45 replies to this topic

#41 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:37 AM

Thanks. Sorry I should have clarified I meant shotgun/multi gun/3gun in general though you're right the equipment rules of each rule set may influence which is the best combo.

It would seem In ipsc rules a mag gun is hard to beat.

As you pointed out unloaded starts bone the tube guns hard even more so if it's a stand and shoot stage.

I guess up to now reliability was the only question mark over the mag guns and I saw a few mag guns getting unfucked on stage but the vepr seems sorted.

Does a reliable mag gun now make the tube guns yesterday's news? Even in apple pie flavored outlaw rules where a fully stuffed x-rail is a legal start option?

#42 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:46 AM

Thanks. Sorry I should have clarified I meant shotgun/multi gun/3gun in general though you're right the equipment rules of each rule set may influence which is the best combo.

It would seem In ipsc rules a mag gun is hard to beat.

As you pointed out unloaded starts bone the tube guns hard even more so if it's a stand and shoot stage.

I guess up to now reliability was the only question mark over the mag guns and I saw a few mag guns getting unfucked on stage but the vepr seems sorted.

Does a reliable mag gun now make the tube guns yesterday's news? Even in apple pie flavored outlaw rules where a fully stuffed x-rail is a legal start option?

The XRail guns seem about as reliable as the bottom feeders but heavier and dumber.

If you want reliable, the best bet is a regular tube gun, but then you need to use sticks, which is dumb too.

#43 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:50 AM

A tube fed Benelli is still the most reliable. I can get 19 in my M2 and it's still as reliable as it is in the 12 round Tac Ops setup. Unfortunately it's also 14' long.
My XRail is just as finicky as any mag fed gun I've seen. It has tons of moving parts and four tubes with four different springs that gotta stay lined up and strong.

I can hold 32 in my XRail and 21 in my VEPR12. The Vepr12 reloads faster obviously. It really just depends on the stage and match which gun is most adventageous. In 3-gun there are two other guns that must run too and lots of other stuff that can and will go wrong. Jerry still wins quite a bit using his old mossberg tube gun and speed loading sticks.

If I'm going to shoot open I'll look at stage diagrams to determine which shotgun I choose to bring to the match.

#44 Not Will

Not Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:49 PM

If I'm going to shoot open I'll look at stage diagrams to determine which shotgun I choose to bring to the match.

3 gun is awesome

#45 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

No 3 Gun intro required. 

bhy6hs.jpg

• racetaco likes this

#46 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:08 PM

Sounds like no magic solution but that the mag guns probably have a slight edge if you had to pick just 1 shotgun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users