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

My weather question was for the yellow RU Ready timer.  I've had good luck with the CED 7000.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users