9 replies to this topic

#1 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:52 PM

Roland, famous among Timmies for being the only CAG soldier to openly post on gun forums (Primary & Secondary and before that Lightfighter), got hammered and shot his brother-in-law in the leg.   Roland is also know for 'inventing' the "Roland Special" (a G19 with RMR and comp of dubious value.)

http://registerguard...10-75/story.csp

A man identified by Eugene police as a reserve police officer from New Mexico has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor charges for shooting his brother-in-law in the leg last weekend.

Charles Michael Pressburg, 44, entered the pleas Friday in Lane County Circuit Court. Lane County prosecutors have charged him with negligently wounding another and fourth-degree assault.

Pressburg was arrested early Sunday morning after police were called to the 700 block of Rossmore Street in response to a reported gunshot wound.

Eugene police officer Neil Biallas wrote in a probable-cause affidavit filed in court that Pressburg’s blood-­alcohol level was measured at 0.253 percent roughly one hour after the shooting. That’s more than three times the level at which a driver is automatically considered to be intoxicated, under state law.

Biallas wrote that he arrived at the Rossmore Street home to find a 64-year-old man bleeding from a gunshot wound to one leg. Medics said the shot had broken bones in the leg, Biallas wrote. The victim’s sister recently married Pressburg, the affidavit says.

According to investigators, the victim said he and Pressburg had been drinking when Pressburg twice pulled out a gun. The victim said there was no confrontation between he and Pressburg and “he did not know why (Pressburg had) shot him,” according to the affidavit.

Biallas wrote that Pressburg appeared “highly intoxicated” and had initially said he did not know what had happened.

Pressburg then told Biallas that he had an “ND,” which prompted Biallas to ask “if by ‘ND’ he meant he shot (the victim) by accident, and he nodded his head up and down.” In law enforcement jargon, ND stands for “negligent discharge.”

Biallas said Pressburg “appeared hesitant to respond to my questions and disoriented.”

Pressburg’s wife, who also appeared intoxicated, told Biallas that “Pressburg just pulled his gun out and it accidentally went off and shot” the victim, the affidavit says.

Pressburg was lodged in the Lane County Jail but was released a short time later after posting $14,000 bail. Court records list his hometown as Vass, N.C.

Eugene police said that Pressburg is a reserve police officer with the Lake Arthur Police Department in New Mexico. Pressburg has been placed on administrative leave, police said.

Pressburg is scheduled to return to court for a pretrial conference on March 27.

He had just retired from .mil and has/had a training company called Presscheck Consulting (facebook page now deleted.)

#2 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:59 PM

The bigger story is that Lake Arthur, NM, population 436, made him a reserve police officer.  Roland lives in NC.  He's not going to bum fuck New Mexico to work shifts as a patrolman. Ernest Langdon apparently used to be a reserve cop there to (or there but never there, I assume.) There are some other hints online that there are other Lake Arthur reserve police running around. 

I reckon the chief down there is a nuthugger that handed out badges to tactical trainers or guys from SMUs as a favor to them.  The "reserve officers" benefit from LEOSA nationwide concealed carry privileges and perhaps the ability to buy NFA items.   

The police department consists solely of  Chief William Norwood, who is also an officer in a nearby town.  So its not even a full time gig for the chief.

#3 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:14 PM

See now that's why I no longer pay attention to any of those fuckups

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#4 shreek

shreek

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

Lots of places in AZ/NM will make you a 'reserve officer' for just a minor contribution to the re-election fund.  That's to make sure you're a good guy.

• SlivGod, Yard Sale and Peally like this

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#5 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

Nothing about decapitation or Thompson SMG, I am disappointed.

• Sad Sack likes this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#6 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

Ah, local Oregon drama. 

Coming out of Eugene, I would expect no less.

• Nimrod and eahill85 like this

#7 Pat Taylor

Pat Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

Lots of places in AZ/NM will make you a 'reserve officer' for just a minor contribution to the re-election fund.  That's to make sure you're a good guy.

Same in Kentucky

#8 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:34 AM

Nothing about decapitation or Thompson SMG, I am disappointed.

Caviar to the General.

Most of these kids weren't even alive in 1978. 

#9 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:45 AM

When they formed the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, whole segments of redneck 'society' took that as meaning that all three must be used simultaneously, a mindset that continues today.

• GuruOfGuns likes this
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#10 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:50 AM

When they formed the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, whole segments of redneck 'society' took that as meaning that all three must be used simultaneously, a mindset that continues today.

I'm purty sho they have a drive thru winder now too.

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users