Photo

Draw speed with different types of holsters.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

I used a race holster when I was shooting limited and now in open, so I only use kydex when I am shooting SS. I feel that I can be just as aggressive as getting to the gun with the race holster, and my draw is definetely faster.

Do I think that's because of the holster though? Nope, not one bit. I thinking because I dryfire 45 minutes a day with a race holster and only dig out the SS gun a few times a year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Skill trumps gear? Blasphemy. 

(P.S. that modified Blake Drill you shared on IG is a shit load of fun)

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#22 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

Skill trumps gear? Blasphemy. 

(P.S. that modified Blake Drill you shared on IG is a shit load of fun)

I know, especially for an open shooter to say such horrible things. My trial will be swift and my judgment severe. 

I'm glad you like that one, I have realized recently that I really need to get my transitions faster and really get my eyes in front of the gun. That seems to be helping. 

• SlivGod likes this

#23 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:46 AM

I use a ghost in limited and I know that I am no faster with it than I am with my production boss/bladetech combo.  I honestly wouldn't mind trying kydex for my limited gun, just haven't got around to it yet.

For the price of postage, bladetech will make their 5" holster fit a 5.4" gun...  So I have switched to kydex.  A couple of early observations:

I think my grip, draw stroke and index are more consistent out of the kydex and I'm less concerned about dumping my gun on the ground.  Another observation is that my Edge back up gun has possibly the thinnest bluing ever to be put on a firearm... one session and the muzzle is in the white.

#24 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

Another observation is that my Edge back up gun has possibly the thinnest bluing ever to be put on a firearm... one session and the muzzle is in the white.

the edges I have seen are pretty well-finished compared to my trojan, but I expect the edge will also eventually look like a well-used gun that we practice with.

• TCB likes this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#25 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

the edges I have seen are pretty well-finished compared to my trojan, but I expect the edge will also eventually look like a well-used gun that we practice with.

I've owned a couple of Les Baers and Baer seems to be notorious for thin blue... neither one of them wore through the finish in the first practice session like this edge did.

#26 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:03 AM

All the edges I've seen did have very thin blue.

#27 StrongHandOnly

StrongHandOnly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

I've owned a couple of Les Baers and Baer seems to be notorious for thin blue... neither one of them wore through the finish in the first practice session like this edge did.

So many Baer owners boast about that "I wore the bluing off" look. Bahahahahaaa! Like they ever shoot more than 1000 out of it in a lifetime. I wore my Baer down to bare metal in a week. Shitty bluing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

So many Baer owners boast about that "I wore the bluing off" look. Bahahahahaaa! Like they ever shoot more than 1000 out of it in a lifetime. I wore my Baer down to bare metal in a week. Shitty bluing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My single stack Baer was in the white from the mag release forward and the entire backstrap when i sold it.  My edge definitely sets a new standard for a shitty blue job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users