#41 Crash

Crash

Man Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationEmbrace the Man Hack

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:24 AM

What RO's can you really expect to keep up with a list of approved guns and check every gun that comes across chrono against said list?  Like others have said.  If it fits the box, makes weight, doesn't have a dot/comp then let it run.  

At A6 there was one bay where the RO calling order would state out loud the competitors division to the other RO's....and thats the first time I have seen that.  Perhaps they do that at nationals but I wouldn't know. 

If the gun makes weight and is within legal dimensions, wtf difference does it matter what hammer is in it?  Im pretty sure no one is winning based on the hammer in their gun.  

#42 redrider

redrider

lolcow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

A bay at A1 this year did that as well. I asked why and they said it was so others could count shots and look at your gear placement while you were shooting the stage. And double check again that you were in the pad or on paper as the right division.

• Mistadobalina likes this

#43 Michel Neaucheutte

Michel Neaucheutte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

A bay at A1 this year did that as well. I asked why and they said it was so others could count shots and look at your gear placement while you were shooting the stage. And double check again that you were in the pad or on paper as the right division.

I took the RO seminar earlier this month, and the instructor told us that was a best practice (scorekeeping RO calling out division for each shooter) for exactly those reasons. Also, the gear check is "every stage, all the time." Maybe the long-rumored USPSA app will be able to scan your gear, detect your iliac crest, and auto-bump you to Open.

#44 Suck It Trebek

Suck It Trebek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

lol

But there is the double edged sword.  If it is unbalanced now with the plastic striker guns against steel unicorns, then pretending that these are stock guns is an absurdity, and a dis-service to the idea that this is where stock guns play.  If there is no big difference between a plain black Glock and a Super XTREME Stock 2 dipped in pure Grauffelium, then let people go full retard with their Dremel tools.  Mill out slides, flat top, tri-top, replace every part on the gun, stipple anything, undercut, double-undercut, take finger groves off, add ribs for her pleasure, just no optics, no comps, no ported barrel, and it has to fit the box and make weight.

• Motosapiens likes this

#45 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

So basically L10 minor

#46 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

So basically L10 minor

but with a box, and a list. i think it would be fine. Perhaps the people that bought custom tanfo production race guns will be sad, but those guns really made a complete joke of the division.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#47 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

Perhaps the people that bought custom tanfo production race guns will be sad, but those guns really made a complete joke of the division.

USPSA made a complete joke of the division - from its inception.  Don't blame it on Tanfo or CZ.  They wouldn't be selling their "production race guns" if DNROI wasn't a soup sandwich.  

• SME at Pistol Forum and racetaco like this

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#48 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

USPSA made a complete joke of the division - from its inception.  Don't blame it on Tanfo or CZ.  They wouldn't be selling their "production race guns" if DNROI wasn't a soup sandwich.  

Don't pretend it is just the DNROI, IPSC fucked the chicken making DA/SA guns preferable, too.

• Motosapiens likes this

#49 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:53 PM

I'm not so sure. It seems to me that any attempt to limit aftermarket modifications based on appearance is almost certain to resort in small batches of custom race guns that bear no resemblance to actual duty/carry pistols.

• Unibrain and bailey like this

#50 MilkMyDuds

MilkMyDuds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

What if USPSA starts trigger gauging Production guns like IPSC does?  

I bet then people will not pay much, if any at all, attention to all the other borderline mods.  Besides minor vs. major, trigger and mag capacity are probably the biggest differentiators between Prod and Limited.

Make all striker pull > 3lbs, DA pull > 5lbs and SA pull > 2 lbs.  

Very easy to enforce with a trigger gauge. 

#51 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

Very easy to enforce with a trigger gauge.

Have you used a trigger gauge? Do you get the same reading every time?
  • aceinyerface likes this

#52 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

Based upon how brutish I am with it, I can get a variance of several lbs.

#53 JMate

JMate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

That's why IPSC doesn't use a gauge
  • redrider likes this

#54 SME at Pistol Forum

SME at Pistol Forum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

At this point, I'm with making Production L-10 Minor. But USPSA won't do that because it makes too much sense and would make them look bad.

Pistol Forum Subject Matter Expert...  Which pretty much equals B class at Doodie Project

#55 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

That's why IPSC doesn't use a gauge

What do they use, weights?  That's what I improvised before I sprung for a Lyman gauge.

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#56 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

But there is the double edged sword.  If it is unbalanced now with the plastic striker guns against steel unicorns, then pretending that these are stock guns is an absurdity, and a dis-service to the idea that this is where stock guns play.  If there is no big difference between a plain black Glock and a Super XTREME Stock 2 dipped in pure Grauffelium, then let people go full retard with their Dremel tools.  Mill out slides, flat top, tri-top, replace every part on the gun, stipple anything, undercut, double-undercut, take finger groves off, add ribs for her pleasure, just no optics, no comps, no ported barrel, and it has to fit the box and make weight.

No one with an once of competitiveness is running a stock Glock in Production.

You can jigger up a plastic striker gun trigger pretty good without external mods, especially if you pre-load the striker - I believe this is what is happening with Walthers.

Manufacturers are free to create heavy all steel striker guns any time they want,  Weight becomes a non-issue.  Hudson, anyone?

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#57 redrider

redrider

lolcow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

What to they use, weights?  That's what I improvised before I sprung for a Lyman gauge.

Yes, that's exactly what they do. Weights equal to the tested for poundage on the end of a hook. Can you pick it up hanging off the trigger or does it break?

#58 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

You can jigger up a plastic striker gun trigger pretty good without external mods, especially if you pre-load the striker - I believe this is what is happening with Walthers.

Manufacturers are free to create heavy all steel striker guns any time they want,  Weight becomes a non-issue.  Hudson, any

Vogel, Nils, Coley, those guys are usually a cunt hair from winning it all.

• FreeBird likes this

#59 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

Besides minor vs. major, trigger and mag capacity are probably the biggest differentiators between Prod and Limited.

Make all striker pull > 3lbs, DA pull > 5lbs and SA pull > 2 lbs.  

i'm not convinced that a 2011 (or 1911) trigger is any better than the SA on a good tanfo or cz. I have always shot the same scores with my cajun-ized cz as with my nicely worked over 1911.

#60 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

I suspect that no one with an ounce of competitiveness is running a stock *anything* in production. Lots of competitive people are running lightly worked over striker guns however. Anyone with a striker gun and $100 can tweak it so the gun isn't holding him back from being competitive. Sure, lots of people like to do other stuff to their guns for personal preference reasons, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users