22 replies to this topic

#1 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

20% of the field has DQed at the Florida State IDPA championship. From what I'm hearing, there were several stages with dq traps and over the berm muzzle violations. DQ traps are unacceptable, the MD and RD should be held accountable for poor design if this is true. Over the berm muzzle dq is dumb.

#2 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

Link to results? 

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#3 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

Who cares.
  • eahill85, Mistadobalina, Copperhead and 2 others like this

#4 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

Retards gonna retard.

• phil datpus, Part Of Me and racetaco like this

#5 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

Link to results?

No practiscore link. Seems it's closed. Same goes for the main IDPA site. Go to the moderated IDPA page on fb there is a couple of long threads.

#6 Not Will

Not Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

the MD and RD should be held accountable for poor design if this is true

Amen, we can't have people thinking IDPA officiating is capricious and subject to local rules.  Why, it would bring the organization into disrepute!

#7 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

IDPA is the most transparent and consistently governed sport; don't know why you guys are always bagging on it.

#8 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

Stage design is done by the md and approved by the Rd. Why shouldn't they be accountable?

As far as the tribal rule of the muzzle/berm, there is a procedure in place to account for them. Apparently they weren't followed. So yeah, the local rules are bringing the the org into disrepute. If you are going to insist the shooters not reload how they normally would, then you need to have that out there so people can train. You are asking the shooter to change their mechanics on the fly and that is unacceptable.

#9 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

Stage design is done by the md and approved by the Rd. Why shouldn't they be accountable?

As far as the tribal rule of the muzzle/berm, there is a procedure in place to account for them. Apparently they weren't followed. So yeah, the local rules are bringing the the org into disrepute. If you are going to insist the shooters not reload how they normally would, then you need to have that out there so people can train. You are asking the shooter to change their mechanics on the fly and that is unacceptable.

I'm sorry but reloading with you gun pointed over the berm could send rounds towards friendlies in defensive situations. This shouldn't be a "tribal" rule issue - it should be the norm in a sport that closely mimics defensive shooting situations and holds shooters accountable for every round.

#10 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

What kind of cookies did they have?

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#11 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

I'm sorry but reloading with you gun pointed over the berm could send rounds towards friendlies in defensive situations. This shouldn't be a "tribal" rule issue - it should be the norm in a sport that closely mimics defensive shooting situations and holds shooters accountable for every round.

If they were closely mimicking defensive shooting situations, they wouldn't even acknowledge the berm's existence.  Or is there something I don't know about giant dirt piles beginning to appear in food courts nationwide? 

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#12 Copperhead

Copperhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

Why is there a idpa section on this forum.
Suarez Shooting Team

#13 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Why is there a idpa section on this forum.

Because it's fun going to idpa matches and crush balls. More importantly it's fun to bag on them.

#14 Copperhead

Copperhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

So it's like gay bashing?
Suarez Shooting Team

#15 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

So revolver should dq on every reload?

#16 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

So it's like gay bashing?

No I don't think so, nobody is born a idpa shooter.
  • Surfer and chachacha like this

#17 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

If they were closely mimicking defensive shooting situations, they wouldn't even acknowledge the berm's existence.  Or is there something I don't know about giant dirt piles beginning to appear in food courts nationwide? 

You were trolled

LOL

• peterthefish likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#18 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

So revolver should dq on every reload?

No.  Revolver should DQ on principle alone before the match even starts.

• SlivGod and HerpesDeluxe like this

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#19 redrider

redrider

lolcow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

yep, and they gave out over 500 procedural calls as well. so much for fault lines....

there were no dq traps there. there were three seated draws. don't sweep your leg moron. problem solved.

there were multiple door and prop manipulations. don't point the gun at your other hand dummy. problem solved.

the dq's are a shooter problem pure and simple.

the pe calls are the result of using the same so-so SO's and doing fault lines wrong.

• Nimrod likes this

#20 ny32182

ny32182

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

Seated draws - whatever... mostly blame the shooter but I thought sweeping your leg was allowed now.  It is virtually unavoidable with many IDPA holsters.

Prop manipulations - on the shooter.

POINTING the muzzle over the berm DQs with no round fired during a reload?  I don't know if they did, but they need to publish that shit in the match book so people can avoid the match.

Some folks were looking at starting up a USPSA club at a range near Charlotte, and during the process it came out that this was a "club rule" there too.  I think they went back and forth for a bit, but after a while, they decided no USPSA there.  That is the right decision.  No reason to get involved with a club that has that level of douche rocketry going on up front.  It is never going to get any better after you get started.

• Ben, Twinkie and HerpesDeluxe like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users