#41 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:09 AM

You took the quickest route to relative performance gains - moving from A6 to one of the other shittier map-filler areas.

An A6 C is anybody else's A.

• Stubb and TCB like this

On injured reserve.

#42 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

Lol!

That's what I thought, until I shot a match up here. Some talent up here for sure.

#43 seabass

seabass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:04 PM

Haven't posted in a while, so here is a progress report. Finally made B class and I feel like I'm doing really good for B! I have a good DF routine going. Most recent match I completely tanked. I knew what the classifier was going to be a month in advance and DFed the fuck out of it, but fucked it up anyways. I feel like I really lost my mental game because I had to stand around 1+ hr for a squad to finish. How do you guys keep your shit together during stage bottlenecks? Anytime I go through a bottleneck I end up getting pissed off and have a lets get this shot over with attitude for the rest of the day.

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

#44 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

Haven't posted in a while, so here is a progress report. Finally made B class and I feel like I'm doing really good for B! I have a good DF routine going. Most recent match I completely tanked. I knew what the classifier was going to be a month in advance and DFed the fuck out of it, but fucked it up anyways. I feel like I really lost my mental game because I had to stand around 1+ hr for a squad to finish. How do you guys keep your shit together during stage bottlenecks? Anytime I go through a bottleneck I end up getting pissed off and have a lets get this shot over with attitude for the rest of the day.

FWIW, I found myself tanking classifiers that I dryfired to death, and still observe many people doing that. I find it's best, for me, to DF it just a few times to get familiar and then move on. It allows me to treat it like any other stage. 

To point out the obvious, stop getting angry. Go put your feet up somewhere, eat some snacks, hydrate, check Instagram, and get back into game mode when it appears the other squad is nearing finish. Spending emotional energy on something you have zero control over is a tremendous waste. 

• Stubb and ralloway like this

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#45 seabass

seabass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:49 PM

El Pres day. Did approximately 15 runs of it. My best was an 8.21 HF, 6.09s 7A, 5C. Draw averaging ~1.2, reload averaging ~1.4, splits in low/mid .2s. Also working on my switch to both eyes open. I can shoot really well now with tape on top half of non-dominant eye lens. Getting closer to no tape.

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

#46 seabass

seabass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:23 PM

Good day of practice today except it got hot way too quickly.  Shot 200 rnds in about 3 hours.  Warmed up with bill drills and 4aces.  Ran the hitting the spot drill.  I was able to hit the spot pretty consistently but it took me too long to shoot the first target at the spot.  Spent, too much time confirming sights on a close partial.  Improved the times when I realized that and started shooting as soon as I got to the position.  My last run was over a second faster than when I started.  Pretty happy with the results.  Finished up running a few blake drills on some leftover classic targets.  Only 5 yards, but it was good to see 1 run under 2 seconds.

https://youtu.be/cXa-MtwDzF8

https://youtu.be/W55wHkJQSrU

https://youtu.be/q1NCDRco3oI

#47 seabass

seabass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:11 AM

Delayed diary post from last weekend practice. 7/28/2018

Warmed up with bill drill and 4 aces.

Bill drills felt good, averaged 2.17s on 5 runs.

4Aces, averaged 3.17s on 8 runs.  Hit a new personal record of 3.06s clean. (PR)

Worked on small movement.  Trying to improve on what I have noticed from match videos.  I will get to arrays/targets after movement and wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, settle/shoot.

I focused on having gun up and ready to shoot as soon as I arrived at shooting box, I felt pretty good about it, but my times were all over the place and did not have a trend of improving throughout the practice.  Not sure if I improved or not.  I was distracted from the focus of the drill with mikes on super close Tuxedo on draw.  Remembered that I have actually struggled with this before and recall a recent match that I miked a close Tuxedo on the draw.  All the mikes were bottom left C zone.  I think this is is a strong hand tension issue on my DA shot, but not sure and will analyze this further at my next practice.

Practice videos:

https://youtu.be/ZnLCZJzxi4U

https://youtu.be/60nIA9HR_V8

• Stubb likes this

#48 seabass

seabass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:33 AM

8/4/2018 Small 4-stage Club Match

Overall I felt good for my current level of skill.

1st Stage-  Steel was ok for the leaning required to engage.  Really disappointed in the first target array, shot way too slow on the bottom open targets.  Movement to the 2nd array and immediately engaging targets felt really good.

2nd Stage (classifier Times Two)-71.59%.  I'm pretty happy with this.  Mid B and I wasn't pushing to get a high score.  I feel like I could have gone a bit faster.

3rd Stage-1st array was awesome.  Garbage reload to array 2 and some strong hand tension on 3rd array.  Finished strong, had the gun up and started shooting immediately as soon as I arrived to position.  Guess that small movement practice from previous week helped.

4th Stage-  Took too long for that first target.  2nd array was good.  3rd array transitions were sloppy (I was trying to go fast).

#49 seabass

seabass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

TENSE TENSE TENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGRRRRGGG

Any advice on shooting relaxed and not tensing up.  It's been a recurring problem for me, I tense up a lot for stand and draw shooting (i.e. classifiers) and hosing type stages (close arrays with multiple shots).  I'll either get trigger freeze or sometimes be so tense that I don't transition smoothly to the next target.  Any advice is appreciated.

#50 ralloway

ralloway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGreensburg, PA

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:32 PM

I used to have the same thing but with any stage.

What I did to break out of this was to do 4-2-4 breathing (4s in, 2s pause, 4s out) for about 20-30s before "Make ready", shake out my hands at the end of my make ready and then during the "Are you ready? " I would ball up my toes and relax them again.

I would do this in dry fire, live fire practice and matches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

---------------------------------
He's just this guy... ya know?!
---------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users