99 replies to this topic

#81 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Somebody pointed out today that my sound test was flawed also in that no one would ever stand that close to that flailing handle, and that's a fair point.  Certainly if operated with my exclusive safety first activating poking stick, the ammobot is safe and non-deafening.

The doodie is strong in this post. Multi-faceted doodie.

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#82 getloaded

getloaded

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:54 AM

That meter must be a leftover from his suppressor business, you know where people had to sue him to get their money back since he took their money and didn't deliver suppressors.

So since you like to continually slander me about my suppressor business let me set the record straight.  1. the business is still in operation and transferring silencers everyday to satisfied customers.  We currently have over 150 in the safes right now waiting on stamps.  2. Since you want to go dig around VGT for threads, you might want to do some real research to find out what the real story was behind all of it...let's just say there was some competitors involved in it as well as some illegal shit going down on that website.  3. Law suits...exactly one. Customer had his S/N on day one, was told it was here and to come shoot it whenever he wanted, ATF told him it was not in their system, contacted manufacturer who told him it was sold to me on the day he bought it, stamp showed up three weeks after we settled and we have the picture of the stamp to prove it.  4. We have a deep documentation trail of the fuckery from ATF on silencers and how they were targeting us for our challenges to them.  We are still cleaning up their mess with records.  When you actually start pulling records from them under FOIA, you find out just how badly they are being kept.  Just because they have issued you a stamp, don't expect that that S/N is in the database.   Now let the typical Doodie shit flinging begin.

#83 getloaded

getloaded

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

I admit I am biased now. Having bought all machines and tried them I am biased in favor of Mark 7 due to features, performance, and ammobot butthurt.

I have a used ammobot for sale for anyone who is unbiased, which I take to mean fervently convinced of 100% ammobot superiority in every conceivable way.

My research is not whether Mark 7 is the most awesome home automated reloader avaible - it is - but rather how and by how much it exceeds what can only in the most generous terms be called competition.

Especially now that Mark 7 has 69 buck a month financing that probably can be hidden from a spouse, even the dweller of the most modest single wide who contemplates reloading should have this technology. It's less than cable tv, probably.

If you actually want to sell it, we can put you in touch with commercial guys that will buy it from you. They love them and make money hand over fist on them everyday.

#84 getloaded

getloaded

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

Apparently high pitched noise from stepper motors is a “thing.”

http://ebldc.com/?p=187

Mark 7 doesn’t have it because they use a DC motor called ClearPath that is the “Stepper Killer” model that, among other things, runs much more quietly.

http://www.openbuild...vo-motors.8232/

It’s not wrong for ammobot to be noisy, it’s just the Mark 7 is substantially less noisy.  However, perhaps the new ammobot is less noisy, or mine is especially, and some of it depends on the speed you choose to run (and where and how far away you put the noise meter!!).   In any event, the motor choices the companies made indicate one is likely to be quieter than the other, and the real world proves it out.

My noise meter only confirmed what my entire family knew.  The ammobot squeals and the Mark 7 doesn’t.   Ammobot dealers can choose the Hillary Clinton School of Denial of Reality and Constructive Criticism and believe what they want.  Their product is cheaper than Mark 7 because it needs to be.  It doesn’t differentiate enough from older products to sell at a higher level.  If it did and it could, you’d think they’d charge that.  That they rolled back pricing (after the LTE came out -coincidence?), probably tells what they really think about their market value positioning.

They sell a good unit that is likely the second best 1050 automator.  But it is far from first place.  The area under the curve between real market leadership position and self-perceived market leadership position is noted in equations as DBH or Delta Butthurt, and as that value increases the tendency to be trolled increases in a likely linear or even exponential fashion.

All I pointed out is that your "test" was flawed because you did something to the meter. I bought the same meter you have in the video so I could see what you saw and found out what it was immediately.  You had it set to "MAX" hold and either hit the pistophone or something else that spiked the level and held it at 98.  As you can see in my quick vid, the sound wasn't even close to the level you posted.  When I set it on MAX, it still doesn't even come close to that level and as you can see in operation at the speed you said you were running in test.  I have a better system that will record and graph sound over time that I will set at various locations, film and provide for all to criticize.  I am willing to loan you the same system with all the points of measurement so you can do the same on your current upgraded pro model.   Like I have in the video description, I would like to engage with you on this comparison in an apples to apples comparison with objective test points. 

BTW, thanks for the video, it has sold a bunch of systems for me this month.

#85 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:14 AM

Oh shit, he just fed the trolls, this thread is going to 200 posts!

#86 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:51 AM

All I pointed out is that your "test" was flawed because you did something to the meter. I bought the same meter you have in the video so I could see what you saw and found out what it was immediately.  You had it set to "MAX" hold and either hit the pistophone or something else that spiked the level and held it at 98.  As you can see in my quick vid, the sound wasn't even close to the level you posted.  When I set it on MAX, it still doesn't even come close to that level and as you can see in operation at the speed you said you were running in test.  I have a better system that will record and graph sound over time that I will set at various locations, film and provide for all to criticize.  I am willing to loan you the same system with all the points of measurement so you can do the same on your current upgraded pro model.   Like I have in the video description, I would like to engage with you on this comparison in an apples to apples comparison with objective test points. 

BTW, thanks for the video, it has sold a bunch of systems for me this month.

I don’t know exactly why the sound readings ended up like they did.  I actually ran that “test” a couple of time before filming it so I could see how it was reading and so what ended up recorded wouldn’t be an anomaly.  Still, there are lots of reasons my ammobot might be louder than any other though I figure it is typical unless specs have changed; I can’t speak for all of them.  And it is a good point the video showed only the peak value.

But these things I do know:

The ammobot I have is substantially louder than the mark 7.  This is easily detected by normal hearing.

The motors used in the ammobot are known in the CNC world to be louder than the type used by mark 7, supporting my observation.

The noise level of the ammobot did not stop me from using it to load a LOT of ammo.  It’s nowhere near as demoralizing as say a hornady casefeeder when it comes to working with it soundwise.

However, it is amazing to me that video was interpreted as some attempt to rig results against ammobot, rather than being the opinion, backed by observation, of someone who had actually bought both machines.  If it sold systems for you then great!  It's one data point people can use to compare the best reloaders on the market.  Also, people go cheap when they can.  

I do feel guilty in one respect from the video.  I didn't give Mark 7 a fair shake.  Their top of the line machine is absolutely awesome.  It's certainly considerably more money than the ammobot or LTE, but it outperforms both with ease.  The digital clutch, for just one example, protects the machine and operator to a much greater degree than other products.  Obviously product marketers who don't have this feature to offer dismiss the value, but to a user it is easy to see.  Some people don't need it or want to pay for it, of course, but it is still superior to the less intelligent machines.

#87 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

#88 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

My wife is so thankful that I sold the Ammobot, the Mk7 is substantially quieter. I never really cared, this hobby is loud by nature, I always wore ear pro.
  • Trigger Warning likes this

#89 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

Mark 7 is loud enough, it makes it difficult to watch NetFlix on my iPad. Think of the children.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#90 Mistadobalina

Mistadobalina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

I don’t know exactly why the sound readings ended up like they did.  I actually ran that “test” a couple of time before filming it so I could see how it was reading and so what ended up recorded wouldn’t be an anomaly.  Still, there are lots of reasons my ammobot might be louder than any other though I figure it is typical unless specs have changed; I can’t speak for all of them.  And it is a good point the video showed only the peak value.

But these things I do know:

The ammobot I have is substantially louder than the mark 7.  This is easily detected by normal hearing.

The motors used in the ammobot are known in the CNC world to be louder than the type used by mark 7, supporting my observation.

The noise level of the ammobot did not stop me from using it to load a LOT of ammo.  It’s nowhere near as demoralizing as say a hornady casefeeder when it comes to working with it soundwise.

However, it is amazing to me that video was interpreted as some attempt to rig results against ammobot, rather than being the opinion, backed by observation, of someone who had actually bought both machines.  If it sold systems for you then great!  It's one data point people can use to compare the best reloaders on the market.  Also, people go cheap when they can.  

I do feel guilty in one respect from the video.  I didn't give Mark 7 a fair shake.  Their top of the line machine is absolutely awesome.  It's certainly considerably more money than the ammobot or LTE, but it outperforms both with ease.  The digital clutch, for just one example, protects the machine and operator to a much greater degree than other products.  Obviously product marketers who don't have this feature to offer dismiss the value, but to a user it is easy to see.  Some people don't need it or want to pay for it, of course, but it is still superior to the less intelligent machines.

You should include a Camdex and Ammoload in the next video - you know, to be fair.

Mista Dobalina, Mista Bob Dobalina

Mista Bob Dobalina, won't you quit?

You really make me sick with ya fraudulent behavior
You're gonna make me flip and then an army couldn't save ya

#91 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

Good point - it's not like the intent was to look at machines that automate Dillon home/light commercial reloaders.

#92 Mistadobalina

Mistadobalina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

Good point - it's not like the intent was to look at machines that automate Dillon home/light commercial reloaders.

Thank you for understanding that then.

I did enjoy the style of your video. I thought it was neat how you made it look like an old timey newsreel.

Mista Dobalina, Mista Bob Dobalina

Mista Bob Dobalina, won't you quit?

You really make me sick with ya fraudulent behavior
You're gonna make me flip and then an army couldn't save ya

#93 Chett Luduston

Chett Luduston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:54 AM

So since you like to continually slander me about my suppressor business let me set the record straight.  1. the business is still in operation and transferring silencers everyday to satisfied customers.  We currently have over 150 in the safes right now waiting on stamps.  2. Since you want to go dig around VGT for threads, you might want to do some real research to find out what the real story was behind all of it...let's just say there was some competitors involved in it as well as some illegal shit going down on that website.  3. Law suits...exactly one. Customer had his S/N on day one, was told it was here and to come shoot it whenever he wanted, ATF told him it was not in their system, contacted manufacturer who told him it was sold to me on the day he bought it, stamp showed up three weeks after we settled and we have the picture of the stamp to prove it.  4. We have a deep documentation trail of the fuckery from ATF on silencers and how they were targeting us for our challenges to them.  We are still cleaning up their mess with records.  When you actually start pulling records from them under FOIA, you find out just how badly they are being kept.  Just because they have issued you a stamp, don't expect that that S/N is in the database.   Now let the typical Doodie shit flinging begin.

Serious question:  did you or did you not "sell" suppressors to people, take their money, and never provide a serial number, in timespans of one, even two years?  

https://www.ar15.com...rms.html&page=1

#94 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted Yesterday, 01:53 PM

Drama!  

OK, Old Drama, but Drama nonetheless!

• Chett Luduston likes this

In Doodie, Veritas.

#95 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:17 PM

My wife is so_____________, I always wore ear pro.

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#96 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:00 PM

My wife is so_____________, I always wore ear pro.

True story!

#97 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:24 PM

Mk7 is actually using Getloaded's internet posts as what not to do in sales and support.  

After using both machines I can say this...

The Ammobot would have been  state of the art in 1992

It offers no advantage over a Forcht or PW  other than easier setup and they ae both cheaper.  Wanna save money?  Buy one of those.  

The AB is completely outclassed all around by the Mk7.  Even the LTE.  Not even close to the Pro.    

#98 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted Yesterday, 04:54 PM

• GuanoLoco and peterthefish like this

#99 Chett Luduston

Chett Luduston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:49 PM

If you actually want to sell it, we can put you in touch with commercial guys that will buy it from you. They love them and make money hand over fist on them everyday.

"We're huge in Japan."
  • peterthefish likes this

#100 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted Yesterday, 08:29 PM

You are such a tease.

In Doodie, Veritas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users