102 replies to this topic

#101 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:03 PM

Shot the last match of the season for my home club today. Fell back into bad habits though of poorly gripping the gun. Compared to the start of this season, I’m getting better at executing stage plans so that’s a plus.

I need to up the sense of urgency in all departments. I feel like I execute stage plans at a far too comfortable pace.
Grip harder, do everything faster, and move more efficiently. Easy peasy.

Oh and I also need to learn how to aim at the Fucking a zone. Deltas are trash.

#102 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:46 AM

I shot an indoor match which was nice since I got to shoot even though it snowed 6" the day before the match. What I took from the match is that I'm pretty terrible. The going trend of poorly gripping the gun continued. I have to put more attention towards this issue.

The match was 4 stages. one 32 round stage, one 34 round stage, classifier eye of the tiger, and a short two target. I had fun since I was able to shoot a match in December, but the stages were a little over the top on round count/no-shoots. All I could think about when going through the walk through was the thread on here about what makes a good stage.Im not saying these are bad stages, but, yea no shoots like a mofo ....32 and 34 round stages with about 50 no-shoot targets each stage... IMO this falls into the category of less is more.

Anyways, back to my sucking. I zeroed the classifier eye of the tiger, 3 mikes. So that's cool. I finally got some match video to showcase my suckage. Its not much but its better than nothing.  I don't really practice partials all that much and that was apparent yesterday. Video shows my lack of discipline in reacting to the start beep in matches too. I cant say I gathered a whole lot other than I need to practice more to get myself to a level that I can appreciate. Ninja-like performance is a long ways away. 

#103 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

I haven't updated this in a while, pretty much because I haven't been shooting or practicing all that much. I have shot one local match since the indoor one above and one major which was Area 7 this past weekend. I had fun, and finished better than I expected. We had a small squad I and didn't want to bother anyone with being my camera man so I regrettably have no match footage. Short term goal is I would like to make M in the near future,  but unless a classifier match pops up that might be a stretch. Without surprise, my goal setting skills still suck, and I am pretty much just as bad at shooting as I was 6-7 months ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users