19 replies to this topic

#1 ShootsLikeaDog

ShootsLikeaDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:10 AM

Hi!  I'm an IDPA fag from A8, and living proof that you can, in fact, hit slow enough to come in dead last.  I shoot a bone stock Glock 19 because I'm tacticool (I even have cargo pants) and trigger work is for gamerz.  Things I could be worse at: Standing still and shooting very slowly at things that don't move.  Things I could not be worse at: Everything else.

Current goals: 1) Get more gooder enough to make IDPA Expert so I can attend Skills and Drills and hug Stegger's nuts for four days instead of two, and, 2) Beat other IDPA fags who jaw about how much better their shooting got when they started just going to matches instead of practicing.  These may seem unnecessarily modest, but consider that I'm currently an IDPA Marksman; you'll soon realize that being able to dress and feed myself is actually quite the stretch goal.

I have dry-fired and/or live-fired every day since 17 April 2017.  As a result, I haven't gotten laid in a while, so I'm really hoping for that bag of dicks.

#2 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:17 AM

Goals are ok but start with getting a new lighter aftermarket hammer for that Glock.
  • BenB likes this

On injured reserve.

#3 ShootsLikeaDog

ShootsLikeaDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:21 AM

Goals are ok but start with getting a new lighter aftermarket hammer for that Glock.

I just bought a non-retention holster for it yesterday.  Baby steps.

#4 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:33 AM

I think retention isn't all bad if it is one of those that requires you to use your trigger finger to release at the exact location the trigger will be as you start to remove the firearm - that really helps to get a quick first shot off into the foot of the tango or even your own foot if you are really fast.
  • Will and montana_mechanic like this

On injured reserve.

#5 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:15 AM

2) Beat other IDPA fags who jaw about how much better their shooting got when they started just going to matches instead of practicing.

Clearly a troll.

IDPA fags don't practice, and they don't get any better by 'just going to matches.'
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#6 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:42 AM

what part of a8?

#7 ShootsLikeaDog

ShootsLikeaDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

I think retention isn't all bad if it is one of those that requires you to use your trigger finger to release at the exact location the trigger will be as you start to remove the firearm - that really helps to get a quick first shot off into the foot of the tango or even your own foot if you are really fast.

Not quite that tacticool.  Thumb break.  Fortunately, my flinch is bad enough that I hit the feet anyway.

Clearly a troll.

IDPA fags don't practice, and they don't get any better by 'just going to matches.'

But Pitchfork_Emporium already took High Troll, so there's no point in me trying.

what part of a8?

Greater DC metro.

#8 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

ew

#9 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:40 AM

Greater DC metro.

Horrifying.  SubMD or NOVA?

In Doodie, Veritas.

#10 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:08 AM

PG County IDPA = Streetz

#11 ShootsLikeaDog

ShootsLikeaDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

ew

Southern efficiency, Northern charm.  Much like my shooting.

Horrifying.  SubMD or NOVA?

Dry-fire in MD, shoot in VA.

PG County IDPA = Streetz

I said bone stock.  That excludes stippling, Homeboy Sights, or ca$h money appliques.  I do, however, use a hoodie as my concealment garment!  This is either because I've taken to heart the dire warnings about the peril of the shoot-me-first vests, or because I'm too cheap to buy something that is both that expensive and that ugly.

#12 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Dry-fire in MD, shoot in VA.

And defending street corners or jacking dope dealers in DC.

In Doodie, Veritas.

#13 Katsmama

Katsmama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen makin' a sammich

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:43 AM

I approve of your fashion sense and suggest you fully commit to the 'street wear is my shoot wear' vibe. I'd pair that hoodie bitch with some unlaced Adidas and your times will be smokin.
Don't listen to these gamer dudes with their day glow Solomons and Nascar shirts.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

#14 ShootsLikeaDog

ShootsLikeaDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

And for defending street corners or jacking dope dealers in DC.

I would never go into DC, that wall-to-wall unremitting 100% murderfest which for all of that somehow never manages to scare off the tourists (I guess they die before they can send word back home?)  Don't you know anything about self-defense, gamer scum?!  Gotta STAY OFF THE X, BRO!

I approve of your fashion sense and suggest you fully commit to the 'street wear is my shoot wear' vibe. I'd pair that hoodie bitch with some unlaced Adidas and your times will be smokin.
Don't listen to these gamer dudes with their day glow Solomons and Nascar shirts.

But do the unlaced Adidas really pair well with the tacticool cargo pants?  Wouldn't, say, Oakley sneakers better compliment the notes of "trying too hard", "poseur", and "I got tired of doing SWAT cosplay with my imaginary friend so now I'm here"?  As a woman who clearly appreciates both wine and fashion, I'm relying on you to disambiguate this pairing, because now I'm so confused.

#15 ShootsLikeaDog

ShootsLikeaDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

And for defending street corners or jacking dope dealers in DC.

I would never go into DC, that wall-to-wall unremitting 100% murderfest which for all of that somehow never manages to scare off the tourists (I guess they die before they can send word back home?)  Don't you know anything about self-defense, gamer scum?!  Gotta STAY OFF THE X, BRO!

But do the unlaced Adidas really pair well with the tacticool cargo pants?  Wouldn't, say, Oakley sneakers better compliment the notes of "trying too hard", "poseur", and "I got tired of doing SWAT cosplay with my imaginary friend so now I'm here"?  As a woman who clearly appreciates both wine and fashion, I'm relying on you to disambiguate this pairing, because now I'm so confused.

#16 Katsmama

Katsmama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen makin' a sammich

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

I would never go into DC, that wall-to-wall unremitting 100% murderfest which for all of that somehow never manages to scare off the tourists (I guess they die before they can send word back home?) Don't you know anything about self-defense, gamer scum?! Gotta STAY OFF THE X, BRO!

But do the unlaced Adidas really pair well with the tacticool cargo pants? Wouldn't, say, Oakley sneakers better compliment the notes of "trying too hard", "poseur", and "I got tired of doing SWAT cosplay with my imaginary friend so now I'm here"? As a woman who clearly appreciates both wine and fashion, I'm relying on you to disambiguate this pairing, because now I'm so confused.

.... I'm relying on you to disambiguate this pairing, because now I'm so confused.

Ahhh... Then my work here is done. ;)

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

#17 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

Pull ups are the key to shooting success (saw that on YouTube somewhere). How many pull ups can you do?

#18 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

http://www.doodiepro...cal-vest/page-2

Fuck off Yankee.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#19 ShootsLikeaDog

ShootsLikeaDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:54 PM

Pull ups are the key to shooting success (saw that on YouTube somewhere). How many pull ups can you do?

What part of "IDPA fag" did you miss?  Zero, obviously.  Unless you put the cookie table up there.

I admit it, that thread drew me to sign up.  Couldn't stop myself.  Moth to flame, IDPA types to vests.  But if someone will pay me $50 for it, I'll model the IDPA concealment hoodie.  (I'm assuming this is the same business model as camgirls selling their panties.)

I'll even take video and yell "Bringing the War of Northern Aggression to Doodie!" while I do it.

• Stranger Danger likes this

#20 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

It has come to my attention that your intro post failed to excite the Doodie faithful enough to award you the coveted prize.

I hereby assign you, somewhat belatedly, your Bag of [misshapen] Dicks.  Please consume them all in one sitting.

Go forth and prosper, and continue entertaining us with documentation of your pathetic attempts to getting more gooder at shooting, aka, your Range Diary.

Regards, GL

• Stranger Danger and ShootsLikeaDog like this

In Doodie, Veritas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users