102 replies to this topic

#41 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

Must have been a pretty thin field to put up a finish like that.

I was surprised myself. Although finishing with Jim Meyers, James Mcginty, and David Olhasso in the top 3 (forgive me for not knowing who Robert Evans is sitting in second place) Im pleased with shooting 1 second off of two of those above names

#42 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:12 AM

Nah you killed it dude. Even beat a Real GM or two.

#43 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

I was reading Hwansiks diary on enos and liked his ACED focuses. It helped me execute drills in dryfire yesterday by saying ACED (accuracy, consistency, efficiency, discipline.) before the drill. I seemed to focus more on the drill instead of just blazing mindlessly through it over and over again. Im going to shoot the match this weekend with ACED as my focus in hopes that I can efficiently execute my stage plans.

#44 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:42 AM

So question, DQ? Should I have stopped myself? Idk I'm green.

Chirpies are expected in Open 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:39 AM

Uspsa is hard.. last weekends match went ok but not great. I need to pick up my aggressiveness but stay focused and not get sloppy. A bunch of times I caught myself aiming at the wrong spot on the target and accepting to low c's or D hits. Still limp wristing instead of gripping the shit out of the gun. My hits really open up when im limp wristing it. I had a couple of dumb mistakes, discipline and consistency were lacking.

#46 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:47 AM

Shot in the rain yesterday for a short 4 stage match. I didnt get any match video to review but I felt sloppy while shooting. shooting on the move needs work and I'm going to work on entering and exiting shooting areas specifically boxes.

Notes from my latest dry fire sessions,  I need to take my dryfire back into the basement. My house is small and getting chased around by the dog is distracting.

#47 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

Tried out some Fixed time drills out of skills and drills book. They are depicted as "easy" but they werent to me. It took me 3 runs to not go over the 4 second time limit and I never hit the points goal for drill. The next fixed time drill was 50 yards 40 and 30yards which I found surprisingly fun and was already warmed up so it actually went rather well. I noticed when trying to draw fast at 7 yards Im too tense and end up with a slow ass draw. sometimes over 1 sec. But out at 50 yards I could hit 1.4 -1.5 draws which I felt was acceptable. Im working on not tensing up too much when drawing on super close targets.

#48 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:32 AM

Yesterdays practice was basically a waste of 300 rounds. Nothing was going right. I almost packed it up after the first 100 rounds and just called it a day but the stubbornness in me wouldnt stop. I was running front sight classifier because skills and drills told me to. It didnt go well. I'm going to just brush off yesterday as a wash and if its not raining too hard when I get out of work today I'm making another trip down to the range. Ive shot four classifiers so far and initially classified in open at B class.

Another B class scrub here just trying to crawl to A. At least that makes my goal setting easier, Make A class.

#49 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:43 AM

Dryfire has been non existent for almost a week. I need to get back to it even if its with a gun that makes me feel sour. its just a tool and the Custom gun builder drama is negatively affecting my practice. That needs to stop. I posted my open gun for sale to have peace of mind but this whole ordeal has left a sour taste in my mouth and the lack of a quick sale is dragging out. I cant quite say lesson learned because I should have taken the hints from the start and from reading the thread on worst gun builders lol but lets just say another can be added to the list. Dryfire will continue tonight and live fire on Thursdays will resume.

#50 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:59 AM

Who's the builder?

#51 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:28 AM

And where is it for sale?

#52 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:29 AM

For sale on Enos. The only Atlas gun for sale on there.

#53 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

Also its listed up for discussion on Facebook pages. You know to discuss.

#54 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

Who's the builder?

And where is it for sale?

I will be very vocal about my ordeal but I want the gun to sell first so I get some cash back. That is hypocritical but I dont really care.

I already requested a refund and was denied. 

#55 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

Who's the builder?

Adam at Atlas

#56 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

And they market their shit as "top shelf". I started shooting 2011's, but the custom 'tooning', seeing guys make GM with glocks, and the 2011 tax made me ditch that shit.

#57 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

The custom gun making world is retarded. But I'm not shooting open with a glock so here I am dishing out the few clams I have for a raced up super tooned gun. It's a struggle.

#58 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

It seems like they all run into problems when they try to grow their business with the addition of the semi-custom pre-made deals.  

I'm shooting a CK that I ended up re-fitting a couple parts (thumb safety and comp) to make it work right.  I'm pretty sure whoever fit the grip safety was a bit buzzed, but it's not worth the hassle to get it "fixed" since I plan to shoot it until it falls apart anyways.

#59 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

I had every intention of shooting this thing till it fell apart until I was yelled at the over the phone aggressively and told I "better watch what I say Before you piss me off" I gave the guy almost 6000$ for a gun and the first time i question something I'm told to call him, so I do expecting a normal response and instead it was greeted with a verbal fight. I can't remember the last time I was as mad as I was when I hung up on him. I'll make a thread devoted to the topic soon lol. I took notes on what was said directly after I hung up so I didn't forget. I was dumbfounded that's for sure.

#60 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:11 PM

You're ditching the gun cause he's a dick then?  Good luck with the sale.  For whatever it's worth, there was a rash of custom builder /open gun drama at one of the clubs I shot at back in VA.   One dude was getting no communication on a late build from Akai, which subsequently didn't run right, I started having feeding problems on a Czechmate (eventually figured it out) and was looking for a backup/something new.  

The consensus on best course of action seemed to be 9mm: Limcat, 38SC: Infinity.  I had already impulse bought the CK at that point.  It worked out, but based on the examples of the previous two that I've shot, I can't say that it's bad advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users