#1 SneakyPayload

SneakyPayload

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

So Long story short I got pissed, and tired of the pants on head stupid IDPA club here in town.  I have had friends bug me to make the switch to USPSA, and finally did it.  Well, I knew a G19 wasn't going to really cut it, so here comes the new gun fairy.

I bought a Sig P320 on a killer deal (fullsize, 5 mags) shot it.  Taking the chance, I would honestly say in my opinion its the best striker-fired turd of the bunch (for now).  I ordered a GGI trigger and some basepads for it, and got the nifty SP red grip tape, because hell, if you are going to shoot USPSA, might as well be super fab doing it.  Ordered a set of LPA sights, and polished up some of the contact points.  I have another grip module on the way that is going to get stippled, but so far I really like this gun.  I also ordered the GGI fat guiderod, and it came with the 15 lbs recoil spring.  On that note, anyone run this guiderod in the P320?  How does it do with 9mm loads?

Im going to the USPSA match on 3/11, so we shall see how many dicks I suck while im there.  Im guessing I get my ass whooped, but itll only be my 2nd match ever.  Attached File  rsz_img_0144.jpg   114.02KB   62 downloads

#2 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:59 AM

Don't get the grip stippled unless you do it yourself. It's not worth the money that most "pros" charge, and it isn't as effective as glue and grit. I know a guy who does that work on P320s.
The guide rod is good. I have been using a 14 lb ISMI most often. I also got a hold of a tungsten version of the same guide rod that makes a sweet addition to any CO rig but they are hard to come by and are just about too heavy for Production.
  • SneakyPayload likes this

#3 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

By the way, stippling a P320 grip in IDPA will put you into ESP since IDPA ruled that the grip module wasn't a readily replaceable grip part. Yes, that's right, that $35 grip isn't a readily replaceable grip part...it's the entire grip. Semantics.

#4 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:20 AM

Sounds like the p320 is excellent with a simple change of the sights, trigger mechanism, recoil mechanism, frame, and texture.

I'd be nervous about going to the match without having changed the barrel. The goal in production is not, of course, to shoot an affordable gun recognizing results will be largely based on your preparation and performance.

No the goal is to spend at least the original purchase price or more in new parts in an effort to create a "George Washington's Axe" - the head has been replaced twice and the the handle three times but it's still the same axe - in which the new gat is called production but in reality has no parts it was produced with originally. It's hard to get there 100 percent but you are making a great effort.
  • Stubb, Perfecto, RDS and 10 others like this

On injured reserve.

#5 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:01 AM

Stock sights on a 320 are dumb, definitely change them. Extractor springs on a 320 are dumb, keep a spare. Trigger return springs on a 320 are dumb, also keep a spare.

#6 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:16 AM

Sounds like the p320 is excellent with a simple change of the sights, trigger mechanism, recoil mechanism, frame, and texture.

Shows how far superior and important  Glocks are. All of the above plus extended mag release, butt plug, magazine base plates, an occasional beavertail, with a dash of gold colored  barrels here and there shining through tasteful slide lightening windows. It's like 0.5% of the GDP right there.

• GuruOfGuns and Buck Turgidson like this
Bonafide asshole

#7 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hasn't even shot 2 matches, buys a new gun, and is already fucking around with every third part on the gun. Makes sense.

• Nimrod, poopgiggle, dravz and 5 others like this

#8 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

I have had friends bug me to make the switch to USPSA, and finally did it.  Well, I knew a G19 wasn't going to really cut it,

Good to know.

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#9 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

Gun doesn't matter. You'll be just fine with a Sig 320.

Shoot one shot at a time in the A zone as fast as you can and you'll be just fine.
I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#10 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

Stock sights on a 320 are dumb, definitely change them. Extractor springs on a 320 are dumb, keep a spare. Trigger return springs on a 320 are dumb, also keep a spare.

Doesn't that make the whole entire gun.......dumb?

• Nimrod likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#11 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

Hasn't even shot 2 matches, buys a new gun, and is already fucking around with every third part on the gun. Makes sense.

Definitely a USPSA guy. Definitely a Production guy.

• LeadChucker, peterthefish, Peally and 1 other like this

#12 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Doesn't that make the whole entire gun.......dumb?

Yes it does, that's why uncle sucker chose it as the mostest dumb gun since the m9.

#13 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

The humor is in the truth of this post

Gotta love it

#14 SneakyPayload

SneakyPayload

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:13 AM

The humor is in the truth of this post
Gotta love it

I aim to please the doodie gods. Might as well fit the stereotype if possible.

#15 SneakyPayload

SneakyPayload

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:15 AM

True story, but I've put about 1500 rounds down the gun (purchased a bit ago) and even I could tell the stock sights suck assholes. I already had the LPA sight from another sig (226) that were never installed, and knew I wanted to be able to change recoil spring weights if I wanted to.

Besides, I want to be fab motherfucker. Don't kill my jazz.

#16 SneakyPayload

SneakyPayload

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:18 AM

Don't get the grip stippled unless you do it yourself. It's not worth the money that most "pros" charge, and it isn't as effective as glue and grit. I know a guy who does that work on P320s.
The guide rod is good. I have been using a 14 lb ISMI most often. I also got a hold of a tungsten version of the same guide rod that makes a sweet addition to any CO rig but they are hard to come by and are just about too heavy for Production.

Thanks bruh. Also, how many handies for an x5 p320? I'm free and smell good in the dark.

#17 SneakyPayload

SneakyPayload

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:23 AM

I'd be nervous about going to the match without having changed the barrel. The goal in production is not, of course, to shoot an affordable gun recognizing results will be largely based on your preparation and performance.
No the goal is to spend at least the original purchase price or more in new parts in an effort to create a "George Washington's Axe" - the head has been replaced twice and the the handle three times but it's still the same axe - in which the new gat is called production but in reality has no parts it was produced with originally. It's hard to get there 100 percent but you are making a great effort.

totally agreed dude. I mean I def need to change the barrel too. I'm going to call Yeager for advice on Friday before the match, and see if he can get me a barrel overnighted. I'm glad you reminded me, I would have been fucked with some pleb-tier level 0 barrel. Should I just go ahead and use g2rip ammo too? Theoretically, if I shoot through barricades it will prefragment, and I should have a good chance of getting a 2a hit with one bullet, sort of like two birds, one stone... right?
  • Trigger Warning likes this

#18 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:00 AM

Kool Aid anyone? 

I heard Leena is going to dye her hair purple and start signing posters too.

Need one and a jersey to go with it. 

#19 SneakyPayload

SneakyPayload

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:04 AM

Kool Aid anyone? 
I heard Leena is going to dye her hair purple and start signing posters too.
Need one and a jersey to go with it.

You lost son?

#20 SneakyPayload

SneakyPayload

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:19 AM

Yea I have a soldering iron and it doesn't look too difficult. A buddy of mine is really good at it, so he gets the large and med grip module I ordered.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P320, Shitstain, USPSA, IPDAsucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users