#2 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

The dumbassery starts at 0:09 when you see someone downrange to shooter's left looking like she's recording video.

BTW, who is she?  Her thighs are fucking killer!  I want to see her 180.

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#3 redrider

redrider

lolcow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

my squad had a shooter get very up range of the RO by doing something unexpected, cutting through a gap no one else had. and my video shows multiple instances of improper range commands.

A6 is saying they have 600 people in their match too, so we'll see what that's like....

#4 Not Will

Not Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

The dumbassery starts at 0:09 when you see someone downrange to shooter's left looking like she's recording video.

Meh, that shit popped up after the unplanned targets video too.  She's back from the shooting area and go-pro lenses fuck with angles anyway.  We don't need to insist on a 300 degree exclusion zone.

#5 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Camera lady is fine. Taping guy is an eager dumbass for not waiting for the all clear.

#6 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

Black shirt with red logo was an RO fer shure. Some stages had some ROs scoring some targets, some ROs scoring others. I'll bet he was trying to score and got complacent.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#7 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

multiple instances of improper range commands. 

Meh, par for the course if not the nationals. Shit will continue until every shooter stands holding the gun while the RO repeats, "Slide forward!" until Carl comes over to unfuck them.

• Unibrain, BenB and JimmyO like this

Team F.T.P.

#8 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

If you are going downrange of the shooter to get a jump on scoring, it's good to practice the drop step since you are not exactly sure when and how you'll need to retreat. The downrange RO lost at least .25 seconds getting body weight shifted and that's enough time for a 4K 60fps go pro to catch a "holy shit I'm too young to die but too old to avoid it" look for posterity.

This video will be inducted into the "under the rug" hall of fame playlist asap.

• Ben, peterthefish, TrannyOakley and 1 other like this

On injured reserve.

#9 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

my squad had a shooter get very up range of the RO by doing something unexpected, cutting through a gap no one else had. and my video shows multiple instances of improper range commands.

A6 is saying they have 600 people in their match too, so we'll see what that's like....

Area 6 is the best match of the year.  Runs like a Swiss watch.  

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#10 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

"holy shit I'm too young to die but too old to avoid it".

I'm submitting this to Bartlett's.

#11 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

I'm going to cut the RO's some slack, since I was one of them. Long match, tight schedule, big squads, many shooters, complex stages. We were trying to do anything we could do to save time while still diligently searching for and painting every damn hardcover hit on the walls, barrels and tires (tires.... seriously....., next year I want steel plate hardcover, fuck that tire shit).

Every RO I dealt with in the early match was awesome. Thanks to all of them.

• jakemartens, Mistadobalina and redrider like this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#12 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

It also wouldn't have happened if the fucking shooter could do math. Wasting 3+ seconds going back after that popper?
  • GuanoLoco likes this

#13 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

Don't matter if the shooter is a geriatric with active diarrhea taking 20 minutes to clean the stage both target and poo-wise, until the RO calls range clear anyone going ahead of the line is desperate for a Darwin award.

• wurm, Perfecto, Flexmoney and 3 others like this

#14 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

It also wouldn't have happened if the fucking shooter could do math. Wasting 3+ seconds going back after that popper?

He did the math.  Reshoot is much better than a mike.

• Perfecto, Yard Sale, Mistadobalina and 6 others like this

#15 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

I'm going to cut the RO's some slack, since I was one of them. Long match, tight schedule, big squads, many shooters, complex stages. We were trying to do anything we could do to save time while still diligently searching for and painting every damn hardcover hit on the walls, barrels and tires (tires.... seriously....., next year I want steel plate hardcover, fuck that tire shit).

That's the problem.

Nobody should be putting pressure on CRO/RO to hurry because it compromises safety.  I've been there and this is a problem in USPSA and it's why I don't volunteer to RO big matches anymore.

I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#16 TrannyOakley

TrannyOakley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

We were trying to do anything we could do to save time while still diligently searching for and painting every damn hardcover hit on the walls, barrels and tires 

Safety be damned, the real question is did you check the steel after every shooter to guaran-damn-tee no one got popper fucked?

#17 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:00 AM

Safety be damned, the real question is did you check the steel after every shooter to guaran-damn-tee no one got popper fucked?

I personally know someone who got popper fucked by a got-damned mini popper of all things. But he's Japanese and I suspect he was shooting Airsoft pellets.

Team F.T.P.

#18 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:25 AM

Having long stages scored and reset while a shooter is still on them is common at big matches in Europe. Everyone just needs to be aware of whats up with regards to where the shooter is and where he is likely to go.
  • Gecko 46, slemmo and Beef like this

#19 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:23 AM

When the matches outpace the ability and stamina of the people who are at it, corners are cut. And love the HD cameras to be there for it all on film because everyone has to have their MeMe's. 

It wont stop happening until people loose interest in spending 2 days to get 5 minutes of trigger time total. 

The real attraction is the ego collection on display. 

#20 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:05 AM

Having long stages scored and reset while a shooter is still on them is common at big matches in Europe. Everyone just needs to be aware of whats up with regards to where the shooter is and where he is likely to go.

Supposedly per a shooter posting on PF the stage briefing for this one specifically stated the RO would be scoring behind the shooter as they progressed. I know it happens everywhere to save time but I don't ever recall seeing rules that support it (in USPSA at least).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users