28 replies to this topic

#1 chewgotit

chewgotit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

I'm not a USPSA member yet, though I will likely join before I shoot my first club match. Does anybody here actually become a Life Member? Is the active competition lifecycle for most members greater than 12.5 years? What about the 3 year/5 year terms, any takers? I don't know that saving $5 a year (the discount for 3 and 5 year terms) is really worth it to me, though it would be mildly convenient to not have to renew on an annual schedule.

I'm also thinking about what membership term to get for my 12.5 year old son. For him, it is reasonable to think that if he wanted to remain active in USPSA he could be shooting for more than 12.5 years, but on the other hand he's a punk-ass kid and nobody knows what the hell he's going to be into after 3 or 5 years. 

pronounced "chew got it" not "chew go tit"

#2 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:40 AM

I'm 24. When I renew this year, I will go with a Life membership because it's well worth it. 

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#3 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

I'm 40, going to get  a 3 year when I renew... and during that period of time, I will either earn that G card  or retire.

• SlivGod likes this

#4 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:43 AM

I've been an annual member since 1997. Got to have that threat of not getting my $40 or they have no incentive to not do stupid shit.

• SlivGod, barry owens, Buck Turgidson and 1 other like this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#5 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

I've been an annual member since 1997. Got to have that threat of not getting my $40 or they have no incentive to not do stupid shit.

Yeah, like that comes up a lot in BOD meetings.  

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#6 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

chewy,

Nobody here is over the age of 12.

I'm also thinking about what membership term to get for my 12.5 year old son. 

How about you get that leech mowing yards or something.  He can pay for his own membership, bullets, etc.  

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#7 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

I will likely get a 3 year next renewal just for the sake of not needing to pay attention to yearly renewals (but I'm too cheap to get the lifer options).

For your kid I would just go with annual. Even if he's into it now he may completely lose interest when a preferred ladyfriend or school sport comes along.

#8 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:38 PM

Did you put this much thought into your NAMBLA membership?
  • barry owens, BenB, aceinyerface and 1 other like this

#9 eahill85

eahill85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationOn the toilet, hiding from my children

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

Man Boy Love, or Marlan Brando?
  • Motosapiens likes this
Taking a doodie while on doodieđź’©

#10 chewgotit

chewgotit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

Naw. NAMBLA rejected me on account of the assholes I'm associated with on doodie. 

How about you get that leech mowing yards or something.  He can pay for his own membership, bullets, etc.  

The leech does his fair share of chores, including the mowing, taking care of the chickens, dishes, laundry. He's earned his opportunity with grades and a mostly in-check attitude. Once those slip, he'll be out of shooting until he fixes it. Also, he's my very own trained brass-collecting/cleaning monkey.

• Buck Turgidson and ralloway like this

#11 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

The leech does his fair share of chores, including the mowing, taking care of the chickens, dishes, laundry. He's earned his opportunity with grades and a mostly in-check attitude. Once those slip, he'll be out of shooting until he fixes it. Also, he's my very own trained brass-collecting/cleaning monkey.

It sounds like you are raising a fine daughter.  Carry on.

• warpspeed and racetaco like this

#12 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

You can still shoot locals without any membershit.  Unless you or your kid has aspirations to shoot outside of that sphere there is no reason to get one other than having your classifiers count towards some sort of inane bragging rights which don't come into play until you reach M or better.  Get the free classifier calculator app and save $80 a year.

• chewgotit likes this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#13 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

I'm a Life Member

Been saving money for a while now

#14 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

Ball up and get him a B member number to show the proles he's legit.
  • BenB likes this

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#15 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

I'm a Life Member
Been saving money for a while now

At the rate you are burning through slide mounted optics I'd say this was a wise decision.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#16 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

At the rate you are burning through slide mounted optics I'd say this was a wise decision.

What is wrong with his slide mounted optics?  

#17 chewgotit

chewgotit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

You can still shoot locals without any membershit.  Unless you or your kid has aspirations to shoot outside of that sphere there is no reason to get one other than having your classifiers count towards some sort of inane bragging rights which don't come into play until you reach M or better.  Get the free classifier calculator app and save $80 a year.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Vag. We don't have those aspirations yet, so we're going to stay local for now. 

On a side note, I've decided to follow GooldMember's advice on a different thread and just go shoot my first match now, see how bad I suck and start to get gooder. My son still needs to get past putting his finger on the trigger all the time. Once the safety aspect is branded into his head, he'll be out there with me. 

#18 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

Try it out for sure, but if you end up enjoying the game don't be the cheapass that doesn't pony up for a paltry $25 membership.

#19 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

Try it out for sure, but if you end up enjoying the game don't be the cheapass that doesn't pony up for a paltry $25 membership.

Yes the Frontsight e-mag is worth that and more.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#20 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Vag. We don't have those aspirations yet, so we're going to stay local for now. 

On a side note, I've decided to follow GooldMember's advice on a different thread and just go shoot my first match now, see how bad I suck and start to get gooder. My son still needs to get past putting his finger on the trigger all the time. Once the safety aspect is branded into his head, he'll be out there with me.

My kid would have gotten over the finger on trigger thing the first time I punched him in the face.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: membership, this is stupid, noob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users