#1 NickBlasta

NickBlasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

In a world where you can only look good hanging two on a pizza box...

Our heroes who can barely add and subtract...

Will embrace. The IDPA pizza box!

pBpce30.png

http://3gunnation.co...target-acquired

• GooldMember likes this

#2 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:01 PM

This is exactly what I was looking for...an action shooting sport that is slower and has less action then IDPA.
  • Mistadobalina, CH3NO2, jimbob and 2 others like this

#3 jimbob

jimbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

>Let that sink in for a second – a style of match that places neither speed nor accuracy above the other, >theoretically creating an equal playing field for all.

hahhahahhah.

They alone have cracked the code!  Equal for everyone!

it wasn't before because those good guys in there sponsor blouses are cheatin fast!

this will surely tighten up the competition!  speed is fine but accuracy is final!  this will surely level things right out for the guys that take their time to get the good hits.

3gun is so fucking dumb.

#4 jimbob

jimbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:36 PM

“Guys in their upper 40s, 50s and 60s, that can’t move like Greg Jordan and Daniel Horner, or other fast shooters, they can say, ‘what you can do with speed I can do with accuracy.’

lol.

Completely misses the point that horner and every guy at the top tier shooter can shoot "eagles" at any distance as fast or faster than the rest of the field can put 2 anywhere...

• GooldMember likes this

#5 Roons

Roons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:36 PM

Upcoming 2018 3-Gun Nation Target: 

51YJQj41TLL.jpg

"There was a lot of work to do, so we decided to fuck speed and accuracy all together and stick with a target format that is an equal playing field for all"

• Stubb, jakemartens, ToddKS and 1 other like this

"You can give it the old spin."

#6 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:37 PM

I think rather than going full-on IDPA, perhaps they should have gone for the middle ground. Hit the 4" circle, get a .25 second deduction. Hit the 8" circle, get a .1 second deduction. Hit the pizza box anywhere, no deduction. 

But what do I know, I just shoot pistols. 

#7 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

I think USPSA is basically the most logical scoring system, but no one else can rip that off without Foley's arcane wizard rage so they come up with this kooky ass shit.

#8 redrider

redrider

lolcow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

Is this for real? (i'm not a 3gun guy.)

#9 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:39 PM

Is this for real? (i'm not a 3gun guy.)

They aren't using it for 3-gun because as USPSA 3-gun found out scoring every target for hits means 1 minute of shooting and 8 minutes of scoring/reset rather then the standard 4-5 minutes.

This target was originally designed for the new 3GN pistol organization. I'm guessing 3GN created the pistol org because the new club at Virginia International Raceway wanted a pistol sport to accompany the 3-gun that 3GN was running for them. They might not be smart but they aren't dumb. Why would a for profit org tell VIR to join USPSA or IDPA and give all that cold hard classifier cash to someone else? Now they get paid two weekends a month from VIR. Who knows maybe some other club will be fooled into doing it too.

I have never liked the pizza box even though I understood the reasons behind it. The effin' thing is tiny compared to a full size USPSA or IDPA target. I did the math on the square inches once and it was like 65% of a normal target with a head box. I personally don't shoot bullseye or PRS because shooting for accuracy is slow and boring. I like shooting as fast as effin possible at the largest targets as possible placed as close as safely possible. Same reason PCC is more fun the pistol.
It's easier to go faster with less skill!

#10 CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:50 PM

My pizza box normally has my reciept stapled to it....hahaha
NITRO
Nitromethane, nitrous oxide, nitrocellulose ....3 of my favorite things
To be sure of hitting the target , shoot 1st and call what ever u hit the target.

#11 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:06 PM

The new 1GunNation target offers the glacially slow pace of USPSA scoring, punctuated by passive aggressive disputes over “perf touching v breaking,” while specifically allowing the ludicrous pants worn in the 3gun series.

What’s not to like? 

If the organizers agree to let the RO’s take a run at the prize table, simulating a PRS match, they will have all disciplines covered.

For the first six months, the target will be available in the TischTac edition:  each hit inside the 8 inch circle entitles the shooter to a 10% optics planet discount code redeemable by PM’ing Jessie.  If his inbox is full, the shooter is retroactively DQ’ed.

• Stubb, Jesse Tischauser, ToddKS and 2 others like this

#12 t3p_guy

t3p_guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

My favorite part is the awkwardly placed -.25 circle which helps reward the shooters who paces their shot so far away from the center and barely hits the target a chance to still accidentally get a winning score. They really should just let the shooter who inadvertently hits this area roll a 12 sided die afterwards to determine their real time deduct from 1 - 12 seconds.
  • mechanik, Jesse Tischauser and Trigger Warning like this

#13 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

I like the mental gymnastics required to claim that having the center be a -.25 on your time is somehow different than just making it 0 and adjusting accordingly.

• Doc likes this

#14 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:12 PM

I read the article and feel dumber than I do after watching a Yeager video.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#15 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

My favorite part is the awkwardly placed -.25 circle which helps reward the shooters who paces their shot so far away from the center and barely hits the target a chance to still accidentally get a winning score. They really should just let the shooter who inadvertently hits this area roll a 12 sided die afterwards to determine their real time deduct from 1 - 12 seconds.

Yeah I also enjoy the 'random lucky shot circle'. They claim it will defeat nasty gamers who will surely try to split the target from asshole to breakfast and thus with a vertical string of shots gain a bonus -.25. This forgets of course that vertical stringing may still hit the middle -.25. So they'll reward fucked up windage with the second bonus hole.

#16 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:25 AM

Yes and they also forget the innovation found in USPSA of stapling the target at an angle.

#17 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:14 AM

I think it is great. Now we can watch the RO's use their fingers to count because math wasn't their strong suit in school. 

#18 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:00 AM

Yeah wtf is up with that random bonus for the upper right D zone? Apparently nobody likes the slice at 1:00. At least put one on each corner so it's equally randomly fair. I'm assuming it was put their to use as a more difficult by putting had cover or a no shoot over the rest of the target. Kinda like a head shot on the targets that refuse to kill pizza.

#19 bpipe95

bpipe95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:53 AM

They took that upper right zone idea from 3D archery. However in some versions of 3D that upper right zone would have a "better" point value than the center zone. That type of risk/reward works for the slow pace of 3D. Not so much for 3gun... but maybe the PRC stuff?

Either way 3gn jumped the shark years ago. The whole 3gun sport has become a convoluted mess. But I suppose that's what happens then the prime years of the sport came during the threats of the worst bans in history. Now with those all but gone the money train from the industry is rolling to a stop and you actually have to have a sound product to sell to consumers...,
  • lpc and Jesse Tischauser like this

#20 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:14 AM

Nice D zone hit bro, we're gonna -2 your score it was so good!

• Jesse Tischauser likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users