• chachacha, GuanoLoco, Will and 1 other like this

#2 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

Oh, I've had both. The video missed the best part, the breakage of the Dillon 1050 and service.

Ammobot short stroking due to a stoppage can fuck up the home sensor, which can bend easily or work itself loose. That typically wrecks the primer arm and or shell plate, because there are no fucks given and the handle is coming fucking down, period. Buy primer punch pins in bulk. Shit is violent, I broke the fucking powder measure.

Contacting Ammobot for said events leads to, "you must not have set it up right". Apparently shit must always be perfect in Ammobotland, because, as we all know, that is how real life is. Thank the sweet baby Jesus that someone bought that thing at near what I paid for it.

The Mark 7 X is not a bull in a china shop, when shit goes sideways, it just stops. I still break an occasional primer pin, same dumbass setting it up and operating it, but no repairs needed. I've ran about 30,000 rds and I cannot seem to find a way to break it, which I am usually pretty effective doing.

Believe me, you WILL spend the money you think you are saving going cheap, you will just be spending it with Dillon.

(Not a shill for mk7)
  • Alma likes this

#3 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:51 AM

Nice!!

I believe I've been on the track with your Porsche at VIR a few times. You still have that one?

I'd say the Mark VII is like a Porsche whereas the Bot is an old chevy pick-up.

#4 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:29 AM

Oh, I've had both. The video missed the best part, the breakage of the Dillon 1050 and service.

Ammobot short stroking due to a stoppage can fuck up the home sensor, which can bend easily or work itself loose. That typically wrecks the primer arm and or shell plate, because there are no fucks given and the handle is coming fucking down, period. Buy primer punch pins in bulk. Shit is violent, I broke the fucking powder measure.

Contacting Ammobot for said events leads to, "you must not have set it up right". Apparently shit must always be perfect in Ammobotland, because, as we all know, that is how real life is. Thank the sweet baby Jesus that someone bought that thing at near what I paid for it.

The Mark 7 X is not a bull in a china shop, when shit goes sideways, it just stops. I still break an occasional primer pin, same dumbass setting it up and operating it, but no repairs needed. I've ran about 30,000 rds and I cannot seem to find a way to break it, which I am usually pretty effective doing.

Believe me, you WILL spend the money you think you are saving going cheap, you will just be spending it with Dillon.

(Not a shill for mk7)

Dayum!  That's pretty scary.  It comes with the crank position sensor now, but that doesn't seem like the failure mode you're talking about.  I've had a lot of stoppages over my use period due to 9mm failing to eject primers and screwing up at the primer station (can't believe I didn't blow one) and sometimes a 9mm dropping onto the 38sc plate.  I've replaced a  pawl but nothing else.

I was pretty surprised at the Mark 7 stopping so delicately on the low and medium clutch settings (i usually use medium).  The difference in jam response is probably more important than I recognized it to be with a blow out like you had.

#5 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:35 AM

Nice!!

I believe I've been on the track with your Porsche at VIR a few times. You still have that one?

I'd say the Mark VII is like a Porsche whereas the Bot is an old chevy pick-up.

No I've been off the track for a while unfortunately.  Coming back to VIR in July just for giggles though with the Rezoom guys.

With Ace's experience, your analogy may be closer than I would have thought.  However, the LTE, being nerfed as it is, negates some advantages that the regular Mark 7 has.  Also, I have to say I've loaded a now considerable amount of ammo on the ammobot and it is still rolling strong.  The Mark 7 is a fine product though.  I'm thinking about reconfiguring my set up and may get another one.  Decision time this weekend.  The jam handling is excellent, and I do like that it is a lot quieter and has guards, among its other attributes.

#6 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:18 AM

Awesome review! MK7 FTMFW

#7 Thunder Nuggets

Thunder Nuggets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

i have got to quit reading and watching vidyas about robot 1050's....

#8 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

Dayum!  That's pretty scary.  It comes with the crank position sensor now, but that doesn't seem like the failure mode you're talking about.  I've had a lot of stoppages over my use period due to 9mm failing to eject primers and screwing up at the primer station (can't believe I didn't blow one) and sometimes a 9mm dropping onto the 38sc plate.  I've replaced a  pawl but nothing else.

I was pretty surprised at the Mark 7 stopping so delicately on the low and medium clutch settings (i usually use medium).  The difference in jam response is probably more important than I recognized it to be with a blow out like you had.

Oh, I forgot the primer issues. It couldn't tell the primer didn't drop, so it swaged that fucker deep into the primer pocket, then tried to shove another primer on top of that. Popped a few, never chain-fired the entire tube, ruined some underwear.

I have the Mk7X so I get 1-10 for my clutch, I use 3, 1 is so light that it stops for bulged cases. Index as high as it will go, top dwell of 1, bottom dwell 0. Not faster than 1500

#9 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

Oh, I forgot the primer issues. It couldn't tell the primer didn't drop, so it swaged that fucker deep into the primer pocket, then tried to shove another primer on top of that. Popped a few, never chain-fired the entire tube, ruined some underwear.
I have the Mk7X so I get 1-10 for my clutch, I use 3, 1 is so light that it stops for bulged cases. Index as high as it will go, top dwell of 1, bottom dwell 0. Not faster than 1500

Have you installed the tie wraps? I have that and the F&FB shell plate. I WAS getting 1500 max and running 1800-2100 setting the dialing it way back (top dwell 1, index 4-6, bottom dwell 0).
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#10 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:36 AM

I put the zip ties on. I can run faster, but shit happens faster than I can respond to.

If I see the MBF failed to turn a round, I can often catch it before it gets loaded if it isn't moving too quickly.

If I'm dryfiring or loading on the 550 while running the Mk7, I'll often set it on 900, it just makes for less stoppages.

#11 adoo

adoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:11 AM

when I load at 1800 its like a roller coaster, trying to watch it is just.. yeah :P shit shit shit 

#12 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

Gotta open up the throttle and blow the carbon out.
  • Flexmoney likes this

In Doodie, Veritas.

#13 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

Gotta open up the throttle and blow the carbon out.

You can be Vice President in charge of that

#14 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:51 AM

*not trolling*

900/hr is a good rate, unless you are babysitting it?  Even then, you get some stoppages?  What is the usual nature and frequency of these stoppages?  (wondering if they could be culled somehow earlier in the process)

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#15 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

Brass Prep.  Brass Prep.  Brass Prep.  Press Tooning.

In Doodie, Veritas.

#16 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

My stoppages are catching 380s before they dump into my finished rounds and cover everything in powder and the occasional upside down bullet that drops out of the mr bullet feeder. My case feeder occasionally drops a case upside down but when it tries to index an upside down case the case shoots itself out and flies across the room, which = Problem solved

#17 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:06 PM

Brass Prep.  Brass Prep.  Brass Prep.  Press Tooning.

^^ This

Stoppages are generally, in order of occuring-

MBF dropped a bullet backwards (might be able to screw with it to improve this) (3/100)

Bullet fell off the case (could probably tune the press better, cut springs, etc...) (1/100)

Dillon Case feeder got stuck. (1/500)

Bad brass/ berdan/ .380 (all on you, prep brass) (1/500)

Failed to punch a primer all the way out (1/1000)

Brass fucks up in station 1 (falls upside down, launches across room, goes in shell plate cockeyed, etc) (1/5000) breaks a primer pin from time to time.

#18 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

*not trolling*

900/hr is a good rate, unless you are babysitting it?  Even then, you get some stoppages?  What is the usual nature and frequency of these stoppages?  (wondering if they could be culled somehow earlier in the process)

900/hr IS a good rate while multitasking. That is a week's worth of shooting in 1 hour, while I am doing something else that I was going to do anyway.

You can spend hours tuning it, but then... did you save time or did you just reallocate the time back into the press?

I am sure there are tricks to make the press run better, I could spend hours scouring the forums trying to find them, but is that saving time or just reallocating it?

I'm all ears, but it REALLY doesn't matter to me if I do 900 or 2000 in 1 hour. I am going to dryfire or load on a 550 whether I finish sooner or not.

#19 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:25 AM

900/hr IS a good rate while multitasking. That is a week's worth of shooting in 1 hour, while I am doing something else that I was going to do anyway.

You can spend hours tuning it, but then... did you save time or did you just reallocate the time back into the press?

I am sure there are tricks to make the press run better, I could spend hours scouring the forums trying to find them, but is that saving time or just reallocating it?

I'm all ears, but it REALLY doesn't matter to me if I do 900 or 2000 in 1 hour. I am going to dryfire or load on a 550 whether I finish sooner or not.

Why are you still using the 550?

#20 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:10 AM

Why are you still using the 550?

I still shoot other calibers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users