#41 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

Train for skills, train for motivation, train for guilt because you don't practice.

Who cares, TRAIN!

I am trying to practice much more rigorously but mix in periodic training (classes) to keep me on track. Plus I enjoy letting Ben remind me how bad I suck in spite of modest improvements because motivational.
  • Ben, Desk Pop, GuruOfGuns and 1 other like this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#42 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

I think RTB would put anything he picks up at the class to good use. He's pretty motivated to get gooder. Personally I would jump all over the chance take that class.

#43 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:14 AM

If you have the resources and time go for it. Competitors are in the game for the challenge, the challenge of competing, the challenge of becoming the best shooter you can, it's the satisfaction that comes from personal accomplishment. I think JJ should be an excellent coach he certainly has proven himself in steel shooting and has a good personality.

There is something to be learned from marathon shooting sessions that you don't get from "normal" sessions. It's easy to burn a lot of rounds practicing steel challenge especially if you have it all set up at a range and don't have to spend time resetting for different stages. I've done a lot of 1000 round days when the SC got close but there is a trap, you have to be careful that you don't shoot under "cruise control", SC is an accuracy match disguised as a speed contest and if you start shooting based on rhythm you can unconsciously let the basics slide and end up shooting fast and hitting little. With a coach keeping you honest you can keep learning.

• racetaco and Race taco's brother like this

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users