#21 Suck It Trebek

Suck It Trebek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

I'll be the first to admit , I have no idea how USPSA scoring works.

On 1 stage the M shooter had a smoking time, but 3-4 misses , I was 3 seconds slower and had none, he still beat me.

Never mind I went to get specifics, now it shows i did beat him on 2 of 4 stages, but results only show points now no times or HF ???

Take your hits and subtract the penalties (misses and procedurals) these are your raw points.  Divide raw points by your time, and that is your hit factor.  Another way of thinking is this is how many points you earned per second shooting.

The stage winner is determined by who had the highest hit factor for that stage in the match.  That person gets 100% of the stage points for that stage.  So if it is a short 10 round stage worth 50 points, they get all 50 stage points, even if they didn't shoot a perfect stage.  Everyone else gets a fraction of that based on the ratio of their score to the stage winner.  So if your HF was half of the stage winner, then you only get half of the stage points.  Whoever has the most stage points at the end, is the winner.

Short stages tend to have higher HF than long field courses, because of time spent running from position to position on the field courses.  If you didn't do match points, and just used straight hit factor added up to find the winner, then you end up with the short stand and bang stages being weighted heavier in determining the finish.

• Peally and chewgotit like this

#22 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:33 PM

You should try CQTAS next.

#23 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:55 AM

Wrong, have your friend be the scorekeeper. Focus on your shooting not a friggn tablet.

I think somewhere I read have your friend be the TIMEKEEPER and whatever time you get he subtracts 2-4 seconds; based on the overall level of friendship .... if memory serves me right wasn't that the case down in Florida a few years back?

#24 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:10 AM

I think somewhere I read have your friend be the TIMEKEEPER and whatever time you get he subtracts 2-4 seconds; based on the overall level of friendship .... if memory serves me right wasn't that the case down in Florida a few years back?

That was the joke, but I rather tape and reset. Subbing for the RO when he shoots isn't bad. I just don't like imputing scores.

#25 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

Wrong, have your friend be the scorekeeper. Focus on your shooting not a friggn tablet.

Ok noob

• GooldMember likes this

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#26 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

LOL

Don't +2 me bro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users