Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationColumbia Zoo, SC

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

Ok Doogie's

I have a club FB page and It's a bitch to manage remotely.  I want to move off to something else.  Would you check if moved?  This would be for all match info. No More FaceBook Shit.

• zapedKag likes this

#2 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

If you're going to move off social media I'd recommend using an email based system like constant contact for sending out match info. Id also create a "home page" that is up to date with accurate info and a way to sign up for the email list. It's going to be more work than a simple Facebook group and you won't get the traffic that you do on Facebook. If you have a problem with fb then maybe try another platform like Instagram.

If it shows up in an email, I'll look at it, if it pops up on fb I'll look, if I have to chase it down I likely won't regularly.

#3 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

If a FB page is too much to manage you might want to have someone else take over the computer stuff.
  • slemmo, Mistadobalina and Suck It Trebek like this

#4 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:56 AM

web page and mailing list....reminds me of the 90s.

I only check web pages if there's a link provided on facebook. But as mentioned, I can't really see what other publishing solution would be easier to manage than an fb page.

e-mail is so last decade. I get maybe 100 e-mails a day and I don't think I've sent an e-mail to a friend in years. Use it only for forum notifications and stuff like that, and mass delete e-mails every morning, probably a few I shouldn't have deleted too.

#5 Sickmonkey

Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationColumbia Zoo, SC

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:28 AM

If a FB page is too much to manage you might want to have someone else take over the computer stuff.

I agree 100%. FB updates are easy. All great. Until you are not in the US and in friendly countries. It's been a pain in the ass. Even with VPN coming out of D.C. Or NYC the checks are a pain in the ass. But the responses I have are good indication. Stay the course and put up with the checks.

#6 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:46 AM

Why you want to go to NK anyway?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users