88 replies to this topic

#41 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:47 AM

- it rarely end good for anyone except the lawyers and since Matt has a public defender, he's probably hosed.

I see you don't know shit about federal defenders.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• 1-4 Actual likes this

#42 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:21 AM

I'm guessing even if they're competent, if you qualify for a public defender financially, you're hosed - one way or another.

This guy had people lined up to give him $5-$6K for guns built with with a few hundred bucks in parts and a few hundred bucks in labor. If he hadn't stretched the "I'm a custom gunsmith give me your money and I'll give you a gun FUCK YOU ILL TELL YOU WHEN" bit a little too far, he'd be in a much better situation.

#43 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

I've known Matt a long long time.  Perhaps the good the bad and the ugly to steal a movie title.

The bottom line is Matt is a good guy.  I have never known him to screw someone over intentionally. Never. In fact I have known him to help people out.

Did he make some bad decisions along the way-seems reasonable.  Show me a small business person who hasn't!  Does he have an ego the size of Arizona-sure but so do a lot of others in this sport.

There is more than one side to this story.  You got the scum bag version in the indictment.  Interesting enough one of the names in the document supposedly has received his gun(s). 

The is information in there that IMHO only former employee(s) would know. There was enough bad blood to spread around.   It sounded like sour grapes to me.

Slam him while he is down is just being worse than a troll. 

There is a fine line between "I'm temporarily down on my luck but turning my life around" and "hustling suckers is my profession, so I try to maintain appearances".

Honestly, would you front him cash today for a gun to be delivered in the future, after he fulfills his current commitments?

If so, help him out of his hole and, if you don't want the gun, you can always re-sell it when you receive it.

I'm old enough to be cynical. 

• Chett Luduston and u sofa king we todd ed like this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#44 Shithead23

Shithead23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationAmerican desert

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:36 AM

I've known Matt a long long time.  Perhaps the good the bad and the ugly to steal a movie title.

The bottom line is Matt is a good guy.  I have never known him to screw someone over intentionally. Never. In fact I have known him to help people out.

Did he make some bad decisions along the way-seems reasonable.  Show me a small business person who hasn't!  Does he have an ego the size of Arizona-sure but so do a lot of others in this sport.

There is more than one side to this story.  You got the scum bag version in the indictment.  Interesting enough one of the names in the document supposedly has received his gun(s). 

The is information in there that IMHO only former employee(s) would know. There was enough bad blood to spread around.   It sounded like sour grapes to me.

Shot with a couple of his employees this weekend, they had no clue what had happened.

L2683

#45 warpspeed

warpspeed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

It is true that I'm more familiar with those who sit on the other side. 

Foot in mouth and head up asshole

#46 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

61b133bb8caaae1e128c156ae569f623ff99e2f6

• peterthefish, Buck Turgidson and racetaco like this

#47 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:28 PM

Responsible businessmen who make some bad decisions typically stop the mess long before it gets to this point.

• Alma likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#48 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

At this moment, things are very uncomfortable over at Full Retard Customs.

• barry owens, GuruOfGuns, ToddKS and 1 other like this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#49 Shithead23

Shithead23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationAmerican desert

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

Full Retard is getting ready to take the baton when passed on.   

Prepare for greatness.

L2683

#50 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

This is pretty fucking disappointing. I was planning to take my Night Shrike with me to the Bahamas to shoot a couple of matches after my VIP experience at Fyre Festival ends. It's like you can't trust anyone these days - 2017 sucks!
  • lpc, Perfecto, Mr_White and 7 others like this

On injured reserve.

#51 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationIn the sauna, naked.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

I feel really offended for Your sake. I feel You.

~ Does Your lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#52 pjb4511

pjb4511

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

Interesting comment from some LEO friends; PD are often Zealots and believe very strongly in their mission and Federal PD are among the brightest grads wanting Litigation experience.  I know a couple of career PD and DA staff.  These guys were not the bottom of the barrel folks at law school. 

I have shot with Matt's guys before.  Most of the trouble started before they went to work for him.

#53 warpspeed

warpspeed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

Interesting comment from some LEO friends; PD are often Zealots and believe very strongly in their mission and Federal PD are among the brightest grads wanting Litigation experience.  I know a couple of career PD and DA staff.  These guys were not the bottom of the barrel folks at law school. 

I have shot with Matt's guys before.  Most of the trouble started before they went to work for him.

I'm sorry if my comment implied that the Fed PDs are not competent. They are. Google Judy Clarke.

The fact remains that in the USA, money buys a better outcome of justice. Google Leeland Lee and OJ Simpson.

Now fuck off!

• warpspeed, Yard Sale, RDS and 2 others like this

Foot in mouth and head up asshole

#54 RDS

RDS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

I'm sorry if my comment implied that the Fed PDs are not competent. They are. Google Judy Clarke.

The fact remains that in the USA, money buys a better outcome of justice. Google Leeland Lee and OJ Simpson.

Now fuck off!

I don't want just a competent attorney.  I want Johnny Cochran and the Chewbacca defense.  

Just like i don't want just a competent gunsmith--i want FRC! (oh wait...)

• warpspeed likes this

It's not about winning, it's about emasculating your friends in front of their loved ones

#55 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:45 PM

The punch line to this shit is that Burkett basically operates only a notch or two below most of these other fucktard gunsmiths.

I suspect his downfall was failing to deliver on $80,000 worth of firearms to a single buyer.  If he had kept it penny ante and defrauded buyers for one pistol each,  federal law enforcement wouldn't have been interested in pursuing it, as they may require minimum losses before they will get out of bed.  Everyone would have to get together and make a case that the combined losses were substantial enough for federal law enforcement to pursue.  

The 'custom' knife maker world is worse. Knife forums are full of "I sent $1k through Paypal friends and family to a knifemaker that had been in business for 6 months on instagram with no website or physical address.  It's been two years and he stopped answering emails. Do you think I'll ever see my knife?"

Idiots. 

#56 jerryz06

jerryz06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:58 AM

The article written by Ray Stern of the Phoenix New Times is accurate. After about 2 years of trying to deal with Matt it became obvious to me that he was not operating "in good faith". Reading several posts on his Facebook page it was evident that there were other customers with similar problems. Some of those Facebook posts were damning and I found it alarming that he didn't seem to know or care to take them down.

Rather than act independently, I posted on the Brian Enos Forum. The purpose of my post was to identify other customers that were having similar problems with Predator Tactical. Between Enos and Facebook I quickly found 4 others. Enos shut me down, writing in a private email that his forum was not to be used to air "customer service issues". My claim that I thought that he had a responsibility to protect his members from shady vendors was ignored. Anyway the names and contact information of those 4 other customers (with their permission) was provided to the FBI.

The FBI had contacted me in April of 2015 seeking information about my dealings with Matt. At the time I had also been communicating with the Arizona Attorney General's office.

I finally did receive a 1911 from Matt but it was not the gun that was represented on his web site and/or the gun I handled at the NRA show in St Louis. The pistol had serious quality issues, for one thing the side safety was not functional. The only positive was that it was built on a Wilson Combat frame.

In summary I'd like to point out to Matt defenders that my case was not isolated. Within the past 6 months I was contacted by folks from Stumpies Custom Guns; they told me that they paid Matt 10K for work that was not accomplished. Look up "Stumpies" - owned and operated by combat veterans that lost limbs in service to their country. To Brian Enos and others that describe this conduct as a "customer service issue" I hold you in contempt.
  • lpc, Nimrod, Chett Luduston and 7 others like this

#57 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:13 AM

Face it. This place mostly survives because Enos and other forums suck. 

• Shithead23, Alma and CH3NO2 like this

#58 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:05 AM

Face it. This place mostly survives because Enos and other forums suck. 

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king

• Nimrod and vluc like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#59 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:08 AM

Enos is completely fucking useless as a forum, I'm surprised it's still even a thing.

• Nimrod, CH3NO2 and Buck Turgidson like this

#60 Chett Luduston

Chett Luduston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:10 AM

The article written by Ray Stern of the Phoenix New Times is accurate. After about 2 years of trying to deal with Matt it became obvious to me that he was not operating "in good faith". Reading several posts on his Facebook page it was evident that there were other customers with similar problems. Some of those Facebook posts were damning and I found it alarming that he didn't seem to know or care to take them down.

Rather than act independently, I posted on the Brian Enos Forum. The purpose of my post was to identify other customers that were having similar problems with Predator Tactical. Between Enos and Facebook I quickly found 4 others. Enos shut me down, writing in a private email that his forum was not to be used to air "customer service issues". My claim that I thought that he had a responsibility to protect his members from shady vendors was ignored. Anyway the names and contact information of those 4 other customers (with their permission) was provided to the FBI.

The FBI had contacted me in April of 2015 seeking information about my dealings with Matt. At the time I had also been communicating with the Arizona Attorney General's office.

I finally did receive a 1911 from Matt but it was not the gun that was represented on his web site and/or the gun I handled at the NRA show in St Louis. The pistol had serious quality issues, for one thing the side safety was not functional. The only positive was that it was built on a Wilson Combat frame.

In summary I'd like to point out to Matt defenders that my case was not isolated. Within the past 6 months I was contacted by folks from Stumpies Custom Guns; they told me that they paid Matt 10K for work that was not accomplished. Look up "Stumpies" - owned and operated by combat veterans that lost limbs in service to their country. To Brian Enos and others that describe this conduct as a "customer service issue" I hold you in contempt.

Good job on sticking with this, sucks that this happened to you.  Fuck BEnos.

• Ben, CH3NO2 and jerryz06 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users